devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821719 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8970 on: November 20, 2016, 06:49:13 AM »
No problem, can list the ones, they are listed in the backtrace after "strict" schema validation. For the items in git I have removed the refinement stat entries. Or is that too simple? Also some characters have it, they are not in git.

Code: [Select]
content/rchars/random_classes/data_Dark_Elf.json
content/rchars/random_classes/data_Noble_Elf.json
content/rchars/random_classes/data_Ranger_Elf.json

If there's more out of date, take a look at the schema/data_types.json. I can fix entries in json semi-automated, but I'll have to tackle each one at a time.

I doubt refinement can be loaded as a stat from character JSONs (more likely that it will simply be ignored), we have a lot of stuff that prevents it. I think we may even had checks during item application but I've recently removed them so errors like this crash the game instead of writing warning to devlog.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8971 on: November 20, 2016, 06:55:51 AM »
Gonna try to wrap up core loop for SE tonight, maybe even start working on detailed reports interface if time permits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #8972 on: November 20, 2016, 07:01:36 AM »
So I was thinking, we have char_equip screen and the item_transfer subscreen. I like the item_transfer screen layout, but is there anything that you can do here that you cannot do in the char_equip screen?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8973 on: November 20, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »
I think I fixed all repo cases. As for characters jsons, it's too early to update them considering how often we change stuff, since it cannot be done as easily as changing repo files.

So I was thinking, we have char_equip screen and the item_transfer subscreen. I like the item_transfer screen layout, but is there anything that you can do here that you cannot do in the char_equip screen?
Transfer items directly between characters.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8974 on: November 20, 2016, 07:48:57 AM »

Transfer items directly between characters.

Yeah, it also has a more convenient interface for transferring items. You misunderstood me about the intentions towards that screen and items transfer, the items transfer mechanics are not really designed to be just between the MC and the Char you picked from the profile screen, it's there cause someone asked me to throw that in. Originally it was designed to be activated from Buildings. When used that way, all characters in the building are loaded into the screen and you can make your choices.

So when I suggested loading a "group" into transfer screen, I did not mean your new sorting/grouping class. The idea was to just take the selected characters list, add MC there and feed that data to items transfer screen so you could transfer between character of your choice individually.
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #8975 on: November 20, 2016, 08:48:10 AM »
So when I suggested loading a "group" into transfer screen, I did not mean your new sorting/grouping class. The idea was to just take the selected characters list, add MC there and feed that data to items transfer screen so you could transfer between character of your choice individually.

I missed it supported that, great idea, I implemented it. Maybe good to know though that it is still possible to transfer between groups, if you call the transfer screen with groups in the array. Also, I now display the odd indexed characters to the left, the even to the right.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8976 on: November 20, 2016, 08:54:03 AM »
Also, I now display the odd indexed characters to the left, the even to the right.

Awesome.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8977 on: November 20, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »
core loop for SE tonight

It's more or less working, really basic setup but they can go to the location, explore and come back. Fighting seems to be working as well although I had to add 100 turns limit to logical be cause it and SE content are very unbalanced.

Camping and overnight resting are next, maybe detailed interface after that.

Interface improvements are always welcome but if you decide to hit core logic, let us know first cause it is not explained anywhere in great detail. Like you've restored buildings loading from JSONs but those are there just for reference from Alpha release. In Beta, we're planning to generate buildings using code (once they are finished).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8978 on: November 20, 2016, 10:38:29 AM »
There is nothing wrong with finding unbeatable enemy. That means you need higher level and/or different skills.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8979 on: November 20, 2016, 10:50:20 AM »
There is nothing wrong with finding unbeatable enemy. That means you need higher level and/or different skills.

Agreed, but there was something else wrong, maybe I messed something up when setting up testing scenario because two weak teams kept fighting for 500 000 turns (we log it to devlog.txt). It doesn't matter, BE AI is still in the plans and this never happened with manual team setups.

There is a lot to do still from: http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3752.0 but with a working core loop, it's gonna go faster now. Interface logic is also incomplete, even logic that is working now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8980 on: November 20, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »
You know... as you write code, ideas pop into the head. It's almost criminal that we do not have an item like "Tent" for SE :D Maybe I can set it up as a flag or something...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8981 on: November 20, 2016, 11:20:22 AM »
Unless you use wolves everywhere, they probably found enemies immune to physical damage  :)
Such things require elemental weapons or spells.

We also should limit enemies mp and vitality to prevent unfair spells spamming. They might have significant mp and vitality regeneration, but definitely not infinite resources.

You know... as you write code, ideas pop into the head. It's almost criminal that we do not have an item like "Tent" for SE :D Maybe I can set it up as a flag or something...
We even can have different types, with more expensive ones giving better bonuses after rest.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8982 on: November 20, 2016, 12:24:52 PM »
We even can have different types, with more expensive ones giving better bonuses after rest.

Yeap :)

I'll try to put some time into interface now but it's one of the most complex setups in the game so chances are it's not gonna get finished tonight :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8983 on: November 21, 2016, 02:54:40 AM »
Man... Ren'Py new GUI boundaries handling is awesome. I can finally enjoy working on screens again!  ;D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8984 on: November 21, 2016, 08:26:46 AM »
Hmm. I'm not sure how to handle magic setups. There are 4 pure warriors classes, which gives plenty of room. But it's harder for pure mages, leaving combinations like assassin+mage aside.

I suppose before making setups we need the same amount of classes for mages too.