devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master Editor 0.7.1  (Read 206299 times)

Offline fires_flair

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.66
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2010, 10:24:56 PM »
I just had an error when creating an item. I had the original editor, then updated it using the first link in the OP. I had one other item in the list, had created it, updated it, then started a new item which caused it to crash when I went to save  the new item. here's the details just in case you guys haven't had it happen before.
Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at WM_Girls_Generator.Form1.listBox_ItemsList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedItem(Object value)
   at WM_Girls_Generator.Form1.SortDataTable(DataTable& dt, ListBox& lb, String Name)
   at WM_Girls_Generator.Form1.button12_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WMEdit
    Assembly Version: 0.6.5.0
    Win32 Version: 0.6.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Tracy%20Neisner/Desktop/carole's%20stuff/stories/stories%20not%20by%20me/stories%20not%20by%20me/Whore%20Master%201.29.4.6%20Beta/Docs%26Tools/Character%20%26%20Item%20Editor/WMEdit.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.21022.8 built by: RTM
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2010, 12:03:43 PM »
Error basically says that some string that should have been converted to integer was not in correct format, i.e. it wasn't a number. What would have helped is to know exactly what values were in that item, i.e. to see if this error can be replicated.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:18 AM »
This should be stickied in my opinion. It's a tool I certainly wouldn't want to be without.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:43 AM »
That could be done, but since the effects of traits are (currently) hardcoded into the game, any time a change is made in the game's code for traits, the code for the editor would have to be updated to fit.  Some day in the future, if and when traits get defined in XML, the editor could easily support such a system, but until then I think it's best to leave it out.
for the traits that change stats, don't they all change them at a static/nonchanging amount? if that is so could we not just create a separate task that adds it to the skill/characteristic thing (assuming we know the amount). the only time that would have to be updated would be if they changed the amount.
though I could be completely wrong, in how I think the traits work.
and I agree withMehzerz this topic should be sticked.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2010, 05:20:38 AM »
I agree withMehzerz this topic should be sticked.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2010, 08:15:01 AM »
for the traits that change stats, don't they all change them at a static/nonchanging amount? if that is so could we not just create a separate task that adds it to the skill/characteristic thing (assuming we know the amount). the only time that would have to be updated would be if they changed the amount.
though I could be completely wrong, in how I think the traits work.
and I agree withMehzerz this topic should be sticked.

Currently traits are hardcoded in the game and there's TXT list of traits and their description. Editor loads that txt file to get list of traits and descriptions. For it to be able to show what changes would be they would also need to be hardcoded in the editor itself. Why I chose this way instead of hardcoding them in first place is that if new traits were added it wouldn't affect the editor, it would simply load new traits.traits file and new traits would be on the list.

About the suggestion to integrate the editor with the game, yes and no. Of course, game could have the editor integrated in it, but not this editor. This was written in C#, game is written in C++, plus editor uses .net framework, the game doesn't. Game version of editor would need to be written from scratch.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
Well, seeing as how the PC doesn't get to design his girls from the ground up in the game, there's no pressing need to have an integrated editor. Better to keep them separate then. Both pieces of software will be easier to maintain that way.

Which isn't to say I couldn't find uses for in-game editing functions, mind. But even then, I think I'd prefer have access to the interface, rather than a full-on editor. Girl creation is outside the scope of the game, so girl editing should be outside the main program.

All IMHO, obviously.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2010, 10:40:57 PM »
Integrating the editor makes no sense.  Even if they were coded in the same language, integration would add tons of potential conflicts and bugs for no perceptible benefit.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.68
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 12:46:07 AM »
Can't save even when i change nothing it says,
"Filter string you provided is not valid. The filter string must contain a description of the filter, followed by the vertical bar(|) and the filter pattern. The strings for different filtering options must be separated by the vertical bar."
What can i do to change this and allow me to save using this program.
Can change random girls but can't change/add to the unique ones.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:48:03 AM by megamanx »
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
Bah, stupid error. I removed one string more from save filter than what I was supposed to when I removed old file formats save support. Version 0.68b should work fine.

Offline sgb

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2010, 09:10:41 PM »
Just a suggestion for whenever you do another update; improve some of the tool tips now that we have a clear idea what most of the stats do.
A few stats that could be changed from 'I don't know what they do' or 'should be 0':

-Fame affects 'number of customers that are interested in her' and improves advertising success.  You can set the initial value higher than 0 will no problems in-game.  Goes from 0 to 100.
-Levels have small improvements on stats, and experience is obviously the amount needed for the next level up with I believe 255 needed for a levelup.  Experience also counts towards girls getting the 'her inexperience hurt her' message during whoring summary reports.  Even if a girl has 100s in all sex stats, if she has 0 experience she will get the 'her inexperience hurt her' message.  You can set both above 0 without causing problems, though there isn't any real point to setting a level above 0.
-Askprice is auto-calculated by the game IFAIK, so this ideally shouldn't even be an editable option as there's no point.
-With Obedience more definitely = less rebelliousness.
-Spirit is clearly related to rebelliousness calculations with more spirit = more rebelliousness.
-Fear, hate and love can all be set above 0 without issues, though it doesn't make much sense to do so unless you have a meetgirl script explaining why that character already hates/loves the PC.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2010, 01:22:31 AM »
I agree with sgb here. I had no idea that traits offered such a significant boost in stats. A description of what they alter instead of a very vague (+ looks) ect. would be a welcomed edition to the editor.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2010, 03:28:58 AM »
Well, a trait overhaul is coming. Once I finish off the basic lua functions, XML traits and lua triggers is the next thing on the list.

Hopefully I'll get some coding time next week. Things have been kind of busy lately...

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2010, 02:59:43 PM »
An overhaul you say? Hrm.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
An overhaul you say? Hrm.

Yeah, yeah. Probably use a syntax like this:

Code: [Select]
<traits>
 <trait name="foo">
  <handler name="on gain">
    -- lua code to do stuff
  </handler>
  <handler name="on loss">
      -- lua code to undo stuff
    </handler>
 </trait>
</traits>

It'll allow for user defined traits, and we can add other trait based events as things progress.  I think I'll probably not have traits affecting stats by default.