Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821206 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8550 on: October 07, 2016, 07:29:02 AM »
And something is to be said about finding icons for all elements and delivery types... images that we use completely outshine unicode that we use.
Done  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8551 on: October 07, 2016, 08:10:14 AM »
Done  :)

Awesome!

While messing with BR, I may have figured out how to get our inherit from ADVCharacter directly... not 100% certain yet but we may be able to do stuff like:

Code: [Select]
hero "Hello"
$ hero.health += 10

and

nami "Hello"
$ nami.health += 10
$ nami.mood_override() # Or whatever it's called...

Right now you gotta type nami.say "Hello" which is a bit inconvenient.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8552 on: October 07, 2016, 09:45:41 AM »
I was under impression that it's unsafe to write stuff like $ hero.health += 10, and one should use $ hero.mod("health", 10) to check if health is less than all maxes before applying.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8553 on: October 07, 2016, 10:45:36 AM »
While messing with BR, I may have figured out how to get our inherit from ADVCharacter directly...
Funny, I don't see BR on github anymore. It was there just a few days ago.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8554 on: October 07, 2016, 12:17:10 PM »
I was under impression that it's unsafe to write stuff like $ hero.health += 10, and one should use $ hero.mod("health", 10) to check if health is less than all maxes before applying.

No, it's perfectly safe, our character class will redirect it accordingly.

Funny, I don't see BR on github anymore. It was there just a few days ago.

The idea for the repo was to be private, it was for a while and TW was paying for it. We decided to switch to BitBucket which allows private repositories for free. I can add you there if you have an account with them. I just added killer class that inherits from three parent classes so you can do stuff like:

$ nika.stat += 10
$ nika.expr("face_expression")
$ nika.set_flag("fucked_the_capitain")
nika "Hi, I am Nika!"

which will really simplify the development in the future. I must be getting better at this sh!t cause I couldn't figure out how to do this in three prior attempts (one in PyTFall included) :) Prolly the most convenient way imaginable to dev the game!

I've also put my PyTFall's experience with image tags to good use :D The doll with all the clothing and all the expression is constructed fully automatically from files names and with "exceptions" through JSON file. It's possible to test new shit that was added almost "on the fly" using a special screen and use Ren'Py to recolor any set of clothing (although we're not planning to do that as precolored options that are bound to items are used, could become a thing in the future).

They made a mess of locations, flags and wrote some classes that might have worked in pure python but are not renpy safe, I need to clear that sh!t before story can be developed...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8555 on: October 07, 2016, 12:41:26 PM »
Fix BE menu for weapon attacks when you'll have time. I believe scrolling of some kind is the only solution, since we'll have more and more attacks in the dev mode.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8556 on: October 07, 2016, 12:44:21 PM »
Fix BE menu for weapon attacks when you'll have time. I believe scrolling of some kind is the only solution, since we'll have more and more attacks in the dev mode.

Oki, I'll add a viewport there right now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8557 on: October 07, 2016, 01:10:45 PM »
Oki, I'll add a viewport there right now.

Done, we'll need to come up with proper names at some point, for once, you enter a menu called "attacks" and almost every options ends with "Attack"... it's about the same as adding "Spell" after every magical skill. Also some of the names are too long, menu names should be used to create abbreviations of some kinds.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8558 on: October 08, 2016, 05:19:31 AM »
There is a free game on steam, Crush Crush. They have a few curious ideas.

- Characters have many statuses depending on disposition level, from Adversary to Lover. They don't really do much, but it looks neat in their profiles.
- MC can spend time on various hobbies and gain hobbies levels from it. They don't do much, but certain characters like certain hobbies.
- Gifts are separated by types like books, flowers, candies, etc. And characters like not specific gifts, but specific types of gifts.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8559 on: October 08, 2016, 05:48:26 AM »
Not bad, but this will overload players brain in pytfall :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8560 on: October 08, 2016, 07:55:33 AM »
Gifts types make gifting simpler. Once you know what the character likes, you don't need to guess what to buy.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8561 on: October 08, 2016, 01:49:33 PM »
Wait a sec...

First of all, after
call screen hidden_area(areas={...})
_result variable does not exist, unlike normal matrix. So I pretty much cannot know what the screen returns.

Secondly, I changed buttons alpha to 1.0 to test how matrix works. And with
call screen hidden_area(areas={"fish_0": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_1": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_2": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_3": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_4": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_5": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_6": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_7": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_8": ((100, 100), (.1, .5)), "fish_9": ((100, 100), (.1, .5))})
all ten areas are located in top left corner, with zero randomness.

The random matrix is not operational  ::)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:05:22 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8562 on: October 08, 2016, 08:45:07 PM »
:(

I'll check it out tomorrow evening (gonna be traveling in morning/afternoon). Push your testcases so I can take a look.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8563 on: October 09, 2016, 08:09:12 AM »
I dunno why _return doesn't work. But I don't really see any attempts to randomly place hidden buttons, so the lack of randomness is not surprising.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:12:07 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8564 on: October 09, 2016, 08:25:56 AM »
I am pulling your testcase off the server right now.
Like what we're doing?