devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619327 times)

Offline PinkPervert

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »

Told me that "so-and-so has died of her injuries, all the girls hate and fear you a little more now."

One girl was  pregnant, one was not, none of them were addicts.  All but the first girl were resting.  The one not resting was cleaning.  All but that first one I had literally JUST bought.

Hmm just bought, tells me it may be a problem in the default stats... if you happen to know which girl it was, look at her .girlx or rgirlsx file (whichever it is) and see if she has an entry for Health. If not, it may be defaulting stats to zero that do not have an entry in the file.(although there is code that is supposed to prevent this specifically for health).. I will look at my own too to see if I can duplicate that.

By any chance does the same girl always die?

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »
Ah, found it, that was the cause of the bug alright, there is a code that sets all default stats to zero on unique girls.. including health. Will be fixed for next patch. Will make sure it is not hitting other important stats in a similar way.

Offline dragonlord562

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
When you load up your game, any scenes you had in the studio appear to disappear. Not sure if this is due to them not saving properly, or if its not loading. Haven't made a full movie yet, so haven't had a chance to explore too much into it, but I lost 5-6 scenes I think.

Edit: Correction, it appears it's not upon loading the game, but merely, upon restarting the WM.exe that it loses the scenes.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:40:28 PM by dragonlord562 »

Offline dpman03

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 02:16:41 AM »
I've been playing the .05e update, and I noticed a problem.  My save game was loading, but it would crash when trying to go to the next week.  I tried a new game and didn't have the problem.  After some trial and error comparisons between the save files, I figured out what was causing it.

The old game was using this:
Code: [Select]
    <House_Manager>
        <Houses />
    </House_Manager>

The new, working game was using this:
    <House_Manager>
        <Houses>
            <House Name="House" id="0" NumRooms="20" Filthiness="0" SecurityLevel="0">
                <Girls />
            </House>
        </Houses>
    </House_Manager>

I have no idea how to replicate what happened, but copying those lines from the new file to the old one fixed it.  I hope this gives you enough to go on.

Offline crazy

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 03:13:58 AM »
I've been playing the .05e update, and I noticed a problem.  My save game was loading, but it would crash when trying to go to the next week.  I tried a new game and didn't have the problem.  After some trial and error comparisons between the save files, I figured out what was causing it.

The old game was using this:
    <House_Manager>
        <Houses />
    </House_Manager>

The new, working game was using this:
    <House_Manager>
        <Houses>
            <House Name="House" id="0" NumRooms="20" Filthiness="0" SecurityLevel="0">
                <Girls />
            </House>
        </Houses>
    </House_Manager>

I have no idea how to replicate what happened, but copying those lines from the new file to the old one fixed it.  I hope this gives you enough to go on.
It's cause I added the house as an actually place...  Never tested it on an existing save only new save I knew people would need a new save to use the house didn't know it would break old saves lol.  By the time .06 is out people would be better off with new saves anyway.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »
When you load up your game, any scenes you had in the studio appear to disappear. Not sure if this is due to them not saving properly, or if its not loading. Haven't made a full movie yet, so haven't had a chance to explore too much into it, but I lost 5-6 scenes I think.

Edit: Correction, it appears it's not upon loading the game, but merely, upon restarting the WM.exe that it loses the scenes.

Hmm just took a very brief glance, and it seems to be saving very minimal info about the studio.. I'm not even sure if it is saving the movies to be honest.
I will have to look at this later, since I can't test it at the moment.

Offline alfalfa140

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 03:22:00 AM »
I've come across a slight problem where girls recruited from the arena tryouts disappear since the current brothel is full. The game says that the girl was added to the brothel, but she doesn't show up there or in the dungeon.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that the arena doesn't add the girl even if there is room.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:55:06 AM by alfalfa140 »
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Offline darkvahl

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
I've come across a slight problem where girls recruited from the arena tryouts disappear since the current brothel is full. The game says that the girl was added to the brothel, but she doesn't show up there or in the dungeon.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that the arena doesn't add the girl even if there is room.

Have you check inside the arena? If you use arena tryout they will straight go into arena. It is the same for other new building.

Offline alfalfa140

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 12:55:00 AM »
Thanks darkvahl.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »
anyone having issues with studio, crashes for me
Gamo

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »
anyone having issues with studio, crashes for me
There was an issue with the Titty movie causing crashes, which is reported fixed for the next release. Hopefully it won't be too long, I have been doing a rework of the Arena, which has been harder than most the other things I have done on this project so far, but I am aiming to have it done within 2 weeks.

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2012, 12:00:06 AM »
sounds good thank you, didnt notice it when i was looking for the reported bug must of missed it.
Gamo

Offline KageRyu

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »
So, I used an item to get rid of the "aggressive" trait from a girl and she still beats up customers. Please fix this.

Offline crazy

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 11:47:45 PM »
So, I used an item to get rid of the "aggressive" trait from a girl and she still beats up customers. Please fix this.
A few other traits make girls beat customers up. So maker sure she doesn't have them also.

Offline Parlarkey

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »
Yandere or Tsundere also cause this, I've seen a lot more beatings with one of those (not sure which) than with Aggressive to be honest.