Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025903 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #1020 on: May 31, 2014, 07:36:14 PM »
I found no problems in those files.
What version of the game are you using?

More to the point, how is it actually crashing?
Does it not load? or does it crash after playing it?

Delete your current gamelog.txt file, start a new game and if it crashes again, attach the gamelog.

The more details the better.

Or start over.
Download version .05o and extract it to a new location.
Then copy the files from your old .\Resources\Characters folder to the new one from .05o
Try to run the game and start a new game.
If it works then slowly move your old stuff to the new folder.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:39:36 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline dr678diablo

« Reply #1021 on: May 31, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »
right now im using 5n.02 I m also using that age limit reduction that was posted earlier but! it crashes the same way with out it.

it crashes upon starting a new game when it is suppose to be loading all the girls. Wont actually let me in the new game. here is the crash log

had to compress the file

Ill try the new version but i had the old verson working befor i added abunch of more files.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:50:38 PM by dr678diablo »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1022 on: May 31, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »
Looks like you have a corrupt ani file
The game can have difficulties handling animated images
Check in the folder for Hatsune Miku and see if there are any text or xml or ani files
Or if the file called "Sex1.jpg" is missing or is corrupt

Another way to test if it is the girlsx or rgirlsx files is to only have those in the Characters folder
Do not have any subfolders with pictures in there.
The game will not have pictures, but you can do that to test just the  (r)girlsx files.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:08:56 PM by aevojoey »

Offline dr678diablo

« Reply #1023 on: May 31, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »
Looks like you have a corrupt ani file
The game can have difficulties handling animated images
Check in the folder for Hatsune Miku and see if there are any text or xml or ani files
Or if the file called "Sex1.jpg" is missing or is corrupt
yeah i see some ani's i think i can just remove them huh?

i know what to do now thanks. You was a big help also do you think that age limit mod will work with new versions .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:10:58 PM by dr678diablo »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1024 on: June 01, 2014, 12:31:02 PM »
Updated to .05o.03 here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27725#msg27725

do you think that age limit mod will work with new versions .
I have no connection with whoever does that mod.
I personally do not care about it.
However, where I live the legal age is 18, therefor any and all versions I put out will have the 18 age restrictions.

Just to clarify any copyright checks: None of the versions I put out will have any pictures other than the ones in the .\Resources\Buttons and .\Resources\Images which have been in the game long before I got here.
If I ever create my own images, I release them freely under the GNU General Public License.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:14:01 PM by aevojoey »

Offline testyTom

« Reply #1025 on: June 02, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »
First post, but I'm big fan of your mod.  Since you got around to increasing the room limit on brothels, could you also increase the item pool limit from 300?  Items beyond that are just ignored and not added to the pool.  I've looked at your code, and it looks like all you need to do is change MAXNUM_INVENTORY from 300 to something higher in Constants.h.  Similarly, the maximum number of an item type you can have is 255.  This is a little harder to fix, since it looks like that limit is hard-coded by each function that adds items, but I believe if you remove the if statements of the form

if(g_Brothels.m_NumItem[local variable here] >= 254)

it might work.  I don't know if there's a byte size limit on the size of m_NumItem, but hopefully that would do it.  References to this type of statement appear in cgamescript.cpp, cgangs.cpp, cinventory.cpp, and workexplorecatacombs.cpp.  I'd honestly make all these changes myself but last I checked the source code was still on the release version of n

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1026 on: June 02, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »
Since you got around to increasing the room limit on brothels, could you also increase the item pool limit from 300?
3000 should be enough

Similarly, the maximum number of an item type you can have is 255.
999 of each item before it will make a new line for that item

Both are in .05o.04

edit:
I just purchased the Studio, but it didn't work until the 3rd time, but I'm now also the proud owner of the Clinic and the Centre. I'm assuming this is a bug.
Edit; I tried to recreate this, first time it only bought the Clinic before I got the Studio, and the 2nd time I got the Studio right away...
Ok, I just had this happen to me and I worked out how and why it happens.

It is fixed in .05o.05
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:51:36 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Drugas

« Reply #1027 on: June 02, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »
For developing children, child age resets to 0 after 255 weeks.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1028 on: June 02, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
For developing children, child age resets to 0 after 255 weeks.
The magic of the world the game takes place in causes children to grow up much faster.

