devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619390 times)

Offline oldcityguy

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »
Assigning girls to beast capture or exploring catacombs jobs always causes a Next Week crash. I've attached zipped gamelogs for each job. In these games, I gave myself extra starting cash to equip the first reasonable combat flavored girl.
version: .05o.06
I do wonder if I'm using girl file that are not completely compatible. I picked these off the "Restoration of Active Girls List" topic.

Offline crazy

« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »
Assigning girls to beast capture or exploring catacombs jobs always causes a Next Week crash. I've attached zipped gamelogs for each job. In these games, I gave myself extra starting cash to equip the first reasonable combat flavored girl.
I do wonder if I'm using girl file that are not completely compatible. I picked these off the "Restoration of Active Girls List" topic.
Did it work before this version?  If not ur problem is u dont have any random catacombs girls.  Which is what it sounds like to me.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »
Upload your savegame and I'll test it out.

Rarely would an incompatible girl file cause a crash, it would more likely just throw a few error messages at you.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline oldcityguy

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »
Did it work before this version?  If not ur problem is u dont have any random catacombs girls.  Which is what it sounds like to me.
This the only version I've used. I didn't have any random girls, much less a catacomb girl. I downloaded and installed a random pack with a catacomb girl. It didn't fix the issue.
I've attached a save file.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2014, 09:09:26 PM »
The gamelogs and the savegame you attached are not from the same game

Delete your gamelog file then run your savegame until it crashes
Then zip together the gamelog and savegame into 1 zip file and attach it

Offline oldcityguy

« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2014, 11:02:09 PM »
Here's the gamelog and matching save.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2014, 12:32:05 AM »
Found the problem.
Your game has no "Non-Human Random Girls"
They are needed to make Beast Capture, City Guard, Explore Catacombs, Fight Arena Girls and Fight Beast jobs work.
I am fixing it so if you have no "Non-Human Random Girls", the game will either just give you a minimal reward or pass the fight as a draw.
The job report and the gamelog will include an error report.

It is in .05p here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27858#msg27858
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:25:21 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2014, 09:03:54 AM »
Bugs and inconvenient settings in 0.5p
Night and day Jobs are treated and accounted the same, i.e. training combat at day raises participant for 1 (also for night even if the appointed job is a different), same action at night doesn't raise number of participants (if day action is a different) if in girl screen the selected jobs even jumps to free time, in building management job is displayed correctly...if you train at both times its correct again (mainly since the day action counts double)
useing normal training in the brothels seem to work different , the jobs are accounted correctly but when chooseing day action the selection jumps back to free time while the desired job is raised by 1 participant
Clinic:
can't change operations in weekly summary after success message (works in building after weekly summary is closed)
succesful finished operations aren't marked as "warrning" in the weekly summary any longer so you need to check every girl for her traits/stats
Arena:
can't change a girl from training to combat job in weekly summary if she finished with all combat stats at 100 (works in building after weekly summary is closed)
Dungeon:
I like the idea of the details in the new tab, but pls don't make it a "warning", maybe make it an "event" like in the gang management
warnings should be reserved for heavy injury and trait gains/losses

Edit: seems like I misunderstood the job assignment in Clinic and Arena befor...I can change them in weekly summary but the selection always jumps back to "free time" while participant number raises by one on desired job...this is incredible confusing
useing building management:
chooseing night action befor day action selection is correctly displayed...changeing to day action the seletion shows the same as night action eventhough it should be "free time"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:32:14 AM by Evangelion 01 »

Offline Brozita

« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2014, 10:04:35 AM »
I suppose this isn't really a bug, but it's something that's been bothering me for a bit now...

In my experience the Slave Market has a tendency of only selling the same ~10 unique girls. It's even choosing the same girls across saves... And sometimes I've seen multiple copies of the same girl at the same time. Anything that can be done to make the Slave Market more random, and select from all the unique's?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »
Bugs and inconvenient settings in 0.5p
Night and day Jobs are treated and accounted the same, i.e. training combat at day raises participant for 1 (also for night even if the appointed job is a different), same action at night doesn't raise number of participants (if day action is a different) if in girl screen the selected jobs even jumps to free time, in building management job is displayed correctly...if you train at both times its correct again (mainly since the day action counts double)
useing normal training in the brothels seem to work different , the jobs are accounted correctly but when chooseing day action the selection jumps back to free time while the desired job is raised by 1 participant
Not sure exactly what you mean,
please give more detail and examples

Clinic:
succesful finished operations aren't marked as "warrning" in the weekly summary any longer so you need to check every girl for her traits/stats
I am working on making successful rehab and surgeries go green instead of red.
Rehab is green, just need to fix the result text, should have the surgery jobs done either tonight or tomorrow.
Multiday jobs now change their (#) based on if there is a Nurse or Doctor is on duty.
If there is no Doctor on duty it changes to " (?)***" with a note in the job description.

