devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master Editor 0.8.32  (Read 122299 times)

Torres and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline xeroneche

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.14
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »
Ive tried reinstalling the .net 4.0 versions several time but it still wont work just goes straight to the windows is trying to solve the problem pop up. Also i should mention none of the old versions work for me either.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:22:34 PM by xeroneche »

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 11:19:23 AM »
here is my modification to the editor

everything is the same except for added a way to load all .girlsx and .girls files in one click

Updated again but sent it to aevojoey so he can check it.
made it so you can load all girls, random girls, or items with one click,
if you want i can make it so it will auto load them at start up
Will Be Rebuilding it for myself to make it easier to modify for myself,
instead of 4k lines of code in 1 files

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:52:48 PM by MuteDay »
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 05:33:45 AM »
I tried editing some Lace Lingerie, and the editor crashed.  :'(

Turns out, that deleting the "Footjob" skill from the itemsx file fixed it. Further investigation revealed that the "Footjob" skill isn't in the dropdown for skills on the items tab either (I checked that for spelling, incase it was supposed to be FootJob instead of Footjob), so it's possibly undefined?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 01:23:58 PM »
I tried editing some Lace Lingerie, and the editor crashed.  :'(

Turns out, that deleting the "Footjob" skill from the itemsx file fixed it. Further investigation revealed that the "Footjob" skill isn't in the dropdown for skills on the items tab either (I checked that for spelling, incase it was supposed to be FootJob instead of Footjob), so it's possibly undefined?
Sorry the editor has not been updated in a while.
I will try to get to it as soon as I can but I can't promise fast return on this.
I have a lot of things that need to be added to the editor but not much time to work on it.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 05:48:41 AM »
Sorry the editor has not been updated in a while.
I will try to get to it as soon as I can but I can't promise fast return on this.
I have a lot of things that need to be added to the editor but not much time to work on it.
Oh, no hurry, now I know about the problem, I can workaround and do it in old fashioned notepad. If I wasn't using a 64-bit system, I could even do it in DOS-edit.  :D
I just figured the game could use a huge inventory update. I love all the girlpacks here, but don't really have the collection of anime/manga/hentai to make my own. But the selection of items we can equip our girls with starts to bleak in comparison.

Ideally, I'd like to end up with a collection large enough to allow for:
-A "standard" shop in Crossgate with a more or less fixed infinite inventory of basic common items. The bare minimums you'd quickly equip your low-profile girls with.
-An "imports" store in Crossgate with an everchanging selection of rare and uncommon items. Occasionally, it might also have some items from the "standard" shop at a lower price in infinite supply.
-The selection of items that's already defined as dropping from the catacombs only.

So, in time, I'd like to see the store split in two seperate stores. One with all the items defined as common and having them always available, the other with a random selection of the items defined as occasionally available. Splitting up the store itself is a different matter. Maybe I'll try to figure that part out myself sometime (and the whole scripting involved), or maybe you can figure out a way to do that.

But for now, I'm just keeping myself amused with making items and maybe rebalancing some existing items. Some common items seem extremely powerful, while some of the rare ones seem extremely "meh". When most of my girls wear Wool Slippers, then that means to me that most other shoes are simply bad, and/or too rare. So I'm trying to create options. Maybe I'll even think up some system or equation for item budgetting, that allows me to quickly assign an item to some sensible rarity category, based on its positive/negative stat/skill/trait allocation.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 06:07:18 AM »
Oh, no hurry, now I know about the problem, I can workaround and do it in old fashioned notepad. If I wasn't using a 64-bit system, I could even do it in DOS-edit.  :D
Use Notepad++, it is the best text editor I have found.

-A "standard" shop in Crossgate with a more or less fixed infinite inventory of basic common items. The bare minimums you'd quickly equip your low-profile girls with.
-An "imports" store in Crossgate with an everchanging selection of rare and uncommon items. Occasionally, it might also have some items from the "standard" shop at a lower price in infinite supply.
-The selection of items that's already defined as dropping from the catacombs only.

