devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938042 times)

Offline Beracell

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.03.07
« Reply #945 on: June 21, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »
That actually reminded me that I learned a bit of html like 10 years ago in a digital design course but I focused else where in the course being photoshop... so 99% of knowledge of html is all lost and forgotten now, all I remember are a handful of hex color values lol which I probably only remember because I google them from time to time for other uses. But at first reading this and what I remembered of html from like 10 years ago, I thought it wouldn't be possible to program a game in html least not like WM, but with the short stint of playing with dreamweaver made me think so I and had to google if it would be. From what I googled and everything I found when talking about game coding in html they all mention the use of combination with something like javascript, but never mention making a game in html alone. So I don't know if it would be possible. I guess to say from what I have read and the few videos that I have watched in my search is that that if its anything like a facebook game level of graphics and play then it probably wouldn't be possible. Where the game stands now since its nearly just simple point and click it might be but I don't know how well it would run. It runs choppy now when dealing with gif's sometimes and its programmed in C++ but that could be left to something wrong with the code or something, since WM has been built on the bodies of other WM versions and what I have viewed of it the code is Frankenstein'd together, which I know there has been attempts at cleaning it up, but how each person codes is differently so issues can arise. Now if you were to add anything like a dungeon crawler aspect to the game like I want to do based on the tutorial I mentioned I know hands down html cant do it alone it would need something stronger in combination.
Not trying to dissuade you just trying to help out with what little bit of understanding I have. And someone might correct me which if they can show an better path I'd be all ears also.

But if your were to say your a beginner at programming and want to know where to start I would point to codecombat and say learn python, they teach everything a beginner needs to know and advanced concepts near the end... and then move on to the terrible programmers rogue like tutorials for graphic and sound implementation and from there by the time you finish codecombat and if the the tutorial holds true to what it offers one should be able to make a game comparable to Legend of Zelda a link to the past as their first game, well second after making the rogue like and then you just start climbing from there. And that is what I am attempting right now... time prohibiting, I've gone through the majority of codecombat, and now I am follow along with the rogue like tutorial and so far its going good so I will see how things fair on the other side.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:39:43 PM by Beracell »

Offline EmpireBuilder12

« Reply #946 on: June 25, 2018, 09:51:21 PM »
Quick question on girls pack when using girls packs does the file setup have to go resources/characters/(name which contains images) and rgirls file or can it be resources/characters/(name)/(name containing images) and rgirlsx file.

Offline Beracell

« Reply #947 on: June 26, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
Quick question on girls pack when using girls packs does the file setup have to go resources/characters/(name which contains images) and rgirls file or can it be resources/characters/(name)/(name containing images) and rgirlsx file.
Unless someone corrects me it goes resources/characters/name(containing images) and Rfile

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #949 on: July 09, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »
Guys really like this game - i know that you keeping this game alive so ... thumb up. Still learning the concept but it goes easily. I just want to start a new game with my custom girls pack with my own images for girls.
I have just a little problem. I created two girl packs in WMEdit.8.32 and give them both "Girl is a slave" - everything working great. If this girl get pregnant - images will be used same as her mother folder or she randomly choose any avaliable image packs? Never had a child in previous game so dont know how this work - will this girl be avaliable for "jobs"? But there is one "little" problem - I tried create pack for daughters - but when i checked "can only be born as Your daughter" in editor - game will crashed during start. I tried every possible combination but i failed to create "daughter" packs ... so how to create it? Thanx.

Offline Nyanyan

« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2018, 06:06:04 PM »
Guys really like this game - i know that you keeping this game alive so ... thumb up. Still learning the concept but it goes easily. I just want to start a new game with my custom girls pack with my own images for girls.
I have just a little problem. I created two girl packs in WMEdit.8.32 and give them both "Girl is a slave" - everything working great. If this girl get pregnant - images will be used same as her mother folder or she randomly choose any avaliable image packs? Never had a child in previous game so dont know how this work - will this girl be avaliable for "jobs"? But there is one "little" problem - I tried create pack for daughters - but when i checked "can only be born as Your daughter" in editor - game will crashed during start. I tried every possible combination but i failed to create "daughter" packs ... so how to create it? Thanx.

I don't know anything about the crash you're experiencing, but to answer your first question: Yes, if a girl gets pregnant without any pregnant specific pics (preganal for instance) it will just use the regular pics for the given action. So unless you have a specific pic, let's use PregAnal 'cause it was the first thing to come to mind, if you don't have a picture(s) marked as such, it will just use Anal pictures.

