devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821717 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8145 on: August 17, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »
Because, given time, you can infinitely increase any stats but luck, disp and possibly joy. The new two stats are strictly monitored (by me  :) ) to not allow high values.

Specific traits and rare, powerful items also increase and decrease them, making a big difference between characters in battle. If tied to the same old stats, the said difference will be lost very soon.

Ok... GUI fixes are going slow, most of what was left of Gismo's code broke down completely so i have to figure out what's wrong and how to recode it. I am done for the night, most of Hero's/Char's profile is done. If you notice something I don't, let me know.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8146 on: August 18, 2016, 08:27:35 AM »
We might need a function like SimpleAttack3X for some webms, if it's possible with renpy of course. Not right now, when I'll finish with converting to webms.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:31:29 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8147 on: August 18, 2016, 11:15:49 AM »
We might need a function like SimpleAttack3X for some webms, if it's possible with renpy of course. Not right now, when I'll finish with converting to webms.

It shouldn't matter what you use with the multiattack class.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8148 on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:29 AM »
Gonna keep hacking gui, a lot of which is messed up...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8149 on: August 18, 2016, 04:09:57 PM »
The polygon at MC screen is incorrect for luck.

Also, while you are at it, characters and MC stats need support for tooltips for a long time. That includes the polygon.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8150 on: August 18, 2016, 04:21:31 PM »
The polygon at MC screen is incorrect for luck.

Also, while you are at it, characters and MC stats need support for tooltips for a long time. That includes the polygon.

I am updating nd screen, which is one of the most complex that we have. Code left by Gismo there worked accidentally, it is almost impossible to fix by trying to force another accident so a complete rewrite is needed just to get it working as it was before...

No tooltips... I wanted a civ style encyclopedia after the beta release, maybe even a limited one before.

I'll take a look at the polygon thing when I can.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8151 on: August 18, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »
Quests and items transfer screens are messed up too.

At the MC screen there is now a free space after the friends button. Unless you freed it for a new button, it's not supposed to be there. And Skills and Traits buttons are not at the center.

There is also an old issue with traits with long names, like ALBoobs. The trait name is not centered for such long names, and looks not very good. If it's not fixable, it's better to change the name while it's not too widely used, ie now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8152 on: August 19, 2016, 05:45:26 AM »
Ok, ND screen will prolly take another few hours tonight, there is just too much code to fix. I've also destroyed a bunch of flawed styles which broke even moar sh!t down :( I also want to style a couple more things in the game, just don't know if I should do it now or in a major code review.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8153 on: August 19, 2016, 07:43:53 AM »
Looks like a fail.. maybe you can help me point out whats wrong..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8154 on: August 19, 2016, 08:05:14 AM »
Looks a bit like a guy but otherwise it's a nice render. Did you finish the blond girl?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8155 on: August 19, 2016, 08:11:38 AM »
Hmm... I just googled the source:

- She needs to be paler.
- Lips got to be a little bit thinner.
- Eyebrows got to match the color of hair.

I don't know her from source but she looks ok to me otherwise.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8156 on: August 19, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »
Looks a bit like a guy but otherwise it's a nice render. Did you finish the blond girl?

Ok yeah somehow cant get closer to original.. http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/valkyria/images/4/4e/Selvaria_Bles_Profile.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/222?cb=20110820021638 ( and indeed she looks like a guy wearing all that clothing.. i gues if a remove a layer or 2 she might look more girly ) i guess ill stop here for now.. for Cassandra no still need some work to make face look even more alike but can use her right now if needed..
I will try Alisa Amelia from God eater as like Selvaria she has a face type out of norm that i would need for random char ( as i can mix all the faces iv made to get lots of variants.. )
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:16:53 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8157 on: August 19, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »
Hmm... I just googled the source:

- She needs to be paler.
- Lips got to be a little bit thinner.
- Eyebrows got to match the color of hair.

I don't know her from source but she looks ok to me otherwise.

kk right will try to fix that.. maybe even lashes.. those big eyebrows/lashes remind me of Easdeath lol

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8158 on: August 19, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
Eyes are very important for this style, atm they looks pale, giving her lifeless appearance.

Here is an example of eye from AA2, not perfectly suitable for her, but still. The eye color and texture is not monotonous, it's varied like here. And light reflection has soft borders.
Another example.

Xela, take a look at Abnormally Large Boobs trait name in gui  :)
Either you can fix it to be centered perfectly, or I change name to simply Large for example.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8159 on: August 19, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »

Xela, take a look at Abnormally Large Boobs trait name in gui  :)
Either you can fix it to be centered perfectly, or I change name to simply Large for example.

I don't know, it should be possible to fix. Gonna try a bit later.

Edit:
Yeah, a simple text_align .5 aligns it perfectly. I'll push later along with some ND updates.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:17:42 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?