Author Topic: <-- Archived -->  (Read 112611 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Precisely, but not exclusively.
For example, I thought about girls with Kleptomaniac trait. Chance of stealing probably should be based on luck and maybe agility, but on reputation as well: the more reputation, the greater the chance that she will be recognized as thief, and there will be no checks for luck and agility at all (no punishment as well). So we could use items temporarily lowering reputation for such characters.

Same for girls with Assassin trait, since we eventually could use them for assassinations of competitors or some other npcs, or even mobs.

I fail to see what Assassin trait and Kleptomaniac trait have to do with body modifications. We're talking about different things here.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Yup, that's two different questions.
First is should I create equipping items that change body, like add great figure or increase breast size. The thing is, there are such items in wm, but all of them are permanent. However, since items I talk about are not permanent, this can be explained with illusions, for example.
Second is idea with items lowering reputation for shady characters.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Yup, that's two different questions.
First is should I create equipping items that change body, like add great figure or increase breast size. The thing is, there are such items in wm, but all of them are permanent. However, since items I talk about are not permanent, this can be explained with illusions, for example.
Second is idea with items lowering reputation for shady characters.

I still feel like these kinds of items should be event driven, not the other way around.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Very well.
What happens if equippable item removes temporary trait? Will it come back after unequipping with fully charged timer?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Very well.
What happens if equippable item removes temporary trait? Will it come back after unequipping with fully charged timer?

Don't think so. Should simply disappear... I recall suggesting that consumables and misc along handle temp traits. Equipable items and temp sh!t doesn't mix in my head...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Hm, I thought all problems with traits were left behind after you added that multilayered trait system. Ok, I will refrain from it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Hm, I thought all problems with traits were left behind after you added that multilayered trait system. Ok, I will refrain from it.

It should not mess up the game and counter is likely to work as intended due to that multilayered system. My point was that an equipable item that adds or removes temporary traits is not a good concept in itself.

In any case, all items should be tested, next week I am planning to move all of our development on a separate branch of this forum, reorganize it, write some general goals for development so everyone knows where we're heading, refactor jobs and add new windows for girls profile and next day screen to facilitate testing. It will be easier to figure out what works and what isn't then.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Well, I thought about item that could temporarily hide scars (since potions removing them are relatively expensive and rare), but if it will remove them completely, it does not make sense.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Well, I thought about item that could temporarily hide scars (since potions removing them are relatively expensive and rare), but if it will remove them completely, it does not make sense.

Makes sense I suppose, still it might be simpler to create a consumable like make up powder that temporary hide scars, In any case, to answer your original question, I think that scars if those are temporary trait, should return with a reset counter after item is unequipped.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

And amulet slot is done. 20 items, just like for ring slot. I'll probably have to increase number of rings eventually, since we have three times more slots for them.
Next one is feet.