Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 413643 times)

Offline NuMysterio

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 11:36:49 AM »
I don't think it's necessary to add more teachers, and if you do you'd have to change the balance of the color distribution because it only barely supports the 8 in game now.  I do like the idea of a promotion path.  I'd love to convert teachers to different specialities (not just sex classes, but the other ones as well).  A few more non-sex classes might be fun as well.

The big focus should be on re-balancing the thing.  Even my suggestion on the end of year reputaiton would only make it a bit less difficult.

Offline Command

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »
My main suggestion is finding a good way to get those hard to get collors.  As far as I can tell the endings show what collors you get and not how much you acumilate from the game.

It does get kind of tricky.

I can say that I could have a way to improve the teacher's loyalty better.  I mean so far I alway's have one teacher who has no loyalty at all.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
I'd like the teachers to start teaching their specialties, and either some sensible defaults for the colour table, be able to set profiles. There's too much itty-bitty fiddley-click in the game for my liking. Credit to poolka for trying something new, but it's not the nicest user interface I've ever seen.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 12:50:05 PM »
Good luck on your version WonderDog.  Also keep the idea coming I will do my best to implement them.

Offline MrB

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »
Hiya! Just wanted to join in on the discussion, because I feel it's not really that necessary to change the gameplay of Hentai High School that much. As has been said, there are lots of strategies to try and if you experiment a bit, you can get harder to get orbs a lot easier.

For instance, in my first playthrough, I ended with lots of green and red orbs (now why would that be?  ;)  ), but my ending rep and loyalty were pretty low.

In my second playthrough, I decreased the innuendo (to about 1/3 of tacher loyalty), which I think had the effect of building loyalty (I never had it hit 0 anymore). I also chose fancy fair a lot to build yellow points, and scolded/grounded students for improper behaviour, which upped my yellow and white points considerably and kept my reputation up in the first part of the game. I lost because I tried to have too many sex clubs open though.

In my third and last playthrough (last weekend  :) ) I used stricter school rules in the beginning which I think increased and maintained my reputation (like not being allowed to leave the school when behaviour is still low). I also unlocked just about all sex classes, which gave me oodles of red points through color effect. By not opening any sex clubs and still punishing students for improper behaviour every single time, I kept my reputation up (I don't know how yet, but it got to around 50 at one point).
Teaching sciences/math classes until very late into the game assured me of a steady stream of blue orbs (probably also because I used the study detention and entry tests school rules). In the meantime, my behaviour and morality stats stayed high too, maybe because I kept teaching behaviour and moral classes until very late in the game. Only in the last 3 years I started opening up the sex clubs, at which point my rep was high enough to take the hit.

Anyway, my point is, I feel the game is well thought out and might not need that much rebalancing. If you don't succeed in getting some colored orbs that much, there's probably a strategy you can try that might let you do better next time. I only played 3 times so far, so I'm definitely no expert, but I did get wildly different results just by trying out different things.  :)

The game does need some bugfixes though. Some bugs I noticed:
- In my last playthrough it didn't seem that my money carried over to the next year. Your money for each year always seemed to be double of your number of students for that year. (didn't keep track of it in the first playthroughs)
- It doesn't seem to be a problem if your money runs out (for instance, if you have to replace stolen goods but don't have any money anymore)
- In between games, HHH doesn't seem to keep track of your extra orbs that well. When I unlocked 20 years and 2000 extra gold last weekend it deducted my extra orbs. Then, when I started up the program again, all the orbs that I spent were there again. Of course, some might not see that as a problem.  ;)
- When I unlocked new sex classes in mid-year, I had images for those classes come up, even though I of course hadn't assigned teachers to actually teach the class yet. Again, not really a problem. =P

Anyway, sorry for the superlong post. I'll be quiet now. :)

Offline Alugere

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 09:09:19 PM »
- When I unlocked new sex classes in mid-year, I had images for those classes come up, even though I of course hadn't assigned teachers to actually teach the class yet. Again, not really a problem. =P

Anyway, sorry for the superlong post. I'll be quiet now. :)
I believe those classes are still being taught, just not by major teachers. (I know of no school that has only 8 teachers and is the same size as the schools in the pictures)

Offline MrB

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »
I believe those classes are still being taught, just not by major teachers. (I know of no school that has only 8 teachers and is the same size as the schools in the pictures)

Yah, you're probably right.  :)

Also, I just checked my savegame from my last playthrough. It seems I actually went into the last (15th) year with a reputation of 82, if you guys can believe that. I don't remember it being that high though. Could that be another bug/glitch? XD

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 09:54:05 PM »
I don't know if it is a bug or a glitch. 

