Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025078 times)

Offline Chacal66

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1665 on: December 19, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »
Hello,

I was toying around with traits and fetishes and some don't seem to match or trigger.

Here are the ones I tested
Format : Trait > Fetish

Short : does not grant Short (dwarf does though)
Tall : does not grant Tall (Giant does)
Elf : does not grant Not-human
Dwarf : does not grant Not-human

I might have missed a few but it seems species traits do not grant the Not-human fetish, with the exception of Demon.

About traits, do you think it will be possible to make them editable without tinkering with code ?
I am guessing players will not all agree on what traits should do, their stats mods and so on.
so being able to edit them would help with that.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1666 on: December 19, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »
Short : does not grant Short (dwarf does though)
Tall : does not grant Tall (Giant does)
Elf : does not grant Not-human
Dwarf : does not grant Not-human
These are new so have not been fully implemented.

I might have missed a few but it seems species traits do not grant the Not-human fetish, with the exception of Demon.
If you want to adjust them, attach the changes and I will get them in.

About traits, do you think it will be possible to make them editable without tinkering with code ?
I am guessing players will not all agree on what traits should do, their stats mods and so on.
so being able to edit them would help with that.
I started working on that but other things took me away from it.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline asmox

« Reply #1667 on: December 19, 2017, 11:55:58 PM »
Do gameplay guides or faqs exist for this game?

I've been scouring the Internet for any kind of mechanics guide for any flavor of WM (vanilla or any of the major modded versions) and have come up with almost nothing aside from modding tutorials. I was actually surprised at how little I found for how active the community seems to be. The wiki is very lackluster as well.

Is something like this out there? It doesn't necessarily have to be for Crazy's mod specifically - just something of a foundation regarding how various WM mechanics and interactions work. Perhaps a bit of direction for the very early game.

Thanks.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1668 on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
Do gameplay guides or faqs exist for this game?
I've been scouring the Internet for any kind of mechanics guide for any flavor of WM (vanilla or any of the major modded versions) and have come up with almost nothing aside from modding tutorials. I was actually surprised at how little I found for how active the community seems to be. The wiki is very lackluster as well.
Is something like this out there? It doesn't necessarily have to be for Crazy's mod specifically - just something of a foundation regarding how various WM mechanics and interactions work. Perhaps a bit of direction for the very early game.
I made a thread a while back Some of the basic concepts and variables in Crazy's Mod (its linked to on the main download post)
It is not really a game play guide but it has some information on what some things are/do.
It is not finished but should help a little.

If there is anything specific you want to know, just ask.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Atllus

« Reply #1669 on: December 23, 2017, 06:53:16 PM »
aevojoey, added some minor stuff in cpp files. Is the text good? or should i stop. Also is it posible to call random names of girls who are your slaves?, this is for let's say making TargetGirl friends with npcX, is not necesary to make the other npc recognize the relationship, just get the name and add to the text, similar to "<< girlName <<"

Now 2 general questions:
For the Script editor, is it posible to put an "if" that decide witch pic to use?, like x event happens and the condicion yes lead to sex, while no just stop at ecchi scene. 

Last, any help on how to lower the blue square position to one like a VN, because i made a cheat option with long text, replacing the "you give money" for "you molest her", the alteration give high +love -tireness and 8-15k gold (yes i like easy games).

a selfish request here:
 https://mega.nz/#!VvgHRarK!tTQM_2HVofrQf3aC7e1isOBa3g4P-pL6XbDPy6bFwvs
 this file contain the image carpet showing the buildings images, and a .txt, my petition is to create an alternative exe containing the description of the txt for the building along with the changed text y proposed in .cpp files if possible. The messages written in the file were planned to show below the “this building cost xxxx gold  need xxx  purshare y/n” message, filling the empty space.
Due to certain program I have, I can’t install visual 2013 to compile the exe myself so I have to ask help here.

Happy christmas and new year.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:19:37 PM by Atllus »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1670 on: December 24, 2017, 03:47:21 AM »

Now 2 general questions:
For the Script editor, is it posible to put an "if" that decide witch pic to use?, like x event happens and the condicion yes lead to sex, while no just stop at ecchi scene. 

That is possible.
example:

Ifpassstatcheck Libido
have normal sex
else
have Ecchi
endif

But the script only shows 1 picture when it is running. So avoid to trigger a picture type when your script shall do a restart afterwards. A  trigger than to show a picture will cause a failure.
( the wanted second pic will be shown when you run the scipt  next time.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1671 on: January 11, 2018, 11:42:58 AM »
Just a few thoughts I've been having for a while.  (I only have up to .03.04 on my computer, so if these have been addressed in .05 or .06, I apologize ... or if they've been in for longer and I just haven't noticed.)

'Succubus' trait could have a reduced Tiredness cost from performing Sexual activities, or a small gain.

'Vampire' trait could (re)gain Health when dealing damage in combat (or for simply performing Combat activities).

When Inspecting a girl, Exhibitionist characters should probably not have the same intro as other girls (... unless they're Nervous and/or have low Confidence).  Maybe something like, "Her clothes fly off and she stands proudly before you."  Not sure if the outro needs changing; maybe an adjustment to indicate that she'd be just as happy leaving naked?

