devolution

Author Topic: New items concept  (Read 36228 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: New items concept
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
C'mon, most of those capes are 100% cartoonish. Have some standards, it's not DisneyFall ::)
I'd take only 3 of them. While there are literally hundreds of other items types in db, non cartoonish ones.

Matter of opinion, I threw couple of them into the game, they look great. But it's your call.

Let's clarify something. What skills do we have currently? Refinement and service I remember. Anything else?

At this moment, game will recognize:

anal
vaginal
oral
service
strip

But we never discussed this. I think we should add dancing and (possibly) split service or simply keep it as kind of a general skill and add bartending, cleaning and waiting (being a waitress).

I still don't understand how is that supposed to look, or how can we use it. Items already have descriptions, right?

My idea was to add text to the picture itself so we could use one icon for several similar items that only differ by level (and stats/skill VALUES that they provide). So for such items, we would now just show a picture but a picture together with a small text in the right, top corner of a picture. Same as amount of stackable items right now but in the top corner. It's not a must but an option...
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 12:25:14 PM »
Hi!
I'll just focus on the stuff that I have a relevant opinion for...
And we have hands slot, so sometimes you shouldn't be able to equip rings anyway, like with plate armor gloves.
I propose to combine hand and ring slots into one slot. Hand is hand, either you wear a ring or a glove.
Again, this could be solved with multi-slot items.

I kinda like this as a solution but really hate this as implementation.
I definitely see your point, I didn't consider the problems with auto-equip. Put it on the wishlist  :) .

It doesn't need to be logical, not everything in the game can be. It's a good, interesting slot with it's own "powers". Not mentioning code for it is already written.
[...]
Stats logic (imo) is quite good and already at place... I'd really prefer to keep it.
The thing is this: When I said that it's a hassle for the programmer and the player, I did keep in mind that it's already coded.
Still, it is hard to maintain in the long term on the programmer's side.
But even more important is that it's unintuitive for the player. Even the most complex, most well thought out system anyone can come up with is useless if the player doesn't want to deal with it.

The same goes for the item requirements. It's not that it doesn't work as it is, but it's terribly unintuitive for the player. A simple requirement would be a lot easier to understand and deal with.
Have fun!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »
So we need a list of skills before remaking items. Otherwise there are not enough changeable things. And as big one as possible at the current stage.

My idea was to add text to the picture itself so we could use one icon for several similar items that only differ by level (and stats/skill VALUES that they provide). So for such items, we would now just show a picture but a picture together with a small text in the right, top corner of a picture. Same as amount of stackable items right now but in the top corner. It's not a must but an option...
Wait, but many icons are quite small. And not because I resized them, they already were.
Unless by small text you mean 1-3 letters, there is no enough space.

As for the very idea of leveled items... Well, the idea is very common in arpgs like diablo. I'm not sure how well it will work in our case though. If you can make the process automatic, ie without me making multiple copies of the same item, I have no objections. Maybe something like 3 subtypes of items: worn out, normal and first-class.

===================================================================================================
There is another topic I want to discuss. It has a lot in common with items system, because items are the main difference here.
I'm talking about gender duality. My thoughts:

- It seems a popular option, it used in many games. Of course if we implement it fully, it will give us a lot work with little returns.

- In my opinion, its popularity is based on the wish to have a hot, pretty MC and, possibly, have some lesbian action too.

- To provide both without giving an option to select MC's gender, we could take OW approach, where the game basically has two main characters, MC and assistant. Though we use less of unique dialogues and more of simple content.

- One another thing that makes it useful is Lesbial trait. Doing something with a purely lesbian character for a male MC without paying for that is unrealistical. It's not a major issue, but it's an issue. Unless you feel like using that system from SM3 with floating sexual preferences.

I thought about it for some time, after we discussed it with someone about half a year ago. I had several ideas so far:
- a quest item to transform MC temporarily. We can say that the effect is short, so there is no need to rewrite all events, yet when needed it will be there.

- brother+sister main heroes. You select 2 characters in the beginning, you have two MCs with two inventories and either shared or separated stats.

- now, after I unpacked all items from Dungeons and Dolls, we have an option to build an android, just like in that game, by searching for more parts and special dresses in dungeons. She also could be an assistant who tells players how to play. It's a very powerful system, they even have sectional h-pictures for variously builded androids.

Note I'm not saying that we have to code it today or tomorrow, like Xela likes to assume sometimes.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 01:14:08 PM »
and if you need a one built im going to be making one for my game which with a simple change of the a text box can be used for other game

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 01:42:09 PM »
and if you need a one built im going to be making one for my game which with a simple change of the a text box can be used for other game

One what?

