devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821319 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9015 on: November 26, 2016, 05:40:09 PM »
In this case we'll need means to clear the whole team instantly - instead of clicking on every character manually.

If you say so...

When you use equip and profile options, they sometimes (pretty often) become red.

I am going to try and figure out why/when. This happened before and there may be some form of a new feature in Ren'Py I don't know about (yet).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9016 on: November 26, 2016, 06:32:15 PM »
All done :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9017 on: November 26, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »

Looks like I found the issue what f*cked up BE and several other things:

Code: [Select]
-                'health': [100, 0, 100, 200],
+                'health': [200, 50, 200, 400],

I am not entirely sure what you were trying to do here, but please don't ever do that again :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9018 on: November 27, 2016, 01:43:25 AM »
I hoped it will prevent health going down to 0 when too many traits/effects that decrease health are involved. You mentioned that BE operates separately from the main game, I never thought it will be affected too.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:16:02 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9019 on: November 27, 2016, 04:59:26 AM »
I hoped it will prevent health going down to 0 when too many traits/effects that decrease health are involved. You mentioned that BE operates separately from the main game, I never thought it will be affected too.

I see, actually that was old Jake's BE, fighters there were completely isolated from PyTFall's characters. Minimum should always be 0... if we were starting to code the system today, I'd make that 0 even for luck and disposition and remove it from settings.

Basically min 50 means that health can never go below 50, making all characters in the game immortal unless whatever is supposed to kill them does at least damage of 50 or more (but even in this case, there health will still remain at 50 eve though death was triggered). So when we are testing SE with a setup of weak wolves vs weak team, all the nubs on both sides fight till their health is at 50 and only occasionally critical strike is rolled that would cause damage over 50 and finally finish someone off/ends the BE.

It was a weird case which I couldn't figure out for a while :) In some cases, when traits that improve defense were rolled on top of Warrior trait for at least one of the testing characters, BE would go into infinite loop because even critical strikes from such shitty opponents could no longer kill her. And apparently level 1 random warrior without equipment never trumps level 10 wolf... no matter how lucky they get with traits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9020 on: November 27, 2016, 07:40:28 AM »
    # Useful keymappings (first time I try this in PyTFall): ====================================>
    if focusitem:
        key "mousedown_2" action Return(["item", "equip/unequip"])
    else:
        key "mousedown_2" action NullAction()
    key "mousedown_3" action Return(['control', 'return'])
    key "mousedown_4" action Function(inv_source.inventory.next)
    key "mousedown_5" action Function(inv_source.inventory.prev)
    key "mousedown_6" action Return(['con', 'return'])
Curious example of using additional mouse buttons in the code. But it would work much better if you could equip/unequip without selecting the item first via left mouse button, just by pointing at it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9021 on: November 27, 2016, 08:19:30 AM »
We still have old slots names (aka smallweapon) at the equipment screen, inside the equipment doll slots.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9022 on: November 27, 2016, 08:22:12 AM »
Curious example of using additional mouse buttons in the code. But it would work much better if you could equip/unequip without selecting the item first via left mouse button, just by pointing at it.

I am fairly sure that it's not hard to arrange for but it seems very impracticable. Focusing item by clicking on it to see it's effects first is more intuitive. Maybe we can poll this after the release and change in a patch if people like the idea.

We still have old slots names (aka smallweapon) at the equipment screen, inside the equipment doll slots.

Right... those need to be aliased as well. I've noticed it couple of days as well ago but did get around to fixing it yet.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9023 on: November 27, 2016, 08:52:27 AM »
Ideally we could use there slots icons instead of slot names. Like the ones we use for filters, but with transparent background. Too bad we don't have the source pictures used by Gismo when he made the filters icons.
Without the source it's not an easy task to find suitable icons, so meanwhile aliases are better than raw names.

key "mousedown_3" action Return([...']) is a great way to exit beach minigames at any point without finishing them, if one desires to.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9024 on: November 27, 2016, 09:06:25 AM »
Ideally we could use there slots icons instead of slot names. Like the ones we use for filters, but with transparent background. Too bad we don't have the source pictures used by Gismo when he made the filters icons.
Without the source it's not an easy task to find suitable icons, so meanwhile aliases are better than raw names.

I'll ask him when he's on. He might still have them.

key "mousedown_3" action Return([...']) is a great way to exit beach minigames at any point without finishing them, if one desires to.

Feel free to add that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9025 on: November 28, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »
It wasn't as hard to delete backgrounds as I feared. I think doll slots look pretty good now.

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9026 on: November 28, 2016, 03:47:06 PM »
I have been tinkering with the PytGroup, but not pushed because there are some flaws still.

Local changes include a sepia equipment for the most abundant item, if only a part of the group has it (similar to partially owned items). Also I have the `char control' (button/screen) working to some extent, added a grey marked checkbox for partial selection. Issues that remain:

Girl control is not restricted correctly to free / non-free chars. With all chars selected it is possible to set/unset options in `char control' that toggle these options also for characters where this  shouldn't be possible. There is some restriction, but it is not the total restriction of the entire selection of characters.

Equipment filters often do not work as supposed for items present in part of the group and sometimes do not show.

Edit: nice addition by the way, the items backgrounds.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:04:57 PM by picobyte »

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9027 on: November 28, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »
Fixed Girl control restriction and filters so I've pushed changes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9028 on: November 28, 2016, 06:59:05 PM »
I'll try it out tomorrow, code looks unnecessary complicated for something that groups a bunch if chars and applies funcs to the groups but as long as it's working :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9029 on: November 29, 2016, 03:03:28 AM »
Care to suggest some improvements?  8)