(As much a placeholder for my thoughts as a suggestion/request, because I'll probably forget otherwise and I'm not that great at writing this sort of thing ...
* Shy/Nervous stays the same
* Not Shy/Nervous but low Confidence stays
* Not Shy/Nervous with normal Confidence - slight change?
* High PC Love - change?
* High PC Hate - change
* Mind Break or other emotionless/uncaring traits - change

Essentially, what I'm thinking about is adjustments to the scripts based on included Traits, and possibly things like whether or not the Player is Evil or Good - for example, if an Evil character Chats with a Sadist, they might discuss favorite torture techniques, while a Good character [probably] would stay away from it and might use the generic version.  But I don't know when I'll actually have time to sit down and look through all the scripts [and I'm not good with the whole 'writing a script file so it would probably be in-game] and come up with variations for relevant traits, so I'm putting it down here in case anyone has ideas they want to tack on.)

Offline grishnak

« Reply #1672 on: January 11, 2018, 02:17:36 PM »
More descriptions of traitbased text sounds really nice, but i think what stopped it so far was the old script editor mechanics. I hope modifying scripts will be a lot easier now in .06 (you can mod and edit scripts  with a simple text editor now...finally copy/paste).

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #1673 on: April 07, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
I've run into the problem of my gangs not being able to guard against attacks in this latest version.  Anyone else have this issue?

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1674 on: April 17, 2018, 11:47:48 AM »
I've no problems with the guards.

Do you have the highest weapon lvl. extension ?

Each week you should check, if your gangsize is at maximum of 15 members.

Offline jimbobiii

« Reply #1675 on: May 09, 2018, 06:41:45 PM »
So I checked out the code last night in an attempt to make it run more smoothly on native Linux. Didn't really get very far before I ran into some issues, though:

cScreenBuildingManagement.cpp:301
Code: [Select]
blocks[i].bevel_t = get_id(
            string("BevelTop") + istr, false
        );
        blocks[i].bevel_b = get_id(
            string("BevelBottom") + istr, false
        );
        blocks[i].bevel_r = get_id(
            string("BevelRight") + istr, false
        );
        blocks[i].bevel_l = get_id(
            string("BevelLeft") + istr, false
        );
This cause compilation errors; looking through the Git history it looks like the get_id method was changed fairly recently. I'm guessing the correct syntax at the moment would be to replace the
false with
"*Unused*" to get the same behavior; at the very least, that 's what I did and it doesn't seem to have caused any other irregularities.

cRival.cpp:711:
// use or sell items
            if (curr->m_NumInventory > 0)
            {
                for (int i = 0; i < MAXNUM_RIVAL_INVENTORY; i++)
                {
                    sInventoryItem* temp = curr->m_Inventory[i];
                    if (temp && g_Dice.percent(50))
                    {
                        if (g_Dice.percent(50)) income += (temp->m_Cost / 2);
                        RemoveRivalInvByNumber(curr, i);
                    }
                }
            }
This is what really had me scratching my head. Crashed every week, and the last thing I could find in the logs was always related to the weekly gang updates, without indication that it had moved on to rival handling. Had to start messing with GDB to figure out where exactly it was crashing, and the culprit was here:
                        if (g_Dice.percent(50)) income += (temp->m_Cost / 2);Basically, we can look at a rival's inventory all we want, and set items in it to null at will. But if you actually try reading any part of an individual item's struct? Cannot access memory, segfault, die. Given that this code hasn't changed in over a year, I'm guessing the problem's just a symptom caused by some other change in how inventories or items are handled, but fuck if I don't hate C++ and its memory management. Dunno why it's causing issues on Linux either if .06.03.07 is running fine on Windows, unless it's the fault of a g++ optimization or some bit of Linux-specific code somewhere else. Doesn't seem to affect player/shop/girl inventory management. Guess I'll do more digging tonight.

EDIT: Rival inventories didn't work because they weren't properly initialized anywhere. Tossed in a few lines to zero out their inventories during creation and it seems to work fine. Weird that the MS compiler seems to know to zero-initialize when g++ and clang wouldn't.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:15:32 PM by jimbobiii »

Offline asmox

« Reply #1676 on: May 15, 2018, 10:49:46 AM »
Is there some way to prevent catacombs gangs from picking up girls? My dungeon is constantly filled with more girls than I know what to do with in the very early stages of the game - kinda tedious to repeatedly get rid of them all.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #1677 on: May 15, 2018, 11:04:31 AM »
Is there some way to prevent catacombs gangs from picking up girls? My dungeon is constantly filled with more girls than I know what to do with in the very early stages of the game - kinda tedious to repeatedly get rid of them all.

Bottom of gang screen there are sliders. Use them!

Offline asmox

« Reply #1678 on: May 15, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »
Bottom of gang screen there are sliders. Use them!

Oh whoops - I did see the sliders but I think I misinterpreted their purpose. Thank you :>

Offline pronatrator

« Reply #1679 on: June 19, 2018, 10:56:15 PM »
Does anyone know if there's a post listing all the different image types that are current with the game?  A while back I head a txt file with the all the image tags, but I don't know where that is now and even if I did, it's way out of date.