Dungeon:
I like the idea of the details in the new tab, but pls don't make it a "warning", maybe make it an "event" like in the gang management
warnings should be reserved for heavy injury and trait gains/losses
Easily fixed

Clinic:
can't change operations in weekly summary after success message (works in building after weekly summary is closed)

Arena:
can't change a girl from training to combat job in weekly summary if she finished with all combat stats at 100 (works in building after weekly summary is closed)

Edit: seems like I misunderstood the job assignment in Clinic and Arena befor...I can change them in weekly summary but the selection always jumps back to "free time" while participant number raises by one on desired job...this is incredible confusing
useing building management:
chooseing night action befor day action selection is correctly displayed...changeing to day action the seletion shows the same as night action eventhough it should be "free time"
The special job handler will not let you put a girl into a job that she is either not qualified for or has no need for.
Some jobs are full time jobs so they take both Day and Night slots.
If you change the girl from a full time job to a part time job in one shit, she will get sent to free time for the other shift.

If that is not the problem you are having, please provide more detail.

In my experience the Slave Market has a tendency of only selling the same ~10 unique girls. It's even choosing the same girls across saves... And sometimes I've seen multiple copies of the same girl at the same time. Anything that can be done to make the Slave Market more random, and select from all the unique's?
The non-unique girls are chosen at random from your .rgirlsx files when the Slave Market is opened the first time that day.
I intend to work on the "randomness" of the girls by making it rechoose a new rgirl if that template has already been chosen in the past 8 choices.

The unique girls are chosen somewhat at random from the list of girls at the beginning of your savegame.
If you buy one of these, they are moved to your brothel and removed from that part of the save game.
If you sell or fire a unique girl she is added back to the list so you may be able to get them again.

Either way, the more girls files you have, the less duplicates you should have.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:38:00 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2014, 01:27:27 PM »
...I'll try...
first the false marker (pictures 1st-3rd)
2nd the jumping selection
I had the slave on combat training and than gave order to fight in the cage
kinda looks like what happens if you try to order a slave with all combat stats @ 100 to train her combat skills...just without a text message
same applies to changeing or applying surgerys
btw the counter for the chosen jobs increase correctly...just that your selection makes a jump..if you don't pay attention it seems like the girl refuses the job applyance and goes to rest while the scedule is planed correctly
...any better?

The special job handler will not let you put a girl into a job that she is either not qualified for or has no need for.
Some jobs are full time jobs so they take both Day and Night slots.
If you change the girl from a full time job to a part time job in one shit, she will get sent to free time for the other shift.

If that is not the problem you are having, please provide more detail.
thats not the problem I tried to change jobs from either resting to training or from training to fight in the cages... so no double shift jobs
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:06:51 PM by Evangelion 01 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
...I'll try...
first the false marker (pictures 1st-3rd)
2nd the jumping selection
I had the slave on combat training and than gave order to fight in the cage
kinda looks like what happens if you try to order a slave with all combat stats @ 100 to train her combat skills...just without a text message
same applies to changeing or applying surgerys
btw the counter for the chosen jobs increase correctly...just that your selection makes a jump..if you don't pay attention it seems like the girl refuses the job applyance and goes to rest while the scedule is planed correctly
...any better?
thats not the problem I tried to change jobs from either resting to training or from training to fight in the cages... so no double shift jobs

Ok  I see the problem now

When I was cleaning up some scripts I accidentally changed a piece of code changing day to night.
Fixed it.
Will put .05p.01 either tonight or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:49:14 PM by aevojoey »

Offline a3535196

« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2014, 12:27:42 AM »
Fixed it.
Will put .05p.01 either tonight or tomorrow.

aevojoey, I noticed you changed the code on google last time without having to wait for the letter to change (from revision 74>75). Could you please keep doing that for small fixes in the future? Or at least post the changed files here so people working on mods like me can fix them without waiting one week?

Offline aevojoey

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2014, 05:21:39 PM »
first thing I noticed is that Dungeon messages didn't change
the message for being torutred is still a "warning" rather than a neutral info