devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821742 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9600 on: March 15, 2017, 02:21:15 AM »
Hey.
We could use some help with packs, yeah. You have an impressive collection of packs, so you may even convert them instead of creating new ones if you want to.

Characters already can be added to the game, and while their data file format is not finished yet (it could be changed a bit before and after the release), pictures themselves will stay.

Here I described the process of tagging images. It's a bit more complex than in WM, you need to download the tagger I made to rename pictures according to the game format, because it would be too difficult to rename pictures manually.

You can also download some of my packs to understand the general concept.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9601 on: March 15, 2017, 04:00:47 AM »
or/and you can put together a Fairy Tail pack if you don't have one already. If you feel up to it, you can try and setup dev environment for pytfall to see how your creations feel in the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9602 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:49 AM »
A fun fact: someone added a turban item for head slot (don't remember who, not me) as an Easter egg related to Lurker's profile picture  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9603 on: March 15, 2017, 04:43:08 AM »
I'm going to update credits before I forget about it, we had many people helping us at some point since the alpha release.

So, does our current BE have anything to do with Jake's BE? Like parts of code or general logic. Because it's mentioned in credits atm.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:44:47 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9604 on: March 15, 2017, 05:01:25 AM »
Welp, I'm not allowed to delete threads. Xela, delete this tread - delete, not just close. Otherwise it may confuse people and they will keep sending pms.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9605 on: March 15, 2017, 05:20:23 AM »
So, does our current BE have anything to do with Jake's BE? Like parts of code or general logic. Because it's mentioned in credits atm.

Nope.

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9606 on: March 15, 2017, 06:30:41 AM »
It happens when you use screen scaling in win10 plus extend in renpy. Spaces between characters in text change a bit after every extend.

I am still not sure what you're talking about here. I tried the scaling thing and it feels more or less the same as simply lowering screen resolution. Nothing really changed in Ren'Py except for everything getting proportionally bigger.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9607 on: March 15, 2017, 06:33:22 AM »

or/and you can put together a Fairy Tail pack if you don't have one already. If you feel up to it, you can try and setup dev environment for pytfall to see how your creations feel in the game.
Sure, i can give that a go. Think i have one or two of the Fairy Tail girls laying arouind somewhere.

A fun fact: someone added a turban item for head slot (don't remember who, not me) as an Easter egg related to Lurker's profile picture  :)
Hah! I'm honored. xD

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9608 on: March 15, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »
Sure, i can give that a go.

Let us know if you need help, it's not easy to figure out, especially if you never dealt with git before.

And it doesn't support the most convenient and reliable way of running non unicode applications, applocale  :(

While this sux, there is a lot good about it as well. Multiple monitor support is better, I like how notifications are handled, most features that annoyed me were easy to get rid off. Everything seems to be really stable and all of the software I need seems to work without issues (I tried win10 when it was in beta, most things seemed not to work so I went back to 8.1 after 20 mins).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9609 on: March 15, 2017, 09:09:16 AM »
I personally hate minimalistic win10 design. White borderless windows everywhere, as if it's not a pc screen but a stack of paper documents. And no aero on top of that.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9610 on: March 15, 2017, 09:21:40 AM »
I personally hate minimalistic win10 design. White borderless windows everywhere, as if it's not a pc screen but a stack of paper documents. And no aero on top of that.

Boarders are not too bad, thought that was theme related and I picked a cool one :)

It doesn't have polished feel win8.1 had (maybe due to SSD speed). Some thing happen too quickly, bounding box has some weird artifacts and etc. But all things considered, it's perfectly usable, gonna install something graphical soon and test that. Gotta clean up a bit afterwards (all the boxes/old stuff is just lying around, my old trusty q6600 needs to be shelved somewhere :D ) and I can start writing some code again. There is also some weird RAM drive that I never seen before, read about that a bit, some people suggest it's not a good idea so maybe I should get rid of that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9611 on: March 15, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »
I just donate my old pcs to anyone who's willing to take them, without hdds. Because the alternative is to store them on a shelf somewhere for years until they become completely useless and then just throw away when you need free space for something else  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9612 on: March 15, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »
It still doesn't need to lie around on the floor :D But you're obviously right, no idea why I keep old shit around, it's not even compatible with newer rigs so you can't use old parts for testing if something breaks down... I still have DDR/DDR2 memory sticks and old 100mb PCI LAN and soundblaster pci card from creative...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9613 on: March 15, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »
Let us know if you need help, it's not easy to figure out, especially if you never dealt with git before.

Oh i got the game running just fine. Get a bunch of script errors at some places though, dunno if thats how it is or if i did something wrong. xD

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9614 on: March 15, 2017, 10:06:04 AM »

Oh i got the game running just fine. Get a bunch of script errors at some places though, dunno if thats how it is or if i did something wrong. xD

There should be no errors... dev version runs without any obvious crashes.
Like what we're doing?