It does not just choose a random picture from the entire folder unless you don't have any of that type and then it'll generally use Nude or Profile(can't remember which, I don't usually have missing images >.>....).

For instance: If a girl is pregnant it will try to find a picture in this order. PregAnal->Anal->Profile. If at any point it finds a pic that is named properly, it will use that. If there are multiple, it'll randomize it like usual.

Hope this helps.

Offline pronatrator

« Reply #951 on: July 11, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
If the girl gets pregnant and has a girl, it will take a while for her to grow up.(you can raise/lower the amount of weeks in config)  When they do grow up it will pick a random girlpack to use as their daughter and they will show up in your dungeon as 'Child of one of your girls'.  If the mother was a slave, they will also be a slave.  They usually inherit some stats and traits from their mothers, even if you have added those traits to the girl in game.  Like if you send a girl to the Hospital to get fertility treatment and max her out as 'Broodmother', there is a good chance the daughter will inherit that trait.
I've never created a pack using 'can only be born as your daughter', so I don't know about that.

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #952 on: July 13, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »
If the girl gets pregnant and has a girl, it will take a while for her to grow up.(you can raise/lower the amount of weeks in config)  When they do grow up it will pick a random girlpack to use as their daughter and they will show up in your dungeon as 'Child of one of your girls'.  If the mother was a slave, they will also be a slave.  They usually inherit some stats and traits from their mothers, even if you have added those traits to the girl in game.  Like if you send a girl to the Hospital to get fertility treatment and max her out as 'Broodmother', there is a good chance the daughter will inherit that trait.
I've never created a pack using 'can only be born as your daughter', so I don't know about that.
thank you for answer ... also helped.

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #953 on: July 13, 2018, 04:13:05 PM »
btw. I have a objective: "Purchase the next brothel" ... where I can do it?
I can only increase capacity of existing one (the first one), or other facilities (like home, farm etc.) ... but i cant find new  brothel.

Offline Beracell

« Reply #954 on: July 13, 2018, 06:16:57 PM »
Certain buildings can only be obtained by conquering businesses with gangs...  but when you start the game with one and that is the mudflap chick symbol on the map the other is the bunny symbol which you need to control 30 businesses to be able to buy. When you buy that one the next one will show up on the map. There are 5 or 6 that you can get in total.

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #955 on: July 14, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »
Certain buildings can only be obtained by conquering businesses with gangs...  but when you start the game with one and that is the mudflap chick symbol on the map the other is the bunny symbol which you need to control 30 businesses to be able to buy. When you buy that one the next one will show up on the map. There are 5 or 6 that you can get in total.
thanx .... I was just guessing what this "playboy" symbol mean. So thats another brothel ... good to know.

Offline UltimaXeno

« Reply #956 on: August 29, 2018, 12:49:08 AM »
when I edit the config.xml for a new gaming experience, it doesn't want to work in the game. Like i'll increase my starting gold and such, but it doesn't seem to apply in-game, am I doing something wrong?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #957 on: August 29, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »
when I edit the config.xml for a new gaming experience, it doesn't want to work in the game. Like i'll increase my starting gold and such, but it doesn't seem to apply in-game, am I doing something wrong?
There are 2 config.xml files, one that comes in each version and a master that goes in the folder above the version folder.
The master config.xml takes precedent.
See Moving the folders for more details.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Solitude103

« Reply #958 on: October 27, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »
Can't believe I just discovered this game/mod just now. I'm absolutely amazed by the customization aspects of this program. Is there even any other harem style game with "girl packs" as a feature? I hope this is still being worked on, but the community doesn't seem very active. Is this still being worked on? I plan on pitching in on patreon, but I'm unsure. Is there a discord or anywhere else where people are more actively speaking on behalf of this game?

Nevertheless I'd like to create some "Girl Packs" with a focus on Black women (ebony models) cause they're underrepresented in most communities and are far too beautiful to be suffering from that, and generally thicker and chubbier models as well. Need to look into how to achieve that first though. Wish me luck, and bless anybody that still plays and/or care about the development of this game.

Offline Nighteye

« Reply #959 on: October 28, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »
I have a question. Is possible to create new statuses (pregnant, controlled, infertile, etc.)? If so, how?