devolution

Author Topic: WM Stopping?  (Read 18372 times)

Offline hot888

Re: WM Stopping?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 06:03:30 PM »
I have only recently found this game and I am enjoying it.  Thank you for the work you have been doing to make this a great game.

On that thought I was wanting to do a donation but don't see a donation button anywhere.  Is there a particular place to do a donation?

Source code:  I have done some scripting to repair issues with past games.  (Usually multiplayer pc games)  Can you recommend what programs you use to edit and compile code for this game so I may try to contribute?  I have tried a few different methods and just want to know what you think is the best one to use.  Also where is the code for the latest releases?  The code I was able to view was for an older version.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 06:16:01 PM »
I have only recently found this game and I am enjoying it.  Thank you for the work you have been doing to make this a great game.

On that thought I was wanting to do a donation but don't see a donation button anywhere.  Is there a particular place to do a donation?

There isn't a team donation button. We don't have much of a formal identity, really. Necno has a tip jar though - there's a link in his sig.

Source code:  I have done some scripting to repair issues with past games.  (Usually multiplayer pc games)  Can you recommend what programs you use to edit and compile code for this game so I may try to contribute?  I have tried a few different methods and just want to know what you think is the best one to use. 

Well, I work on Linux and use Vi, GCC, and Make. Most everyone else is on windows and uses visual studio. I think the solution file will be for VS2010 now.

Best is probably kind of subjective, but visual studio seems to be the popular choice. I do have a setup for building using MinGW and GCC on windows, but it's a lot of fuss, really.

Also where is the code for the latest releases?  The code I was able to view was for an older version.

You can checkout the latest release using subversion. Tortoise SVN recommended if you're on windows. The urls are here

Offline redle

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
OK, version 1.30.4 r593 is released:
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=417.msg11504#msg11504

fyi, seems that one of the C redistributable files is missing from the beta build.
MSVCR100.dll

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
From the first post in the download topic:
If you get the error message "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem", then you need to download and install the VC++2010 redistributable package.

I should probably try to make that clearer, and I'm not sure that's even the error message you get now with VC++ 2010.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:30:52 PM by Dagoth »

Offline redle

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 11:33:33 PM »
From the first post in the download topic:
I should probably try to make that clearer, and I'm not sure that's even the error message you get now with VC++ 2010.

My bad for commenting on the already discussed 'problem'.  I had read that before, and was planning on solving the issue myself anyway, but I hadn't run into the error with the previous builds and didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize it was the same issue.  I was just thinking it was a redistributable dll that accidentally slipped through a crack in the build inclusions.

As for the specific error message, mine called out the missing dll by name and said it couldn't be found.

Offline Samu

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »
My bad for commenting on the already discussed 'problem'.  I had read that before, and was planning on solving the issue myself anyway, but I hadn't run into the error with the previous builds and didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize it was the same issue.  I was just thinking it was a redistributable dll that accidentally slipped through a crack in the build inclusions.

As for the specific error message, mine called out the missing dll by name and said it couldn't be found.

lol mine was that I was missing aspecific metod on that dll. Fixed it by reinstalling/upgrading to VC++ 2010 redistributable package (i think i had a previous version of the same package, hence the diference in the error message).

Offline hot888

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 11:33:52 AM »
Sorry for the delayed reply.  Unfortunately after I posted earlier there was a car accident and I have been dealing with that. 

Thank you DocClox for answering my post and I did see that svn before but I got errors that stopped the build.  If that is the current files for the most recent build then my vs2010 is the problem.  May just setup a Linux tonight so I can try that.  Now I may have to try and remember the commands from my old dos and Unix days.  LOL

I do hope I can lend a hand with this and may be simple things such as what one post said earlier "Putting number of interactions limit in config".
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:39:58 AM by hot888 »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 12:09:22 PM »
Sorry for the delayed reply.  Unfortunately after I posted earlier there was a car accident and I have been dealing with that. 

Yeah, Real Life happens. I appreciate that :)

Thank you DocClox for answering my post and I did see that svn before but I got errors that stopped the build.  If that is the current files for the most recent build then my vs2010 is the problem.  May just setup a Linux tonight so I can try that.  Now I may have to try and remember the commands from my old dos and Unix days.  LOL

OK. Not every check-in to svn compiles clean. I'm probably the worst offender, since I tend to use svn as a way to transfer files between laptop and desktop. Revision 598 should build, since that's the one I'm running

I do hope I can lend a hand with this and may be simple things such as what one post said earlier "Putting number of interactions limit in config".

By all means. There's a lot of stuff like that, stuff that never occurred to me when I was setting the config up that wouldn't take too much to do. Someone was talking about configuring the starting size of the brothels, for instance. Or the cost of adding rooms...