Author Topic: Girls with Jobs  (Read 7281 times)

Offline Abtakha

Girls with Jobs
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »
Anyone else here tend to put certain girls to certain jobs based (for me at least) off of how they see the girl's personality? For example I tend to put Yuka Kazami from the touhou pack on torture, or dungeon diving, as the thought of her being a barmaid or a stripper/whore just doesn't seem to 'work' ...if that makes sense.
There will be exceptions to everything I say, without exception

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
Re: Girls with Jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 06:09:27 PM »
yeah for me the girls like super girl and the other near unkillable ones do dungeon dives everyone else security,matron, and whoring themselves out
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline ShadowMage

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:40:38 PM »
I do the same  :)

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:05:34 AM »
Well the point of the character's stats are to encourage appropriate use.  However I find that when using the hundreds out there it's hard not to just put them where needed.  Like incorporeal matrons who minimize overwatch. 

Also someone uses my pack, hooray!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:24:41 AM by Bluebeholder »

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 11:28:56 AM »
Hey theres LOTS of girls in there, suited to more jobs than just whoring a dungeon diving - not to mention its not just one big pack, which my connection doesn't like.....(grumbles about several hundred meg .rar files sucking :'( ) the bulk of my gamedealers, barmaids, and cleaners come out of those packs ;)

(edit) Think of someone like Tewi doing your advertising and tell me that it doesn't make you smile, or Yuugi working as a barmaid....Shikieiki being a Matron? that's potential comedy gold there in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:33:30 PM by Abtakha »

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 03:11:23 AM »
.... for some reason when I saw the topic heading "girls with jobs" I was thinking back to south park "Get back in the kitchen and make me some pie"..... its a sexist comment I know but I find it amusing even if I disagree with it..... although I do love pie.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »
Think of someone like Tewi doing your advertising and tell me that it doesn't make you smile...

I'm not sure I'd trust Tewi to advertise, somehow I see her making promises that Reisen would not want to keep. 

I see your point hopefully when scripting comes out there will be ways to make it even more advantageous to put characters in thematic jobs. Like I'd really like to see natural stat caps on characters (that equipment can push up further)  so they all don't end up having 100% down the line.

Edit:
....   for some reason when I saw the topic heading "girls with jobs" I was   thinking back to south park "Get back in the kitchen and make me some   pie"..... its a sexist comment I know but I find it amusing even if I   disagree with it..... although I do love pie.

As far as I can tell girls do most of the work in Crossgate; It's progressive that way.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:51:36 PM by Bluebeholder »

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 11:47:32 PM »
I was actually curious about how others see the different girls as much as giving ideas, if there's one thing getting into touhou, and this, has shown me, people see different characters different ways, as for Tewi in advertising, youd just have to convince her it would be fun and/or interesting I'd think (comments like that are also what I was fishing for, if fishing is the right term)

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »
Abtakha if your interested in different interpretations of Touhou I'd recommend the wiki and TV tropes and even that even has it's own alternate version. 

Personally I'm a fan of the creepier interpretations of Touhou.  Essentially my take is Gensoko should be a hostile place where humans are huddled in a village protected by a few guardians who can only keep up with the yokai due to the yokai's willingness to limit themselves to spellcard rules.  However some like Lilly White and the faeries have fandom take them so far toward cute and innocent that I feel bad having them in WM at all.

Hmm, maybe I played too much Ravenloft when I was younger, it sounds a lot like Barovia.

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »
Tv tropes, and then the wiki were how i got into Touhou in the first place ;D
I was more pooling for ideas on how they - and other characters - seemed to fit into the WM world, or how others saw them fitting into the world. - sort of a users creativity pool type thing?
bah, grew up speaking american english, but the more I learn the harder time i have finding the words i want :(

(edit) Alright, let me try phrasing it this way, a lot of times in games like this, I try to play the type of person who would probably be labeled lawful good in d&d, not necessarily a paladin type personality, but a good, decent person trying to do the best hes got with what hes got, I actually like finding girls like Lily White, someone who by all sanity really shouldn't be here, it lets me be the person that pulls her off the street and gives her a home, give her a job (cleaning in this case with frequent rests -darn fragile stat-) and lets her be safe from the world that would otherwise do bad BAD things to her.
Sometimes however, usually after a bad day, I feel like being more sadistic, something I'm really not very good at, so I talk to others who have more tendencies in that direction, where would THEY put poor Lily? What would the villain do with Felicia or Chiyo? To me, Yuyuko makes an exelent matron, someone else might see a better dungeon diver.
This was for sharing ideas like that...that make sense?
(edit x2) Yes I'm well aware of the strangeness of trying to be the hero in a game like this, yes, I'm weird, and I like being that way. :D
(edit x3) Thinking about Lily, her being the fairy of spring...yeah how did they enslave her anyways? that part make little sense, but if they can enslave someone like Morrigan from darkstalkers...or yukari even? lol, suspension of disbelief, I'll accept a lot of it /shrugs
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:53:56 PM by Abtakha »

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 01:52:26 PM »
So, are you interested in the societal structure or how the individuals fit into the greater picture?

Since I suspect the latter this sounds like a blurb story writing challenge.

eg
Tokiko: The "Crested Ibis"; minor yokai.

She was badly injured when robbed and then again in a futile attempt to get her stolen books back.  She was soundly defeated and knocked into unconsciousness.  When she woke up she was lying in the middle of the street in Crossgate the MC looming over her.  Since that time she has worked for the MC as a menial servant making sure BROTHEL1 is spic and span.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »
Little of both probably, I like story telling, and a good story stands on a lot of legs, how the individuals work into the greater picture is pretty meaningless if you don't have an understanding of the social structure they're trying to fit into.
....probably tho I was wondering more how others played the game, and how they used each girl? I'm not sure anymore, gotten sidetracked into to many directions probably ::)
the games open enough to support a lot of theories on the exact social structure involved, which opens it to more ways to tell the story...if that makes sense
(edit) to another extent, I'm curious about how YOU all see the girls, rather than how the girls are 'generally seen'...again, if that makes sense
(final edit -redone-) remembered what I was trying to say to begin with. there are a lot of girls that don't necessarily have obvious jobs - putting Lily White on cleaning is one thing (and makes a fairly decent pun while you're at it), but I wouldn't want Cirno doing my cleaning, nor would she really make that great of a dungeon diver... or much else imo, so this was sort of a pool for ideas on such odd job girls....back to Tewi, where would YOU put her?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:33:11 PM by Abtakha »

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 07:54:13 AM »
Ok, I'm a player who just uses 1 brothel with mostly whores and dungeon divers so it depends on if I need something specific when she shows up.  Not the best answer I know.

For RP I think you have the best characterization of Tewi.

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »
That's what I thought, but heaven and hell both know I've misinterpreted characters before :D
I usually try to sort it somewhat by the social class level of each brothel, but as I've yet to get the third brothel that's kind of a loose interpretation (does the game end? I get bored and restart to much :D )

(edit) found this while searching for images for some custom girls - remembered discussing Tewi doing advertising (she's advertising for a burger shop or something in this pic) - laughed and thought I'd share it. The image is cropped for size.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:35:12 PM by Abtakha »