So, in time, I'd like to see the store split in two seperate stores. One with all the items defined as common and having them always available, the other with a random selection of the items defined as occasionally available. Splitting up the store itself is a different matter. Maybe I'll try to figure that part out myself sometime (and the whole scripting involved), or maybe you can figure out a way to do that.
Multiple shops have been discussed before but the limited number of items has been a bit of a nonstarter for that.
I would like at least 30 common items for each of these shops as well as a few dozen rarer items for each.
Weapons and Armor for a Smithy.
Clothes for a Tailor.
Potions, Drugs and Herbs for an Apothecary.
Food and Drinks for a Market.
Animals and Beasts for a Pet Shop.
Necklaces, Rings, Bracelets for a Jewelery shop.
Various Magical Items for a Magic shop.

Having an infinite number for everything could cause problems.
Instead, each item can have a random amount that has been produced to be available for purchase.

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 08:01:13 AM »
Use Notepad++, it is the best text editor I have found.

Multiple shops have been discussed before but the limited number of items has been a bit of a nonstarter for that.
I would like at least 30 common items for each of these shops as well as a few dozen rarer items for each.
Weapons and Armor for a Smithy.
Clothes for a Tailor.
Potions, Drugs and Herbs for an Apothecary.
Food and Drinks for a Market.
Animals and Beasts for a Pet Shop.
Necklaces, Rings, Bracelets for a Jewelery shop.
Various Magical Items for a Magic shop.

Having an infinite number for everything could cause problems.
Instead, each item can have a random amount that has been produced to be available for purchase.
That'd be pretty awesome, a bit more like Pytfall so to speak. But, it's also quite a few more steps beyond the current capabilities of the system. Still, I'd love to see it sometime.
For now, I'll just try to think up new and moar items. I only made four so far, but whenever some idea hits me, I make notes. I'll make a thread next, listing what I have, and where people can post more suggestions. Though I will try to keep things balanced and fun, so stuff might end up better or worse than they suggest. At least, it'll take some work off your plate.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.15
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 02:27:55 PM »
Finally after 4 months, the new version of the editor is up.

All the stats, skills, traits, statuses and game configs should be up to date with WM.06.00.29.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
It seems to have problems with making random girls. It just wont create and rgirlsx file for me.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2015, 06:05:21 PM »
It seems to have problems with making random girls. It just wont create and rgirlsx file for me.
Fixed it.
There was 1 spot where I missed adding the new stats to.

Offline Jacko

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.16
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »
Hi,

I downloaded the new editor, and the same problem with not saving is still happening. The WE Editor says 8.15 when you launch it (on the title bar of the editor), even though the icon say WE 8.16. I redownloaded to see if I had the right version, and apparently I do. Anyone else having problems with 8.16?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 02:39:52 PM »
8.16 works just fine for me with both Normal and random girls.

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 06:04:28 PM »
Hi,

I downloaded the new editor, and the same problem with not saving is still happening. The WE Editor says 8.15 when you launch it (on the title bar of the editor), even though the icon say WE 8.16. I redownloaded to see if I had the right version, and apparently I do. Anyone else having problems with 8.16?
Where did you put your Whoremaster folder? If it's somewhere within some system folder, like, Program Files, there might be some permission problem going on. At least, I've had that happen a few times, which is why I put games (and other programs) that don't have proper installers somewhere in a seperate section from the root of my hard disk.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 01:25:33 PM »
Where did you put your Whoremaster folder? If it's somewhere within some system folder, like, Program Files, there might be some permission problem going on. At least, I've had that happen a few times, which is why I put games (and other programs) that don't have proper installers somewhere in a seperate section from the root of my hard disk.

It's on the desktop. I'm using XP atm and problems like this only happened in Vista. I tried saving to different folders (Desktop, My Documents), but it won't save a new file, it just creates a backup. Maybe the new file is hidden? I guess I'll check that.

EDIT: System is showing hidden files. My Firewall is off. AVG is off. I downloaded and tried the file from both links. For some reason my computer does just not want to save the file. Verified it's only happening with Random Girls, Girls save just fine. I'm at a loss.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:40:43 PM by Jacko »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

It's on the desktop. I'm using XP atm and problems like this only happened in Vista. I tried saving to different folders (Desktop, My Documents), but it won't save a new file, it just creates a backup. Maybe the new file is hidden? I guess I'll check that. Other than that, I'm at a loss.
I'm adding in a bunch of error checkers into WME.0.8.17 so if you still have problems at least there will be something telling you why.
Check the Extras tab and look where the error message tells you.
It will not catch 100% of the problems but it should help you narrow down why it is not working.