devolution

Poll

Should a Graveyard be added to the game?

0 - No. Never even think about it.
2 (3%)
1 - No. Never.
0 (0%)
2 - No.
5 (7.6%)
3 - No. Possibly in the future.
1 (1.5%)
4 - Probably not. Could cause more problems than it solves.
2 (3%)
5 - Probably not. May not be worth the time.
7 (10.6%)
6 - Probably not.
3 (4.5%)
7 - Yes. But not without a lot of restrictions.
7 (10.6%)
8 - Yes.
28 (42.4%)
9 - Yes. As soon as possible.
4 (6.1%)
10 - Yes. Now.
7 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Graveyard  (Read 11741 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Graveyard
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
This will probably not be added anytime soon but its something to think about.

How about adding a Graveyard to the game?
Currently, whenever a girl dies, she is removed from the game.
A few versions ago, I made it so a couple of items could revive dead girls but they only work for girls that died that turn.
If their bodies have been removed, you could not revive them and would have to reload the savegame.
If there is a graveyard, they can be stored there and revived anytime.

Some limitations to this would be:
 - You must have the body or at least most of it.
 -  - The player's father's body was destroyed by his rivals so you can't revive him.
 - If the body is heavily damaged, they would lose stats when reviving
 - If the brain is damaged, they could lose skills
 - If they have been drained of their soul, they may not be able to be revived
 -  - If they can be, they would be a new person inside the old person's body

Though it would be highly illegal, the Graveyard may be a place to get new girls.
If you try and get caught, -1000 Disposition, +1000 Suspicion, +1000 Customer Fear and several other fines, losses and probably jail time.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Graveyard
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:11:33 PM »
reserved
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Romanul

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:36:35 PM »
Personally I am against the graveyard. I guess it depends on the style of play but currently you're easily swimming in cash and girls. Perma death (well not exactly since you said you can revive that turn) is one few money/girls sink.

I mean sure, go right ahead but I don't see the point of all that work for it.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 03:59:26 PM »
It's an interesting concept - particularly the part where your public image is sunk if you're found out.  I think there should be more reprecussions - a police raid, or something similar, but it's a very interesting concept.  I'd say go for it, but only so long as it's a very risky proposition, with high payouts and high costs.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »
In my own current playstyle i would not need it much, but it could make the game more interesting.
Rituals to resurrect your girls who died could be made very expensive, so that would be another moneysink.

If there will be a graveyard, i would want the girls of your competitors who died, to go to that graveyard
even if they are just numbers at that moment
(sometimes you get messages about that after successful missions)
so you could try to steal/resurrect "their girls" (like you said, with massive problems if you are discovered)
Maybe that could be another type of unique girls for new girlpacks, which you can only get in that way.

Offline Romanul

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:05 PM »
How would this resurrection work? I have at least a girl dieing in the dungeon every week. It would be a pain to search through the graveyard I imagine.

Offline Geron

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:52 PM »

Systematic murder and everything else inbetween is ok, but Necromancy instantly sets all alarms?  Maybe if there is a way to silence the rats, yea, I'd be up for the hammer.
In short, I'm suggesting more features for this feature if it comes to fruition.

Offline Romanul

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 05:26:06 PM »
I can't speak for the others but I oppose the graveyard  because I find it pointless and it's likely I would never use it. It would be even less useful for me than the farm or clinic. However, that doesn't mean I have something against farmers or doctors. I believe that the limited resources used to improve the game should be used for something else( players stats, expanding the dungeon etc).

Offline Destont

• Destont Tengoto - Tengu of Darkness and Sorrow
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »
I personally am for the graveyard, more buildings/locations is always a plus for me. At the absolute minimum it should probably have the mandatory cleaning/upkeep job and a medical skill based job that would keep the bodies from decaying further while in 'storage'. Also it might be nice for some people to keep track of any favorite girls that passed away.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 10:38:30 PM »
You can have zombies and skeletons working in your Brothel, but stealing the bodies to make them sets off all the alarms?  Can you buy cadavers, then?  Reserve certain corpses so that in the future you can just walk in with a wheelbarrow, show your notice, and collect the girl?

On the one hand, it's an interesting concept, especially if someone dies early in the game and you don't have resurrection items yet.  On the other, the points about swimming in cash/girls once you get set up are pretty true, so once you hit mid-game it loses value unless some sort of system where you can only get girls from the Graveyard is developed (Uniques who die in the Arena or are working for your Rivals, or maybe just girls have a chance to be killed off-screen, and you'd have to search the Graveyard occasionally to see if there's anyone you want).

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 04:14:12 AM »
Why not a morgue instead? Where the dead girls (both yours and random new ones) would be kept "fresh" for some time.  Kind of like a slave market for a necromancer.
While still morbid, I think it's more appealing than the perspective of grave digging for corpses...

The morgue could also be a part or related somehow to the hospital.

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
^
This. It could definitely be part of the hospital.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline Jaxter

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
An easy solution would be to toggle its availability in the config.
You don't even need to change default game behavior, just hide the graveyard button / hotkey.

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 11:32:25 PM »
Morgue is better than 'graveyard'. Or you could fantasy-ize it up a little and call it a 'Crypt' or a 'Barrow', though a barrow would probably be more like the catacombs.

Offline ragingdragonshooter

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 12:27:58 AM »
I haven't played the game in quite a while, so my info could be out of date something serious, but I saw this and had to comment.

Personally, on the Morgue vs Graveyard thing, I think 'why not both?'

I mean having the Morgue for what aevojeoy wanted and the Graveyard as a place for the game to mock the player for the girls that they've permanently lost.
Ideally, it would also keep track of the number of hapless gang members that you've gotten killed.
But maybe that's just because I'm a psychological sadist.

Incidentally, there being a graveyard location would allow an excuse to have more spiritual or sentimental type girls to wander around the city when given free time (praying for souls or something like that) and it would also allow a logical place for already-undead or darkly inclined (necromancers, some vampires, punk-goth chicks [ha], etc) girls to reasonably spawn.
...Which would probably be a slightly more acceptable reason to include such a place than my sadism, but... well, I digress.