Author Topic: Catacomb danger levels  (Read 6793 times)

Offline Anon21

Catacomb danger levels
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:06:04 AM »
Hi folks, I'd like some feedback on my latest idea for a game tweak. Basically I'm thinking about splitting catacomb exploration into three danger levels. The further you go the more dangerous it is, and the greater the treasures are that you can bring back.

Level 1:
* Reduce rewards below current levels.
* No restrictions on who can explore here.
* Encounters are at standard danger levels.

Level 2:
* Standard level of rewards.
* Must have combat OR magic skills of 75+ (applies to gangs and girls). Gangs must have at least 10 members. Girls with ONLY magic skill 75+ will ALSO have to have mana of 20+
* Random generation of opponents will include a +25 bonus to combat and magic skill.

Level 3:
* Increased rewards.
* Gangs need not apply. Only skilled adventurers welcome. Combat OR magic skills of 150+ (requires girl level 10). Girls with ONLY magic skill 150+ will ALSO have to have mana of 40+
* Random generation of opponents will include a +90 bonus to combat and magic skill.

Exploration will automatically take place at the highest level that the gang / girl qualifies for. Text for events would also be altered with danger level.

Offline Cloud_firaga

Re: Catacomb danger levels
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:21:11 AM »
awesome Idea but it would be better if we could choose the max danger level like have a slider for it

and maybe get only special/unique girls in 2nd and 3rd levels
(with that idea maybe team catacomb adventuring like DnD type stuff, a party of 2-5 to stack stats and increase their chances)
How do you have the skill amounts set up now?? Like what's it maxed? I know it's not a % any more right?

maybe have a forth level that's unbeatable/unavailable unless they have incorporeal trait on

First reply oh yeah lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:26:06 AM by Cloud_firaga »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:47:42 AM »
awesome Idea but it would be better if we could choose the max danger level like have a slider for it

and maybe get only special/unique girls in 2nd and 3rd levels
(with that idea maybe team catacomb adventuring like DnD type stuff, a party of 2-5 to stack stats and increase their chances)
How do you have the skill amounts set up now?? Like what's it maxed? I know it's not a % any more right?

maybe have a forth level that's unbeatable/unavailable unless they have incorporeal trait on

Hmm, OK, I can see some good stuff there.  Choosing max danger would be nice, I agree. You'd have to be more 'hands on' in managing the girls though and I'm not sure what other players think of that. I'd also have to mess with the Girl Details screen or something.

The skill stuff I'm still finalising / testing. At present the 'stat cap' is 100 + 2 * level. (Max girl level is 30, btw, anybody ever get that high?). The 'skill cap' is 100 + 5 * level.

I don't really like the 'incorporeal' trait. 1) That's not what the word means. :-P 2) Waaay, overpowered. So I'm not keen on emphasising its existence.

Limiting unique girls to 2nd / 3rd danger levels isn't a bad idea. I might use that.

Joining up groups of girls to explore sounds eminently sensible, but it would make job management  fiddly and it's probably more than I want to handle on this time around.  Maybe later, if I go ahead with this lot now.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:17:39 PM »
I like it.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
OK - first version going up in my general thread now.  :)

Offline Geron

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »
Can 'party' dungeon splunking be done similar as 'Practice Skills'?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
Hi folks, I'd like some feedback on my latest idea for a game tweak. Basically I'm thinking about splitting catacomb exploration into three danger levels. The further you go the more dangerous it is, and the greater the treasures are that you can bring back.

Level 1:
* Reduce rewards below current levels.
* No restrictions on who can explore here.
* Encounters are at standard danger levels.

Level 2:
* Standard level of rewards.
* Must have combat OR magic skills of 75+ (applies to gangs and girls). Gangs must have at least 10 members. Girls with ONLY magic skill 75+ will ALSO have to have mana of 20+
* Random generation of opponents will include a +25 bonus to combat and magic skill.

Level 3:
* Increased rewards.
* Gangs need not apply. Only skilled adventurers welcome. Combat OR magic skills of 150+ (requires girl level 10). Girls with ONLY magic skill 150+ will ALSO have to have mana of 40+
* Random generation of opponents will include a +90 bonus to combat and magic skill.

Exploration will automatically take place at the highest level that the gang / girl qualifies for. Text for events would also be altered with danger level.

Awesome idea in every way!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »
Even though I still don't have time lately to check into updates for WM:
Nice.  :)

Offline Cloud_firaga

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »

that's kind of the idea I was going for (guess I didn't mention it sry)

Offline Anon21

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »

Oh, hey I missed that. Something along those lines could work. I make no promises, though. I'm always thinking of stuff I'd like to do but I don't have much time.

Offline Talonine

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
Level 3 should also disable incorporial

Offline Anon21

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »
Level 3 should also disable incorporial

I don't know. I think if you dislike incorporeal (and I do) it would be better to nerf the trait as a whole.  For example you could make it so that instead of being an instant ticket to win it means that half the attacks done to an incorporeal being go straight through with no damage.  It would still be a powerful trait, but not so overwhelming as it is.

Offline Cloud_firaga

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 07:04:01 AM »
half the attacks done to an incorporeal being go straight through with no damage

That's a lot better so a 50% chance that they wouldn't get hit.

maybe the flip side of it would add a 50% chance to not hit the opponent too (supposedly it takes loads of concentration to become semi solid again)

while on the subject maybe make it so incorporeals can't do a lot of jobs like normal girls. if you make one a torturer she haunts them instead of beating them so mental vs physical anguish.
another Idea is for like a lookout job (maybe call it Scout) so it helps with the security, lets the girl/gang know somethings coming and get a circumstance bonus (get into position, pre-emptive charge, ect)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
Incorporeal is a an odd trait, but you can always forgo using it if you dislike it.
Like what we're doing?