devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821643 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9045 on: November 29, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »
Well i like her aswell but shes from a unique girl set you could say.. ( not sure if anyone made a pack with her yet ) but as known char i dont think i could use her as random girl

Or i make a unique pack with her lol..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9046 on: November 29, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »
Once the animation of the new school uniform is done ill extract what you need to test out colorize from the stripper scene i previously made a example of

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9047 on: November 29, 2016, 10:40:18 AM »
what need to be tested is the coloring.. i can get everything needed as white with darker areas  for shadows but i need to test if the diffuse (natural color spill) of other nearby colors still work in the same way on the item.. else it woulnd look as good after coloration.. unless you can colorize above a withe with shadows/color spill base..

This is what it looks like in Babe Runner: https://youtu.be/OQMhQa5Kd4U

There is not a single image declaration for this, everything is loaded from filesnames, it works on android (not using os to load files) and also manages expressions (she has 470 unique variants but we're presently using like 8 ). If you make a render, I can prolly cook up something similar (we are not likely require full complexity of this doll cause here parts of clothing are put on different layers, hand moves it's position when coat is equipped and etc.).

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:53:23 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9048 on: November 29, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
That said, we should do a simple, normal pack for Beta release and mess with coloring and clothing for final release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9049 on: November 29, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »
Well i like her aswell but shes from a unique girl set you could say.. ( not sure if anyone made a pack with her yet ) but as known char i dont think i could use her as random girl

Or i make a unique pack with her lol..

You make it sound like we can't use a famous char for a random girl... a lot of similar games do it and I have not heard complains so far, as long as she can be removed if someone really wants her to be unique.

Piick which one you want to work with first! It doesn't matter as long as we can squeeze a dedicated random pack out of it :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9050 on: November 29, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Ok, with 2D drawings its simpler but as i would probably go with 3d in general i will have RL shadows and diffuse and i already see a problem... as the rendered clothing will take on a few pixels of its own color mixed with another color of a nearby item like ( clothing / BG ) we could remove the diffuse to make it work everywhere (any clothing combination / BG )but it woulnd integrate as good as it should have.. but i think its still possible to get good results..

For a pack im still lacking a few more clothing items ( general outfits / lingerie ) then manually pose some of the hair types i have ( it wont look as good as the RL thing as i havent found the right method for hair yet ) from my previous scene pose i had like 80/85 pose done from the CG Dark gave me so i should have almost everything..

So as long as i make the missing clothing i should be able to render packs..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:06:41 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9051 on: November 29, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »
As someone mentioned a few weeks ago, with the currently existing packs some traits are very rare, while customers want all types of traits.
Specifically, small boobs/abnormally large boobs. There is simply not enough original pictures to make random packs for these traits like I usually do.

This is something we can achieve only via rendering.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9052 on: November 29, 2016, 01:09:56 PM »
Indeed another thing that could easily be done is pregnancy its almost never done for me its only setting a slider between 0 and 100% lol and clothing would follow

witch means i need to combine the old and new clothing technique to achieve a RL looking drape/collision/wrinkles and auto adapting clothing ( but for now without animation as i need to improve the system first )
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:12:07 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9053 on: November 29, 2016, 01:48:52 PM »
Details up to you :)

The only thing I'd point on for 100th time is that it would serve us well to have a simple, default pack first for beta and move to complex stuff afterwards.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9054 on: November 29, 2016, 03:07:55 PM »
Here the other school outfit..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v49hzek4r80bcw7/schooluni20091-0331.avi?dl=0

As you can see on the 30 body pause frames or between poses layer 2 and 3 have problems in some areas
simulation dosnt like toes or finger it seems.. so the best way would be to use physics for the looks then use the auto adapting approach from that shape

Damm there is a bug and expressions where not rendered lol making another file..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:41:47 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9055 on: November 29, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »
Yes to make a basic pack all thats missing are more clothes...

and i think i found out what was causing the expressions rendering problem
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:42:50 PM by lamoli »

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9056 on: November 29, 2016, 05:59:31 PM »
What you refer to I wrote quite a while before this push, and I agree it contained some dirty hacks. I'll look into it. However, once you tried to get a group to act as a person, I think you'll have to agree that what is handled is complicated; the delegator class and friends for that purpose are not so much.

I have no clue what problems you were trying to solve with 200 lines of "delegator" classes, the tasks as I see them:

1) Create a group (set) of characters in the listing screen.
2) Pass the group to other screens, like equipment/training and etc.
3) Fix the interface on those screens through isinstance(Char/set) checks whereever required.
4) Write a number of funcs or update existing once to get the group functionality working.

1, 2 and 4 is basically contained in the PytGroup class, why shouldn't it be a class?
3 occurs only where  necessary. I don't think you'd want to pollute the screens either with branches for Char and Set, or would want to duplicate the screens for either.

The set of chars in a class is what I started with. You can create properties and delegate each get and set attribute to each member of the group. It gets complicated when you want to get the value of an attribute of something contained in the members of the group. An attribute, a function, or e.g. the icon of an item contained in an char.eqslots['belt']. The deep access and return of a single value, requires some form of attribute/dict/list/function recursion and problem solving in case it gives multiple answers. Delegatorception.

there are no issues with this that I can foresee but I obviously never actually tried adding this functionality.

Code: [Select]
                elif isinstance(var, (dict, renpy.python.RevertableDict)):
                elif isinstance(var, (Char, rChar))

Python will check parent classes as well so:

Code: [Select]
elif isinstance(var, dict):
elif isinstance(var, Char):

Thanks I will address these as well.

I understand you want to stabilize for beta, just fixes where required. Ok with me, I'll put serious changes in a development branch.

I don't think items transfer is working correctly, you are supposed to have the same characters in both viewports! The screen itself will make sure that you cannot pick two of the same character from both sides. It's a simple func if I recall correctly, you can take a look at how it's done in the buildings, just copy/paste the code and change the container (at least I hope that it's this simple*).

This is something that I thought of after the patch it was introduced. It is nice to have a shorter list though, therefore I solved it by adding a switch active characters button, in the center, that allows to temporarily swap the characters to the other side and allow transfer of either with the alternate group.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9057 on: November 29, 2016, 07:59:35 PM »
== Deleted ==
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:16:17 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9058 on: November 29, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »
== Deleted ==

Those comments were less than useful. As long as the system works reliably, it should be fine.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:17:35 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9059 on: November 30, 2016, 12:08:26 AM »
Yeah.. i found how to fix the facial expressions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcrhfaf9gcwdzns/schooluni2v20091-0331.avi?dl=0