Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821622 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8580 on: October 10, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »
I remember about it. My point is we never tried to use small animations as tiles to make one big fullscreen animation. Is it even possible with renpy with acceptable performance?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8581 on: October 10, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
Remind be how to hide characters sprites by HitlerKaputting them, it's been a while since I used it  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8582 on: October 10, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »
I remember about it. My point is we never tried to use small animations as tiles to make one big fullscreen animation. Is it even possible with renpy with acceptable performance?

I recon the idea is to resize the animation, not to tile it. Although both are perfectly possible and should run well. I've added two options, first one seems a little bit better but I am not crazy about either one. Seems like there is a ramp missing, like in breeding season :D Something for MC to stand on.

Any "jumps" you see in the animation are due to lack of prediction and will work great the second time you load it. Adding better image prediction is on the todo list.

Remind be how to hide characters sprites by HitlerKaputting them, it's been a while since I used it  :)

I imagine you just show them as:

Code: [Select]
show expression HitlerKaputt(displayable, crops) as meow
pause 1.5
hide meow

With the displayable being anything you can show in Ren'Py and crops the amount of crops you want to have the image split into (10 makes 100 pieces I think). It's been a while since I used it as well :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8583 on: October 10, 2016, 03:54:43 PM »
I've yet to see a non vector picture which look good after resizing from 265 to 1280. That's why I mentioned possible custom class, to create one big animation from small ones by showing them next to each other.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:56:36 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8584 on: October 10, 2016, 07:04:27 PM »
There was something that did that by default... I'll look into it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8585 on: October 10, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »
Done, tis tiled now!

I tried to precompile conditions for the events/quests system to make code look "cooler" and get it to run faster (which we did not really need) but it completely broke saving so it was a major fail :( Saving is back now anyway.

==>>
Back to sleep, that damned saving error kept nagging me deep inside :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:58:47 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8586 on: October 11, 2016, 03:25:35 AM »
Sadly, circles webm doesn't look good when zoomed a lot, I replaced it with bubbles webm.

I have another similar minigame in mind. We show a few fast moving webms just like at the fish screen, preferably with more complex trajectories, but you can see them only in a small area around the cursor, like a radar with 100-200 pixels radius  :)
The circles webm probably will look good as the cursor image there.

But it's for the future. Right now we need the ability to freely disable and enable any areas in normal matrix when needed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8587 on: October 11, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »
But it's for the future. Right now we need the ability to freely disable and enable any areas in normal matrix when needed.

I've added that functionality, you should be able to add areas to hidden property of the polymatrix screen. With that you should have full control.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8588 on: October 11, 2016, 09:38:01 AM »
Sadly, circles webm doesn't look good when zoomed a lot, I replaced it with bubbles webm.

I have another similar minigame in mind. We show a few fast moving webms just like at the fish screen, preferably with more complex trajectories, but you can see them only in a small area around the cursor, like a radar with 100-200 pixels radius  :)
The circles webm probably will look good as the cursor image there.

Maybe zooming to different sizes/shapes... there was a project that allowed to precode complex trajectories by clicking on the screen and storing that data. We'll check it out when we get to it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8589 on: October 11, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »
I wonder if it's possible/wise to make a webm instead of 250 pictures to use as tiles. No need for image prediction, less size.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:01:38 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8590 on: October 11, 2016, 10:57:29 AM »
I wonder if it's possible/wise to make a webm instead of 250 pictures to use as tiles. No need for image prediction, less size.

We could try... I am still not completely clear on when webms running the same audio channel work and when they not. Working theory is that if you start webms at the same time and repeat them at the same time, they run well so it should be perfectly possible.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8591 on: October 11, 2016, 11:12:34 AM »
Well,
add Frame("water_texture", tile=True, xysize=(1280, 720))
where
image water_texture = Movie(channel="main_gfx_bow", play="content/gfx/animations/water_texture_webm/movie.webm")
does nothing, it's basically invisible  :D

I pushed it, maybe you could do something.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:16:54 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8592 on: October 11, 2016, 11:51:56 AM »
I pushed it, maybe you could do something.

I'll take a stab at it...

Man... I am so FUCKING tired of these shitty, fucked and dumb saving/loading issues. Loading doesn't work due to an "impossible" bullshit issue again.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8593 on: October 11, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »
Webm thing is fixed. I'll consider myself really, really lucky if I track down the fucking saving/loading issue by the day after tomorrow...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8594 on: October 11, 2016, 01:42:56 PM »
Nice. Perhaps we should reset the repo after releasing beta to get rid of useless archived resources.

Fishing is more or less ready. You can only catch items with price <= fishing skill, that includes some pretty rare stuff. But if player has 6000 fishing skill without cheating, he deserves a chance to catch Excalibur  :)