In the original code, children age up to age 18 in 60 weeks.
The game loads the time from your config.xml file <Pregnancy ... WeeksTillGrown = "#" ... >
If you set aging to the real world amount of 936 weeks, it would not work. (Anything over 254 weeks would not work)

Found it and fixed it.
You will now be able to set it up to 32k weeks (615 years) if you heart so desires. (No, I will  not make it longer  :P )
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:50:37 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Drugas

« Reply #1029 on: June 02, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »
The magic of the world the game takes place in causes children to grow up much faster.
That justifies a reply, but I am not quite sure exactly what sort, so picture an image of a kitten playing Jenga and we'll call it even.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1030 on: June 02, 2014, 09:49:48 PM »
That justifies a reply, but I am not quite sure exactly what sort, so picture an image of a kitten playing Jenga and we'll call it even.
That was supposed to be the preface to the answer but ok - http://youtu.be/GyeCXrUuFmk  :D

Either way, it is fixed in version .05o.05 here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27725#msg27725

Offline ElvisLives27536

« Reply #1031 on: June 04, 2014, 11:55:27 PM »
I've been away from this game and recently come back to check on where the updates have taken it. Crazy it's awesome of you to continue working on this for so long.

But I've got a couple of questions for anyone who might know the answer:

Was the fact that the traits gained from torturing were temporary ever fixed in Crazy's Mod? This bug existed in vanilla where any trait gained from torturing was removed after 20 weeks.

What does the TortureTraitWeekMod do exactly? It say's it's multiplied by the number of weeks a girl has been in the dungeon, but what's the formula it's using to generate a trait?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:52:15 AM by ElvisLives27536 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1032 on: June 05, 2014, 01:04:37 AM »
Was the fact that the traits gained from torturing were temporary ever fixed in Crazy's Mod? This bug existed in vanilla where any trait gained from torturing was removed after 20 weeks.

What does the TortureTraitWeekMod do exactly? It say's it's multiplied by the number of weeks a girl has been in the dungeon, but what's the formula it's using to generate a trait? I assume it's some small percentage chance each torture for a trait to be gained because setting TortureTraitWeekMod to 100 doesn't seem to change the number of weeks all that much, if at all.
I have not looked at the torture section of the game much but giving it a quick look over:

By the looks of it, 3 traits are meant to be temporary:
 - If both her spirit and health go below 20, she gets "Broken Will" for (5 + (nWeekMod/ 2)) weeks.
 - If her bdsm skill is above 30, she gets "Masochist" for  (10 + nWeekMod) weeks.
 - If her health goes below 10, she gets "Mind Fucked" for (10 + nWeekMod) weeks.
Where nWeekMod = TortureTraitWeekMod  * (the number of weeks she has been in the dungeon)

First do basic torture damage:
if health is greater than 10:
    health -5, happiness -5, constitution +1, confidence -5, obedience +10, spirit -5, tiredness -5, pchate +3, pclove -5, pcfear +7, bdsm +1
otherwise do safer torture:
     happiness -2, confidence -2, obedience +4, spirit -2, tiredness -2, pchate +1, pclove -2, pcfear +3

Then check if she gets badly injured from the torture:
If she has "Incorporeal" she can not get injured, therefore she will not get any of the trait changes or end a pregnancy.
 - If she has "Fragile" 6%
 - If she has "Tough" 1%
 - otherwise 3%

If she did get badly injured, what form did that take?
 - First she looses 5-14 health

Then each of these checks are made:
 - Chance to gain one of "Horrific Scars", "Small Scars" or "Cool Scars" if she currently has no scars:
 -  - If she has "Fragile" 6%
 -  - If she has "Tough" 2%
 -  - Otherwise 3%

- Chance to loose an eye and get either "One Eye" or "Eye Patch":
 -  - If she has "Fragile" 3%
 -  - Otherwise 1%

- Chance to get "Fragile":  1%
 - I am going to change this to include the chance to loose "Tough", also at 1%, in version .05p

- Chance to end humanoid pregnancy from torture (Pregnant or Pregnant by Player):
 -  - If she has "Fragile" 12%
 -  - If she has "Tough" 2%
 -  - Otherwise 6%

- (Also to be added in .05p) Chance to end beast pregnancy from torture (Insemination):
 -  - If she has "Fragile" 6%
 -  - If she has "Tough" 1%
 -  - Otherwise 3%

"Horrific Scars", "Small Scars", "Cool Scars", "One Eye", "Eye Patch" and "Fragile" are all permanent.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:44:54 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Drugas

« Reply #1033 on: June 05, 2014, 04:22:41 AM »
My slave girl dealers are always taking a cut of the money even though I got a gang watching the girls and house percentage 100%

Is this how it should be?

Offline Brozita

« Reply #1034 on: June 05, 2014, 04:39:14 AM »
By the looks of it, 3 traits are meant to be temporary:
 - If both her spirit and health go below 20, she gets "Broken Will" for (5 + (nWeekMod/ 2)) weeks.
 - If her bdsm skill is above 30, she gets "Masochist" for  (10 + nWeekMod) weeks.
 - If her health goes below 10, she gets "Mind Fucked" for (10 + nWeekMod) weeks.
Where nWeekMod = TortureTraitWeekMod  * (the number of weeks she has been in the dungeon)

Well now I know why my girls suddenly aren't as obedient anymore... Any chance of this being made permanent?