So we need a list of skills before remaking items. Otherwise there are not enough changeable things. And as big one as possible at the current stage.
Wait, but many icons are quite small. And not because I resized them, they already were.
Unless by small text you mean 1-3 letters, there is no enough space.

As for the very idea of leveled items... Well, the idea is very common in arpgs like diablo. I'm not sure how well it will work in our case though. If you can make the process automatic, ie without me making multiple copies of the same item, I have no objections. Maybe something like 3 subtypes of items: worn out, normal and first-class.

I did mean just a few letters, like LVL-1 or ULT (Ultimate). But you're prolly right, lets keep this option open for future reviews.

There is another topic I want to discuss. It has a lot in common with items system, because items are the main difference here.
I'm talking about gender duality. My thoughts:

- It seems a popular option, it used in many games. Of course if we implement it fully, it will give us a lot work with little returns.

- In my opinion, its popularity is based on the wish to have a hot, pretty MC and, possibly, have some lesbian action too.

- To provide both without giving an option to select MC's gender, we could take OW approach, where the game basically has two main characters, MC and assistant. Though we use less of unique dialogues and more of simple content.

- One another thing that makes it useful is Lesbial trait. Doing something with a purely lesbian character for a male MC without paying for that is unrealistical. It's not a major issue, but it's an issue. Unless you feel like using that system from SM3 with floating sexual preferences.

I thought about it for some time, after we discussed it with someone about half a year ago. I had several ideas so far:
- a quest item to transform MC temporarily. We can say that the effect is short, so there is no need to rewrite all events, yet when needed it will be there.

- brother+sister main heroes. You select 2 characters in the beginning, you have two MCs with two inventories and either shared or separated stats.

- now, after I unpacked all items from Dungeons and Dolls, we have an option to build an android, just like in that game, by searching for more parts and special dresses in dungeons. She also could be an assistant who tells players how to play. It's a very powerful system, they even have sectional h-pictures for variously builded androids.

Note I'm not saying that we have to code it today or tomorrow, like Xela likes to assume sometimes.

Genders are easier to add today than they were when we last talked about them. I think that was about the same time I suggested that we'll do a complete rewrite of the core-code because it was originally written for SimBro remake, later WM remake and later advanced resulting in a bit of a mess.

We have a lot of work atm and noone to provide content for male characters that I am aware of but we might introduce proper gender support at later points.

Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »
a Image Tagger
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 01:51:58 PM »
a Image Tagger

Dark and living are working on taggers but if yours is going to be moddable, the more the merrier :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »
mine will be ready to show ya in say 3 hours at the max, if you want it customized further just let me know and ill update it for you :) i offer to help for 2 reasongs
1) i love programming
2) i know it helps people when they can worry more about little crap then the large crap

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 03:53:24 PM »
I did mean just a few letters, like LVL-1 or ULT (Ultimate). But you're prolly right, lets keep this option open for future reviews.
No, you can go ahead and code that text, I will find a use for it. I'm just not sure about levels system.

noone to provide content for male characters
Mmm, content? I figured the differences between genders are inventory (female items instead of male ones) and actions in bed (lesbian only). That's how they do it in all h-games anyway  :)
Oh, and MC sprite, of course.

...though I'm beginning to like the idea of ripping android system from D&D. Even more than female MC option.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »
I have a request for items system. We could use a chest (perhaps in MC's house in terms of gui) that could storage any items just like MC himself, except quest ones to not mess with scripts. That will be a place for items that you don't want to sell and don't want in your inventory all the time.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
I have a request for items system. We could use a chest (perhaps in MC's house in terms of gui) that could storage any items just like MC himself, except quest ones to not mess with scripts. That will be a place for items that you don't want to sell and don't want in your inventory all the time.

Ok, I take a look at that as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
We lack an ability to simply give items to a girl from girls screen. Right now you can only do it via equipment, ie equip something then equip other item, in which case the first item will remain in her inventory.
It's a bit strange, don't you think?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 11:08:48 AM »
We lack an ability to simply give items to a girl from girls screen. Right now you can only do it via equipment, ie equip something then equip other item, in which case the first item will remain in her inventory.
It's a bit strange, don't you think?

That's what we have items transfer screen for.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 11:34:19 AM »
It doesn't have any filters. Good luck finding a one random girl when you have 100 per brothel and 5 brothels.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:56 PM »
It doesn't have any filters. Good luck finding a one random girl when you have 100 per brothel and 5 brothels.

You've been developing the game for two years and for 1.5 we had access to items transfer screen for just the mc and the girl from every girlsprofile screen... Now it looks like a sack thanks to Gismo. Before it was IT (Items Transfer). I know you're having trouble with those icons/buttons on top stripe but there are 6 or 7 of those in total, how hard can it really be to remember what they do?
Like what we're doing?