Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352349 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #450 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:32 AM »
This is a very strange error... and it's never been reported before. Try winning a chainfight (vs goblins I think) until you get an Ultimate Healing potion and see if that fixes a problem. I am also at a complete loss as to why all saves fail you because these issues should not transfer from one to another save.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Ogami

« Reply #451 on: April 26, 2014, 05:59:18 AM »
Try winning a chainfight (vs goblins I think) until you get an Ultimate Healing potion and see if that fixes a problem.

Thank you!  That worked. As soon as i won an Ultimate Healing Potion i could open my inventory again and visit the shops.   :)

When i looked into the inventory after  the fight i also only had 1 Ultimate Potion.  I think the game/save  somehow thought i should have one but didnt.
And i might even remember what may caused this.  I gave the Potion to Kosmos about 50 turns earlier to try to have her survive a arena fight.
I got an error when  i gave it to her but i just pressed "Ignore" and the game continued as normal. I guess the bug was saved after that.
After that i stopped going to the arena and just charmed girls into working in my brothel for the whole time.   
Thats why my save games from the last 40 or so turns also had the bug when i tried them later.
Only a old save game from 100 turns before worked.   
Ah well, i am happy that i can continue to play.  Thanks again for the fast replay.   ;)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #452 on: April 26, 2014, 06:07:38 AM »
Ah ok, now it makes at least some sense. When you click ignore, part of command cycle might get skipped leading to weird errors. I couldn't figure out how something like that could happen under normal gameplay :)

If you encounter that same error again, post it here so I can prevent it from happening ever again.
Like what we're doing?

Offline JakubK

« Reply #453 on: April 30, 2014, 09:35:54 AM »

I.
1) AP = 35, 100, 200, 400, 800... (was revised before Alpha)
Next at 135... I am not entirely sure if that's a bug or not. We've revised it tight before releasing an Alpha, I think it might be worth changing to 100, 200.

OK, after longer play i can say that in current version - you for sure gain AP points at:
- 35 constitution (4 AP on main character)
- 135 constitution (5 AP on main character)
- 335 constitution (6 AP on main character)

I don't know if it is intentional (and i know it will be changed), but i think this is "human error" - and instead of gaining AP at "35, 100, 200, 400" you are adding these constitution values in the game code, so you gain AP at:

1. 0+35 = 35 constitution
2. 35+100 = 135 const.
3. 135+200 = 335 const.
4. 335+400 = 735 const. (not tested)
and so on...

II.
I have 214/336 charisma and 139 level - and when i have trainings with Aine - instead of gaining charisma - i lose it (-3 or -4) and i don't know why.
Oh - one more thing - maybe it is related to the fact, that i have maxed luck (50/50 - and i'm not using any items with luck).

III.
There is little exploit with gaining constitution (but i hope it will stay in the game :D - because trainings are expensive):
After you drink "Ultimate Healing Potion" - you have +10/10 constitution for the rest of the day. If you will have scheduled training with Xeona after this - instead of gaining +1 or +2 constitution - you will gain +11 or +12 (added permamently). So for next 5 levels (you gain 2 max const for each level) - you don't have to worry about constitution training. For example:

You have - 137/138 constitution at level X - after drinking U.H.P. - you will have 147/148 const. for the rest of the day. If you will train with Xeona - you might gain +11 constitution, so you will have:
- 138/138 const at level X
- 140/140 const at level X+1 (with no additional training for constitution)
- 142/142 const at level X+2 (with no additional training for constitution)
- 144/144 const at level X+3 (with no additional training for constitution)
- 146/146 const at level X+4 (with no additional training for constitution)
- 148/148 const at level X+5 (with no additional training for constitution)
- 148/150 const at level X+6 (and you can make this trick again :) )

______
Offtopic:
Arena in this game is so awesome, that it would be nice game even without brothel part :D

I still haven't killed boss of "Envoys of the Lust".
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:17:37 PM by JakubK »

Offline LuigiDEK

« Reply #454 on: April 30, 2014, 05:38:40 PM »
I got this error occasionally when i got to the slave market while trying to add girls.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 106, in script
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 106, in python
  File "game/library/initialization.rpy", line 148, in python
IOError: Couldn't find file ''.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 106, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\core.py", line 1993, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\core.py", line 2311, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\core.py", line 1530, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 365, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:5300)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2491)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\layout.py", line 536, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2764)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2491)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\layout.py", line 536, in render
  File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2764)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\screen.py", line 295, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\layout.py", line 903, in render
    st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 109, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:1654)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\im.py", line 463, in render
    im = cache.get(self)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\im.py", line 196, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "game/library/initialization.rpy", line 148, in load
    child = im.cache.get(self.image)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\im.py", line 196, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\display\im.py", line 507, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\temp\Downloads\PyTFall Test\renpy\loader.py", line 428, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file ''.

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #455 on: May 01, 2014, 06:16:21 AM »

1) AP were done on a whim (before it was +1 AP for every 35 Const) couple of days pre-Alpha release but your way is prolly better.

2) Training with Aine cannot result in this, there is something else at work.

3) Yeap, thanks for the report, you don't have to worry cause it's not going to get fixed any time soon. I think the entire system needs to be restructured to get it to the bug free stage, we made items far too complex.

---
I figured out what's wrong and how to fix 3 but there are more pressing bugs to squash :)

I got this error occasionally when i got to the slave market while trying to add girls.

