Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821500 times)

Offline Lurker

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9615 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »
There should be no errors... dev version runs without any obvious crashes.

No crashes. Just an error that seems to relate to girlpacks. (I only have 1 unique and 1 random installed) And 1 error in the Jail when i go to the cells. I'll try to install it again though see if that helps.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9616 on: March 15, 2017, 10:22:37 AM »
No crashes. Just an error that seems to relate to girlpacks. (I only have 1 unique and 1 random installed) And 1 error in the Jail when i go to the cells. I'll try to install it again though see if that helps.

Jail may be bugged. You should not have to install anything, just sync with git server and get renpy devkit.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9617 on: March 15, 2017, 10:28:37 AM »
Jail may be bugged. You should not have to install anything, just sync with git server and get renpy devkit.

Yeah im syncing again now. See how it works out. (Which is what i meant by installing it again, wrong choice of words  on my end. xD )

Edit:
This is the error I get when starting a new game. If i choose ignore i can just bypass it and it all works fine.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:33:52 AM by Lurker »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9618 on: March 15, 2017, 10:48:30 AM »
That is bad code for a number of reasons but you do not have any characters..? Otherwise, even under bad code, this should not occur. I'll see if this can be improved and if git is working on new os.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9619 on: March 15, 2017, 10:50:35 AM »
That is bad code for a number of reasons but you do not have any characters..? Otherwise, even under bad code, this should not occur. I'll see if this can be improved and if git is working on new os.

I downloaded some of Darks girls and made a chars and rchars folder and put them in the content folder. No girls show up in game though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9620 on: March 15, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »

I downloaded some of Darks girls and made a chars and rchars folder and put them in the content folder. No girls show up in game though.

You need their data files as well, packs and data files are separate from one another.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9621 on: March 15, 2017, 11:18:18 AM »
You need their data files as well, packs and data files are separate from one another.

The json files? Yeah i have those too.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:19:58 AM by Lurker »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9622 on: March 15, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »
No, it should be Pytfall\game\content\chars\Naruto. You can't just throw them into chars folder  :)

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9623 on: March 15, 2017, 11:25:32 AM »
No, it should be Pytfall\game\content\chars\Naruto. You can't just throw them into chars folder  :)

Right. I tried it with the naruto folder too. Do i need to drop the json files in the naruto folder aswell?
Got it. ^^
What about the random girls though? Do i dump the json in the image folder or what?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:27:31 AM by Lurker »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9624 on: March 15, 2017, 11:26:49 AM »

Right. I tried it with the naruto folder too. Do i need to drop the json files in the naruto folder aswell?

Yeap. I used to load from the main folder as well, we prolly disabled it for some reason. You should also have at least one random girl, preferably them all (it's just about 10 total I think).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9625 on: March 15, 2017, 11:28:48 AM »
Yeap. I used to load from the main folder as well, we prolly disabled it for some reason. You should also have at least one random girl, preferably them all (it's just about 10 total I think).
Only have 2 atm

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9626 on: March 15, 2017, 11:31:33 AM »
You also may want this file in Pytfall\game\library, it's our testing file which gives some characters from the very beginning for easier testing.

As for random chars, I keep them all in one folder, rchars\random. But it's not mandatory, they all could be in different folders.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9627 on: March 15, 2017, 11:37:38 AM »
You also may want this file in Pytfall\game\library, it's our testing file which gives some characters from the very beginning for easier testing.

As for random chars, I keep them all in one folder, rchars\random. But it's not mandatory, they all could be in different folders.

Putting them in a folder named "random" seems mandatory. Since they showed up when i added them there. :3

The testing file goes in the game folder im guessing?

Another question: Does the game add traits to girls at random or do i do that myself when making a pack? If so how do i go about it?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9628 on: March 15, 2017, 11:42:43 AM »
Oh boy... Pico improved main menu by showing special message if there are no chars and rchars folders.

But if these folders exist then the game doesn't show the message even if they are empty. Xela, you should improve it to show the message if the game doesn't see characters, no matter the folders.

The testing file goes in the game folder im guessing?
In Pytfall\game\library.

Does the game add traits to girls at random or do i do that myself when making a pack? If so how do i go about it?
Traits are located in jsons. Like
Code: [Select]
    "random_traits": [
    ["Long Legs", 20],
    ["Big Boobs", 40],
    ["Elegant", 10],
    ["Clumsy", 10],
    ["Virgin", 90],
    ["Tsundere", 50],
    ["Kuudere", 50],
    ["Yandere", 15],
    ["Frigid", 10],
    ["Lesbian", 15],
    ["Bisexual", 10],
    ["Human", 100]
    ],

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9629 on: March 15, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
Xela, you should improve it to show the message if the game doesn't see characters, no matter the folders.

Feels like more trouble than it's worth, we don't know if chars loaded or not at the main menu. Simpler may be preventing the game from loading if no chars have been found after player clicks on start...
Like what we're doing?