Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352542 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #420 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:51 AM »
I did grab the updated xml files for girls in the alpha download post.

No idea... one of the girls has a Timid trait that doesn't exist with the latest traits file I guess. Should I temporarily remove the links? I cannot test every single pack with every single datafile.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #421 on: March 27, 2014, 02:16:03 AM »
I wouldn't remove anything yet. I'm not sure where my problem is stemming from.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2014, 02:21:25 AM »
I wouldn't remove anything yet. I'm not sure where my problem is stemming from.

Yeah, hold on, It's just two lines of code, I'll push an extra check so game would skip the none existing traits and write to developer log girls id and the missing trait name. Pull in 5 minutes.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Ilikepuu

« Reply #423 on: March 28, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »
Hello, I am getting this error when clicking "Meet Girls" in the park.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - town - park gates.rpy", line 21, in script
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - town - park gates.rpy", line 25, in python
  File "game/library/initialization.rpy", line 146, in python
IOError: Couldn't find file ''.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #424 on: March 28, 2014, 07:06:15 PM »
Hello, I am getting this error when clicking "Meet Girls" in the park.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - town - park gates.rpy", line 21, in script
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - town - park gates.rpy", line 25, in python
  File "game/library/initialization.rpy", line 146, in python
IOError: Couldn't find file ''.

Did you download any of the Dark's packs?

It's not a game bug, it's bad modding (likely on our part). I'll see if I can improve upon that error in the future. For now, I can only guarantee functionality of packs that came with the game and those that are directly in the Alpha download thread.

Edit: Ah ok, I've already improved that error reporting, there is a devlog.txt file somewhere in your game folder, can you check it/upload it somewhere?

You need to find something with "could not find image with tags [bla bla bla]".
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:09:40 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Ilikepuu

« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
I have not downloaded one of Dark's packs but I was experimenting with adding my own characters, so the bad modding is on my part.

Relevent devlog entry:
WARNING  PyTFall 0.45 Alpha Total failure while looking for image with ['KTamaki', 'profile'] tags!!!

I must have done something wrong when creating the .json file, but I can't figure out what I've done differently.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2014, 07:39:14 PM »
I have not downloaded one of Dark's packs but I was experimenting with adding my own characters, so the bad modding is on my part.

Relevent devlog entry:
WARNING  PyTFall 0.45 Alpha Total failure while looking for image with ['KTamaki', 'profile'] tags!!!

I must have done something wrong when creating the .json file, but I can't figure out what I've done differently.

Can I assume that you're using tagger software?

Is KTamaki the name of the folder with all the images? Exactly like that (with capital letters and all)?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Ilikepuu

« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
KTamaki is the character id, folder name is Tamaki_Kawazoe. Does it need to match the folder name?

I may have misread the tagging thread and did not use the tagger software, I assumed that it was an either/or thing with the manual creation of .json files.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #428 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:52 PM »
KTamaki is the character id, folder name is Tamaki_Kawazoe. Does it need to match the folder name?

I may have misread the tagging thread and did not use the tagger software, I assumed that it was an either/or thing with the manual creation of .json files.

They absolutely do have to match.

It is an either/or thing but never with manual creation unless you feel like it.

This is for native PyTFall packs:
https://mega.co.nz/#!Glx1AC5A!GgLVP65QOiowHBbOE5Wf_c6_qoF2_6eThiM9lu39ZSw

The way we named our tags is not very intuitive or easy to understand I am afraid, you can take a look at how other images are tagged in the software or in the game's gallery. Ask here if you have any questions. You can tag the images (data will be loaded inside the images themselves so you will not loose it) and then create tags.json with the software for a game to read.

================
Second option: You can name files in the game like any of the tags + space + 0, tag + space + 1 and so on, doesn't really have to be one or zero, filenames like battle_sprite (1321).png or beach z.jpg will do. Do not create any tags.json files and you can use any of the Crazy WM packs/WM packs categories with their rules as well. Json file will be created by the game automatically.

I am going to get some sleep, good luck with your pack!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Ilikepuu

« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »
Thanks for the help.

Offline shirka

« Reply #430 on: March 29, 2014, 02:38:49 AM »
I tried installing the patch and running the game and came up with this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While executing init code:
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 3, in script
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 254, in python
OSError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/game/content/chars/.DS_Store'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/renpy/execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/renpy/ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/renpy/python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 254, in <module>
    for girlfolder in os.listdir(os.path.join(gamedir, "content", "chars", folder)):
OSError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/game/content/chars/.DS_Store'

Darwin-10.8.0-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:50:00 AM by shirka »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2014, 04:15:44 AM »
I tried installing the patch and running the game and came up with this:

While executing init code:
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 3, in script
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 254, in python

Full traceback:
  File "/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/renpy/execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/renpy/ast.py", line 732, in execute
  File "/Users/aaron/Downloads/PyTFall.part1.rar Folder/PyTFall-0.45-Alpha/renpy/python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 254, in <module>
    for girlfolder in os.listdir(os.path.join(gamedir, "content", "chars", folder)):

Darwin-10.8.0-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

.DS_Store is a Mac OSx thing that creates a foreign file to the game where game does not expect one. I never worked on Mac for any lengthy period of time so I am not sure how to get rid of that, the only thing I could do is (maybe) make sure that the game ignores it when the next patch comes out.

This is not patch related, your OS created that file and I did not expect such a thing :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »
DS_Store is hidden by default. If the game will ignore hidden files, it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Stockman

« Reply #433 on: March 29, 2014, 08:54:04 PM »
In the arena survival mode choosing a team screen, I can right click (trying to back out) to obtain the following error:

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 995, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1134, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1142, in python
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\rippe_000\Downloads\JDownloader\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Users\rippe_000\Downloads\JDownloader\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
  File "C:\Users\rippe_000\Downloads\JDownloader\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in <module>
    $ pytfall.arena.screen_loop()
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 995, in screen_loop
    self.check_before_chainfight()
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1134, in check_before_chainfight
    self.setup_chainfight()
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1142, in setup_chainfight
    self.cf_multi = self.cf_setup["multiplier"][0]

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #434 on: March 30, 2014, 04:11:19 AM »
In the arena survival mode choosing a team screen, I can right click (trying to back out) to obtain the following error:

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 995, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1134, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1142, in python

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\rippe_000\Downloads\JDownloader\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Users\rippe_000\Downloads\JDownloader\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
  File "C:\Users\rippe_000\Downloads\JDownloader\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in <module>
    $ pytfall.arena.screen_loop()
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 995, in screen_loop
    self.check_before_chainfight()
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1134, in check_before_chainfight
    self.setup_chainfight()
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1142, in setup_chainfight
    self.cf_multi = self.cf_setup["multiplier"][0]

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

Thanks, already reported on FP. I'll get rid of this today.
Like what we're doing?