devolution

Author Topic: How to add girls  (Read 103670 times)

Offline turken

Re: How to add girls
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 08:53:42 PM »
Zup! A question i got to ask.

Note: for random girl packs, substitute ".rgirls" or ".rgirlsx" for   ".girls" and ".girlsx," respectively.

Those this mean to change:

.rgirls  INTO  .girls
and
.rgirlx  INTO  .girlsx

OR those it mean:
.rgirls  INTO  .rgirlsx

??
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:01:01 PM by turken »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 02:15:18 AM »
The new format files are ".girlsx" for unique girls and ".rgirlsx" for random girls. At this point, there's no reason to bother with making new ".girls" and ".rgirls" files.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 11:03:33 AM »
And additionally, latest editor version can't save to girls/rgirls files, only "x" versions. It can still load old girls/rgirls files though.

Offline turken

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
Thx for answer, though it might be a bit late/old, the main post should be changed from:
Note: for random girl packs, substitute ".rgirls" or ".rgirlsx" for     ".girls" and ".girlsx," respectively.

To:
Note: for random girl packs, substitute ".rgirls" for ".rgirlsx"
or
Note: for random girl packs, substitute ".rgirls" or ".girls" for     ".rgirlsx" and ".girlsx," respectively.

The current way its written would mean to make .rgirls/x into regular .girls/x.

Offline kaiokami

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 12:12:36 AM »
My computer wont let me unrar the files, instead when I double click on it it just opens up whore master or nothing at all

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »
what exacly are you doing? have you already unpacked the girl pack? what is the file type of the file you are trying to open?
trying to open a .girlsx file would not cause WM to open, nor would an .zip/.rar/etc.

Offline kaiokami

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »
I downloaded the rar file, and when i click on it, it opens wm but nothing happens. it wont even open up the file to unzip it  :( :'(

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 06:42:23 PM »
right click on the file then select your program and tell it to unzip. I have no clue as to why it would open WM. when ever I try to open rar files I'm asked to select a program to use.

Offline kaiokami

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 07:49:22 PM »
Yeah i got the same thing, so i thought that selecting WM as its source would do it... but noooo it wants to be difficult

Offline Augury

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »
I seem to be having trouble whenever I attempt to add extra unique girls to the game.  Whenever I try to run with them,  I get the message
 "loading .\Resources\Characters\(Girl name).girlsx as XML"
"Girl has no script trigger file: .\Resources\Characters\(Girl name)\trigger.xml"

I attempted to run the game after copying the trigger.xml from Cammy White/Chun-Li's folder into each of the other girls' folders.  After doing that, running the game shows none of those error lines in the window, but I am not sure that is the proper fix for this problem.  Also, in the same test, after getting through the .girlsx files, the game hangs while loading the first .rgirlsx file.

I didn't tamper with the files directly, though I did edit some of the girls' values with WMEdit.  None of the values I had changed should be causing these problems, as I had simply added/removed traits from some girls and changed some of their base stats.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »
that's not an error.... really truthfully it's not. it's just saying that they have no unique trigger and will use the default trigger.

Offline Augury

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
Ah, alright.  The only reason I thought it might be a problem is because the game hangs and ends up not responding when I try to create a Brothel name. 

Not sure what might cause this though.  Can editing some config values in WMEdit cause the game to not be able to run properly?

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 01:54:29 AM »
I haven't seen a lot of activity here of late, so I'm hoping this question will get answered...

In attempting to load a .girlsx file, I get an XML error message that reads:

Data at the root level is invalid. Line 4, position 1

Is there any way that I can fix this error from my end?

Can I tell you how STUPID I feel right now?  I wasn't counting the lines right.  Amazing how a single overlooked period can screw things up.

Sorry about that.   :-[
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:32:51 AM by F-Trill »

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 07:36:25 PM »
Hey, dont feel dumb, at least you found the error. I spend more time fixing my errors than I do programming.. trust me.

Offline brad

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 03:58:58 AM »
So if some girls are appearing in-game but without any pictures to accompany, is that a mistake in my folder structure or a misspelling in the .girlsx file somewhere? :)