Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821242 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8910 on: November 12, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
We already did, here. You didn't explain what do you mean exactly by hazards, but I figured there will be comments in the code anyway  :)

I only can show a screenshot from neptunia minigame again, that's how I imagine SE in work, with different interface of course. Maybe without detailed battle logs if it's too hard to add.
The team can find enemies, chests or events. Chests contain loot/gold and may have traps. Events lead to arbitrary label and can do anything to the team. Strictly speaking, all chests can be events too, since they just give items or activate traps.

By events in general I mean text events and a few python lines, like increase/decrease health or give an item. Or for example check if the team has a lockpick if they found a locked chest. Those events will be visible only in SE log.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:41:01 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8911 on: November 12, 2016, 08:02:29 AM »
We already did, here. You didn't explain what do you mean exactly by hazards, but I figured there will be comments in the code anyway  :)

Oki. I remembered most of that discussion even though I forgot the thread was there :D

It'll take some time as rewriting old code is slow... I've considered just writing new code before but decided not to.
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #8912 on: November 12, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »
For better micromanagement I've adapted the char_list screen. Girls on page get a selection box that can also be manipulated with buttons 'These" (to toggle selection on page) 'All' to select all with current filters or 'None'. Filters are also diplayed differently.

Currently I've implemented one mass action: training, but I think it would be useful to add more, for instance
* equipment
* activity
* get rid

The implementation for a selection in training.rpy and training - classes.rpy is somewhat hackish, the required functions are now recursed in a case of a list. Maybe they should by modified to expect a list in any case, with at least one character.

BTW I removed the sprite editor commit from my branch for now. It has save/restore issues for instance, so it's not yet ready.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:47:23 AM by picobyte »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8913 on: November 12, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
For better micromanagement I've adapted the char_list screen. Girls on page get a selection box that can also be manipulated with buttons 'These" (to toggle selection on page) 'All' to select all with current filters or 'None'. Filters are also diplayed differently.

Currently I've implemented one mass action: training, but I think it would be useful to add more, for instance
* equipment
* activity
* get rid

The implementation for a selection in training.rpy and training - classes.rpy is somewhat hackish, the required functions are now recursed in a case of a list. Maybe they should by modified to expect a list in any case, with at least one character.

Oki, So it is not possible to set multiple characters up for training?

BTW I removed the sprite editor commit from my branch for now. It has save/restore issues for instance, so it's not yet ready.

What do you mean by "sprite editor"?
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #8914 on: November 12, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »
Oki, So it is not possible to set multiple characters up for training?

yes, it is.

What do you mean by "sprite editor"?

I added its code yesterday as a commit to my branch but removed it for now as I think I cannot merge it yet. It is from a renpy project I wrote earlier to compose a body, using multiple images, using layers and the renpy camera code, the former project wasn't published. I'll add the code in a development branch, but it requires art for which I used Akabur's witch trainer images combined with an old scarecrow kisekae set from the owl. I'm not sure want their art shared.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8915 on: November 12, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »
I added its code yesterday as a commit to my branch but removed it for now as I think I cannot merge it yet. It is from a renpy project I wrote earlier to compose a body, using multiple images, using layers and the renpy camera code, the former project wasn't published. I'll add the code in a development branch, but it requires art for which I used Akabur's witch trainer images combined with an old scarecrow kisekae set from the owl. I'm not sure want their art shared.

To use as NPC? I doubt that it would be possible to use something like that as a char without a lot of extra code to the show method, which is likely to create an extra mess we can do without.

I wrote something along those lines for another game we're working on. It loads sprites directly from images files to a UDD, handles gesture and closing and has a complicated system setup for expressions (main character has 470+ expressions (we're obviously not using all of them but still :D )).

We have 7 or 8 character with layers, expressions and clothing without a single image declaration except for their names.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8916 on: November 12, 2016, 01:07:18 PM »
Huh? But I don't see anything new at the chars_list screen, even after force recompile...

Offline picobyte

« Reply #8917 on: November 12, 2016, 01:26:20 PM »
Sorry not pushed yet, I have done that now. please ignore the equipment button, I will remove that shortly.

Edit: actually I see I didn't push the equipment button yet. It is a local change to try to get it working.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:30:13 PM by picobyte »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8918 on: November 12, 2016, 02:57:52 PM »
Look good, there is less space for filters now, amount of which increases with businesses and available jobs but this one is definitely worth it.

Alignment breaks depending on if char is a slave or not. Also we have a "proper" empty check box icon (somewhere).
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #8919 on: November 12, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »
The decreased space is to allow more mass actions except training. Equipment is a tough one. I'm thinking about creating a PytGroup class for this purpose.

* equipment
* activity
and maybe: get rid

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8920 on: November 13, 2016, 03:37:44 AM »
Classes are usually an overkill for sorting/grouping, screens, label with a while loop intercepting ui.interact and maybe a couple of funcs are enough. But if you think that class can result in clearer, better readable code, knock yourself out :)

That weird thing longint did with sorting for chars list screen is a very old and confusing code in of itself. I tried cleaning it up a bit but there is always something else to work on so I left it for major refactoring effort after beta release.

Pyt are also old and weird naming style, you can call the class CharsGroup or SortingGroup or something along those lines if you decide to go with a class.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8921 on: November 13, 2016, 04:19:26 AM »
The decreased space is to allow more mass actions except training.

And yeah, I figured :)

But I am not going over new code after every push. I've tested old design with a lot of filters and there will be an overflow of space for filter option when player has loads of buildings and lot of jobs option. If there is a viewport there already or you put one in, this post is not relevant. If there is not, there should be one so we don't get a new bug (which we can take out now) that pops up when people start testing after beta release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8922 on: November 13, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »
@Dark:

Did you delete the track we used to play during BE testing all the time? It was one of my favs and I can't find it anymore.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8923 on: November 13, 2016, 01:31:17 PM »
I deleted some tracks that cannot be easily looped, which led to awkward silence in the middle of battle. I think I deleted the one you talking about by mistake, it was already looped properly. If we taking about the same track, of course. I restored it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8924 on: November 13, 2016, 02:05:03 PM »
I deleted some tracks that cannot be easily looped, which led to awkward silence in the middle of battle. I think I deleted the one you talking about by mistake, it was already looped properly. If we taking about the same track, of course. I restored it.

Yeap, that's the one I was talking about. There is at least another one of mine missing but we can do without it.

It all got to start somewhere :D :
Like what we're doing?