Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821894 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7950 on: August 07, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »
Can't sleep :)

Looks very good. Sounds however not so good without multiple sounds.

I did write a class that allows to play multiple sounds but they are played in a real quick succession (so you get sort of an echo instead).. in either case, this will be rewritten tomorrow to allow chaining gfx + better control for sfx.

I pushed possible animation for resist. That stuff should surround the target when s/he resists a spell instead of dodging it via dodging animation. I can replace formulas and possibly add resistance stat to items, but not show this animation around a target inside BE  :)

Looks really great, I've enabled it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7951 on: August 07, 2016, 07:47:59 PM »
This sh!t is pissing me off... they changed something in image binding and now all animations break down after being used once. It'll prolly take hours to fix :( I'll track it down to source if I can but this is "coding paradigm" crap so prolly not really a bug. I just wish they would stop fucking with it every 3 or 4 major versions...

==>
Sleep now!
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7952 on: August 08, 2016, 12:32:48 AM »
Pain test ( From left / right )

With the new eyes control i just made it finally looks fine lol.. ( do we need special eye types?.. although im not sure they will look good in 3D like the >.< ones)
Now i might work on mouth shapes as anime have special ones..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:11:27 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7953 on: August 08, 2016, 01:38:42 AM »
Looks great :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7954 on: August 08, 2016, 05:54:49 AM »
Perhaps it's time to stick with one specific version of renpy? I'm pretty sure that's what professional devs who release VNs in steam do.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7955 on: August 08, 2016, 06:01:37 AM »
With the new eyes control i just made it finally looks fine lol.. ( do we need special eye types?.. although im not sure they will look good in 3D like the >.< ones)
At very least different forms and colors of iris and pupil are needed. Like vertical pupils for a catgirl. Stuff like comical facial expressions usually doesn't look good in 3d.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7956 on: August 08, 2016, 06:50:40 AM »
Perhaps it's time to stick with one specific version of renpy? I'm pretty sure that's what professional devs who release VNs in steam do.

Prolly not a good idea. They stick to it because their VN is finished and they are not looking to expand it. New versions often come with really cool features which make the game better and we're using a lot.

+ there are not that many people with advanced projects to test new versions of the engine, we just need to figure out the errors and report them:

https://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39594&start=30#p424373

===>>
The zero division thing should be fixable and looks like a plain bug. Transform issue I can fix myself if need be, it's just annoying in this case cause if they cannot fix it internally, we'll prolly have to adjust a whole bunch of skill definitions... Also I cannot really copy-paste our code where this Transform makes more sense (as it adds flexibility without extra code) because it's too complex and a stripped down version looks really stupid which also pisses me off :D Exit thing i know how to fix as well, prolly even for the whole engine but PyTom always finds the best spot + shortest code bit to do it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7957 on: August 08, 2016, 09:23:04 AM »
Anime mouth types.. happy/sad Base

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7958 on: August 08, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »
At very least different forms and colors of iris and pupil are needed. Like vertical pupils for a catgirl. Stuff like comical facial expressions usually doesn't look good in 3d.

Already done the cat girls Pupils/iris change.. and the current iris is already generated so i can chose the color i want.. i will make a catgirl version with different iris color in a few min since its already ready to be used as template
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:42:24 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7959 on: August 08, 2016, 09:40:13 AM »
Here..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7960 on: August 08, 2016, 09:46:02 AM »
Im not gonna try the cat mouth now as it seem complicated lol.. but i can change the size/shape for iris/pupils and their color if needed

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7961 on: August 08, 2016, 09:56:49 AM »
Anime mouth types.. happy/sad Base

Mouth is too open for happy/sad expression. She looks like she's about to say something she'd enjoy saying on the first pic and like she's about to scold someone on the second :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7962 on: August 08, 2016, 09:58:47 AM »
Im not gonna try the cat mouth now as it seem complicated lol.. but i can change the size/shape for iris/pupils and their color if needed

Finish one char first, next one can be a cat girl or something... Do you have a set somewhere (like Dropbox)? Like all that's been done so far?
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7963 on: August 08, 2016, 10:06:10 AM »
Finish one char first, next one can be a cat girl or something... Do you have a set somewhere (like Dropbox)? Like all that's been done so far?

Thats the thing.. when i make those changes i make em for the current girl and all that will come after as its a template that accept everything you might add as custom shape.. so if i make a cat girl traits now.. every char i make could switch to a cat girl look like ( preserving all their own custom traits and basic shapes ) but with cat girls addons

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7964 on: August 08, 2016, 10:08:41 AM »
Mouth is too open for happy/sad expression. She looks like she's about to say something she'd enjoy saying on the first pic and like she's about to scold someone on the second :)

Yeah i know but its because its called mouth happy/sad Base and from there i could tweak it as needed.. rest of face is base so it looks weird but the real expression wil be like pain.. eyes/cheeks/brows moving where they should ( it was just to check out if i was able to make those strange shapes for the mouth )

Edit:
Maybe i named them wrong.. lets call em anime shape 1 and 2 lol

I sitll need 2 other common ones i think
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:12:24 AM by lamoli »