There should be a report specifying a girl in the devlog.txt file. This is too general of an error to give advice on.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:00:39 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline LuigiDEK

« Reply #456 on: May 01, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »

There should be a report specifying a girl in the devlog.txt file. This is too general of an error to give advice on.
Thanks I found out that the folder was named wrong from the devlog.

Offline jussi111

« Reply #457 on: May 04, 2014, 09:25:08 AM »
luigi can you help noob how to fix it i got same error  .....thx allready ;)

Offline MonkeyBoo

« Reply #458 on: May 04, 2014, 10:11:12 AM »
Happens on day 17 when I click next day, will try to rollback and see i it still happens. It's on the new patch.

Tried a rollback, same thing, tried to check items, it seems to be due to a manual of sex I had in my inventory. It triggered and can't find the stat on my hero so error... sad...

Tested it a bit more extensively, it seems that if you click ignore, the day remains the same but you get a stat buff to sex, you can do it till it maxes out, 110 in my case, then unequip the book and continue to play, maybe an exploit and a bug at the same time.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 15, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 119, in python
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 117, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 1403, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 799, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 585, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 212, in python
AttributeError: 'disposition' is neither a gamestat nor an attribute of Player

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Alexandru\Downloads\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Users\Alexandru\Downloads\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Alexandru\Downloads\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 119, in <module>
    pytfall.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 117, in next_day
    hero.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 1403, in next_day
    self.item_counter()
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 799, in item_counter
    self.apply_item_effects(items[key])
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 585, in apply_item_effects
    if item.cmax and (key not in ['exp', 'gold']) and (getattr(self, h_key) >= item.cmax):
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 212, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError(msg % (key, self.__class__.__name__))
AttributeError: 'disposition' is neither a gamestat nor an attribute of Player

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:00:18 PM by MonkeyBoo »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #459 on: May 04, 2014, 03:54:44 PM »
Happens on day 17 when I click next day, will try to rollback and see i it still happens. It's on the new patch.

Tried a rollback, same thing, tried to check items, it seems to be due to a manual of sex I had in my inventory. It triggered and can't find the stat on my hero so error... sad...

Tested it a bit more extensively, it seems that if you click ignore, the day remains the same but you get a stat buff to sex, you can do it till it maxes out, 110 in my case, then unequip the book and continue to play, maybe an exploit and a bug at the same time.

You've prolly loaded from an old save after updating with the latest patch. Otherwise this error should never occur during gameplay.
Like what we're doing?

Offline LuigiDEK

« Reply #460 on: May 04, 2014, 06:58:50 PM »
luigi can you help noob how to fix it i got same error  .....thx allready ;)
If your still having the problem then go to the devlog at (Pytfall)Folder/Game/Devlog.txt.
If you go to the bottom of the file it will have your latest game, if the error was during that game then it will be there if it wasn't then run a new game until you get the problem.
It will say something like
WARNING  PyTFall 0.45 Alpha Total failure while looking for image with ['Mad Moxxi', 'nude'] tags!!!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.45 Alpha Total failure while looking for image with ['Mad Moxxi', 'quest'] tags!!!
Which will give you the name of the girl.
From here it gets slightly more complicated.
I found my problem by opening the .girlsx file in notepad and finding out that the name was spelled different from the folders name so i renamed the folder.
I hope this helped.

Offline MonkeyBoo

« Reply #461 on: May 04, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
You've prolly loaded from an old save after updating with the latest patch. Otherwise this error should never occur during gameplay.

I've archived the library and save files, voided the save and copied over the library, then started a new game.

I did try to play on my old save game files, but if I visit a girl, the game crashes and Ignore doesn't work, the same goes for clicking next day, the old saves are broken beyond repair, at least the ones I have.

Maybe If I were to sell all items and girls they might work, but I don't really care enough to try it out.
Also day 17 is not that hard / long to get to, eve with reloading about 10 times per day for the arena survivals in order to get decent item rewards, and 10 times is a stretch...

The book does have disposition stat which is not a stat available to the main character as far as I am aware. Anal as well...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #462 on: May 05, 2014, 02:43:41 AM »
MC has general sex stat that includes all others, including anal.
As for disposition, I guess it could lead to a bug if something is missing in the code...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #463 on: May 05, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »

I'll take another look, this might be a bug.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Muaddib67

« Reply #464 on: May 09, 2014, 03:11:09 AM »
HYou really should overhaul how taxes work.  I own the 175k Mansion and make around 80-100 k a week.
But i lose  nearly  50-60k  from  taxes AND have the  upkeep and wages from the girls on top. So i rarely make more then maye 10-15k profit a week.
Maybe you could substract the expenses from the income each week and only tax what is left.

I am running into the same problem. I have the small house outside of town, and 2 girls, but I get charged more in taxes than I make for the whole week (including jobs at the arena), and once you go into debt with the government (at all) it's pointless to continue playing. I'll try to remember to get some screen shots if it will help. With 1 girl, you can stay ahead of the game, with 2 it starts getting dicey, and with 3 you loose your shirt very quickly. The game claims you are charged like 2500, but it takes 6000 or so. I'm wondering if it's charging the amount it's supposed to, then multiplying THAT by the number of girls you have.

Another odd problem I've run into, is if I play, then exit, and come back later, I get the message "Welcome, you have started a new renpy game", and it will not load pytfall unless I delete the entire game folder, and unzip my archive again.

Over all, this game is looking good, and it's good to see the devs actively working on reported errors.