Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821745 times)

Offline Lurker

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9705 on: March 19, 2017, 03:27:28 AM »

LoL! No kidding about winging it :)

She usually figures sh!t out in the sources but she can fight... this is her exploration outfit and better battle stance:

xD
Yeah i saw that image too. She just looked so adult compared to the other images. But ill add that one instead. Then I'm probably done with Fairy Tail. The other characters have to few good images. If you really want I can still throw together some halfassed packs with some of the others.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:30:54 AM by Lurker »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9706 on: March 19, 2017, 03:31:41 AM »
xD
Yeah i saw that image too. She just looked so adult compared to the other images. But ill add that one instead. Then I'm probably done with Fairy Tail. The other characters have to few good images. If you really want I can still through together some halfassed packs with some of the others.

Do Lisanna as well even if it'll turn out half-assed. Wendy's combat sprite is also poor but I can update that myself when I need them after the beta. Other chars I can add as pure fighters without image base other than portraits, vnsprites and battle sprites.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9707 on: March 19, 2017, 03:36:03 AM »
Do Lisanna as well even if it'll turn out half-assed. Wendy's combat sprite is also poor but I can update that myself when I need them after the beta. Other chars I can add as pure fighters without image base other than portraits, vnsprites and battle sprites.

Alright.
Ah yeah i meant to find a replacement for wendys but forgot about it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9708 on: March 19, 2017, 05:39:46 AM »
I started to add npcs. We probably will need special json format for them, since they not necessarily have fixed classes, just like random characters.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9709 on: March 19, 2017, 05:48:23 AM »
I started to add npcs. We probably will need special json format for them, since they not necessarily have fixed classes, just like random characters.

We don't have special JSON for them? I though we did and it just needs to be updated with all the modern stuff... you can write JSON structure to load them yourself, I'll do the logic.

Another thing you can take care of is to come up with some way to get relative item worth. Like 0 - 100 where weak chars are expected to have items in range of 0 - 10 and best chars from 90 - 100 and etc. Should be based off core base traits I guess, price, other traits, some item fields? We need some way to dress chars up for the party (like all random chars start of with inventory being completely empty, especially weird for Arena Fighters and higher leveled chars but even low level once need some basic apparel).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:53:05 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9710 on: March 19, 2017, 07:35:02 AM »
Items effects methods have been merged into one single method. I believe that it preserves all logic and we worked out a number of obvious bugs as well. In either case, anything that cuts amount of lines in half and improves code clarity is prolly a good idea :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9711 on: March 19, 2017, 11:24:07 AM »
Which locations can i se a girl to meet the player at with the Meet girl" option? City, Beach, Forest? And can you set multiple locations?

Edit: Oh nevermind. Seems they show up everywhere as long as they are set to free.

Anyway here's Lisanna.
https://mega.nz/#!edBVQa4C!5Mf0w39ejX-pttxn-_YCVAUXMY87OzmC3talOnTVNLw

Let know me know if you need any other girls made.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:50:07 AM by Lurker »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9712 on: March 19, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »
Yes, they are. In order to make a character show only in specific location you need to specify this location name in json. Like "location": "hiddenvillage_entrance". Then they can be met there, and only there.

You need to know the internal location name to do it, meaning you have to open locations files. They are located in game\library\screens\locations. For example, in beach_cafe.json the very first line is "label city_beach_cafe", that's the location name.
So it will be "location": "city_beach_cafe" in character file if you want her to be there.

I'm not really sure what will happen if you specify more than one location, never tried it  :D

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9713 on: March 19, 2017, 12:56:50 PM »
Let know me know if you need any other girls made.
Do you think you can make a pack based on Ikkitousen?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9714 on: March 19, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »
Yes, they are. In order to make a character show only in specific location you need to specify this location name in json. Like "location": "hiddenvillage_entrance". Then they can be met there, and only there.

You need to know the internal location name to do it, meaning you have to open locations files. They are located in game\library\screens\locations. For example, in beach_cafe.json the very first line is "label city_beach_cafe", that's the location name.
So it will be "location": "city_beach_cafe" in character file if you want her to be there.

I'm not really sure what will happen if you specify more than one location, never tried it  :D

Right. Currently all of the fairy tail chicks are marked with City. But i had some show up at the beach.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9715 on: March 19, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
Do you think you can make a pack based on Ikkitousen?

Sure thing.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9716 on: March 19, 2017, 01:03:40 PM »
Right. Currently all of the fairy tail chicks are marked with City. But i had some show up at the beach.
If you don't specify location, the game selects it based on traits. For example, for beach cafe
Code: [Select]
$ gm.enter_location(goodtraits=["Athletic", "Dawdler", "Always Hungry"], badtraits=["Scars", "Undead", "Furry", "Monster"], curious_priority=False)Meaning chars with these goodtraits will like that place. But not chars with badtraits.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9717 on: March 19, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »
If you don't specify location, the game selects it based on traits. For example, for beach cafe
Code: [Select]
$ gm.enter_location(goodtraits=["Athletic", "Dawdler", "Always Hungry"], badtraits=["Scars", "Undead", "Furry", "Monster"], curious_priority=False)Meaning chars with these goodtraits will like that place. But not chars with badtraits.

Aaah. Thats pretty cool. :3

Another question: If i mark an image with just the outdoors tag without specifying (Urban, wilderness etc) Will the game choose that image at random in outdoor locations or do i need to specify?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:10:15 PM by Lurker »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9718 on: March 19, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
Yes, the game will use it as universal outdoors image. Pretty often you only can see sky and maybe clouds, but you can't tell anything else about location. It's a perfect example of generic outdoors picture.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9719 on: March 19, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
Yes, the game will use it as universal outdoors image. Pretty often you only can see sky and maybe clouds, but you can't tell anything else about location. It's a perfect example of generic outdoors picture.

Good good. Just making sure since ive tagged alot of images like that xD