I don't plan to change the core game play too much, just expand and refine what is already there.

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 05:25:07 AM »

Offline Command

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
Try to include a wresteling club.

and a fencing one (The image of girls fencing nude would likely be very distracting...not to mention dangerous)

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
horseback riding brings out images that are best left unmentioned. :)
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline GmanPrime

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 01:52:19 AM »
Hi guys, first post, thought I'd make a few suggestions for Hentai High in the form of a list, as I really like what you did with the game Delta, although I think it could use some refinement.  Having said that though, its a really awesome concept!  Hopefully you find something useful from this random assortment of garbage.

1.  Right now there isn't a whole lot to do with most of the orb color rewards, yet red is overused.  I think one of the better uses would be to allow multiple uses of the same reward, like the pedagogy boosting one, or the loyalty one for example.  For balance, simple adding to the cost can balance, so first use 5, second time 5+1, etc. can make it more reasonable. 

2.  Allow orb exchange with a cost, such as a 2:1 ratio.

3.  A little more feedback would be helpful, especially on school rules, as it is hard to tell what does what most of the time.  A tooltip option would be best, but in the spirit of simplicity I think a brief description after an option would be great, [++knw, -bhv] for example.

4.  An all female staff would suit the game better, but I understand if other disagree.  I also think seeing pics of the teachers, if possible, engaging in bad behavior with the students at higher sex levels would be awesome, or even better in relation to the level of sex in the curriculum.

5.  Money is pretty useless,  the swimming pool can be bought immediately for its club and its really only used for upkeep otherwise.  I suggest the ability to buy reputation, which would always be handy, and additional buildings which add an ongoing benefit, not neccessarily with the ability to visit them. 

6.  I suggest some way for clubs to make money so yearly income is not the only source.  Perhaps costing joy or the quarterly benefit of the club could compensate.

7.  The reputation hits at the higher levels of sex are really harsh if the player participates or even allows many activities in random events, yet the benefits are usually just a red orb.  I actually think at 100 that reputation should INCREASE for participation, as the students are overjoyed with their eager princiPAL, and spread the word that the school is great.  Morality on the other hand, should probably be the stat taking the big hit with all this activity.

8.  In line with #7, I think a better long term way of handling the high sex level problem versus reputation would be to have some kind of monitoring stat.  If the stat is low, sex events that normally decrease reputation do no harm or even help reputation, depending on the sex level.  If high, then the opposite.  Morality classes/level can help reduce the stat, and the "officials" can be corrupted with sexual favors from the students (-joy/behavior unless high sex level) or maybe bribes.  Favors can drain red orbs on a regular basis, which would help with the glut of red orbs at end game.

9.  The ability to invite students in your office for a friendly lesson.    Also, more options for the principal to participate would be nice.

10.  More pics to go along with all these ideas.   

11.  More unlockables in the main screen would be good, in particular anything which helps boost teacher stats.

12.  Last but not least, more encouragement from everyone, I know this is the WM board, but games like this make the whole community better, so let's all give our support.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:32 AM »
Good ideas, hopefully the people who plan to work on it will be able to use some of them.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »
1. Easy to do

2. Easy to do

3. A bit harder but I will do something like that.

4. I plan to have different teachers for each of the schools. So some will have all female, some won't

5. One thing on the list to fix.

6. Depends on how I do number 5.

7. On the list.

8 same as 7

9. Easy to do.

10.  Duh.

11.  Depends on what I do.

12. Of course.

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »
5.  Money is pretty useless,  the swimming pool can be bought immediately for its club and its really only used for upkeep otherwise.  I suggest the ability to buy reputation, which would always be handy, and additional buildings which add an ongoing benefit, not neccessarily with the ability to visit them. 

I think money for reputation should be given a proper name:  Bribes.  It would fit in rather well, I think.

I like all the suggestions, some of them I've thought about before but didn't dictate them at the start of the thread.  Nice.