devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025184 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
Hello!
Could anyone help me?
I've downloaded the crazys mod .05b and  the SC crazys mod .05 on the 1st post.
Then I unrar them and copy the all the file in the .05 into .05b.
Start the game and whenever I click the brothel setup button, the game crashed.
"The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x7858ccb5"
What am I doing wrong? :'(
Thanks in advance.
Problem is you don't need the SC its for people who want to code off my version..  Just get .05b and you should be good to go.  Is what you have done is deleted .05bs brothel setup screen which is updated from the .05 screen.  So just get a fresh dl of .05b and only .05b and you should be fine.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2012, 12:34:00 AM »
Thanks for your great work on modding my favorite work again.
I've tested your latest version and i think its the best mod ever.

Some Failures I found out:
If you cange the starting gold ( using the WMEdit ) the game crashes.

You've said that you've implementated MAST -pics . Could you please implemente the function "have Mast" into the Script Editor . that would be great.

The best changing of the earlier WMexmod was the ability to run through the work of each girl by using the left/right arrow insted of clicking each entree with the mousse-button.
Please, implementate this too. The code should be somewhere in the WMex thread. Even when you are playing with many girls its much more comfortable.

Finally , just for a better understanding . Would you be so kind and edit your first thread and list all kind of pics you would like to implementate into the game ?
What will be the difference between Ecchi, strip and nude in your mod ?

Kind Regards
HuiBui

Heyya, I felt exactly the same way about the arrow keys... so that is in fact what I have spent the last two weeks working on. I have those working just like the EX version now.. plus quite a few more enhancements... I have made two sets of hotkeys that you can chose from. One being the old style with a few changes (such as the arrow keys) the other one is designed so you can basically use the WASD keys plus a few others for the same things... the idea being that you can play most of the game with one hand (left hand) for those like me who know why we play this. Some screens have been more heavily worked than others. The turn summary screen got the most work over (You can scroll every list box now, and the space key changes the current pic to another random one from the same gallery). And a couple have not had any changes yet because they are rarely used, and are pretty much button only (such as the mayor's office). I will get to those ones later.

If that sounds overwhelming.. the good news is I added a universal hot key (the 0 key) which shows a help menu listing all the hot keys for whichever screen you are currently looking at.

Starting gold should be changed in the config.xml file which is located in the Resources\Data folder. (That is player starting gold by the way, not girls starting gold).

My portion of the next release should be done by this weekend (I hope).. so we should have a new version coming out pretty soon..
Next version should be addressing game balance some (right now the game is too easy... thus boring). I will be re-working the way Jobs work behind the scenes some (a little closer to the EX-mod, but not as extreme). At which time we will start also looking closer at how much things should cost etc.. to make the game a bit more challenging.

I have not looked very closely at the picture implementation yet, but I suspect there is a minor bug which is causing strip/peep/echii to default to a profile picture if none is available.. but I am not sure about that yet.

More to come
--PP

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:05 AM »
Sounds great!!

Starting gold should be changed in the config.xml file which is located in the Resources\Data folder. (That is player starting gold by the way, not girls starting gold).

I did this of course. But when I started a new game the game always crashed. ( On the main screen the three new buttons  for Arena , etc.. don't exist anymore)

About the minor bug ( not correctly default Pics shown ) I never played a WM mod where that works fine . As far as i remember always the "sex"pic was shown.

Kind regards

HuiBui

Offline darkvahl

« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »
I have the same problem as huibui.

not only editing money, if you try to edit anything in the config.xml the game crashes.

one more thing. why I can't manage my girls inventory when I put them in other places besides the brothel.
each time I want to give something to a girl, I have to transfer them back to the brothel and back again. its kinda annoying.
plus when I select a girl detail in the other places when i click next it will show the girl in brothel.

e.g : Girl A and B in the center, girl C in the brothel. when I select the girl A detail then click next girl, girl C appear not girl B.

the first time I transfer girl from the brothel to the center I think it work fine but when you transfer them back and forth to manage their inventory this will happen.

Is this a known or new bug?

If i play the original WM, when you select manage inventory in brother A it will show the girls in brothel A only + dungeon and if its brothel B, it will be brothel B girls + dungeon.

Please see what you guys can do about this.

Thanks a million!!!!!!! :)

Offline dpman03

« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2012, 09:36:38 PM »
I have the same problem as huibui.

not only editing money, if you try to edit anything in the config.xml the game crashes.

What program are you using to edit the file?  Some text editors are bad to change the encoding of a file when it's saved.  I'd recommend using Notepad++ for just about any type of text-based file.  I've used it repeatedly with various XML files related to the game.

You can get it from the Sourceforge project link here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

If that doesn't help, you might try verifying that you can edit the config file in the vanilla game.  That way you'll at least know if it's related to the mod.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:40:35 PM by dpman03 »

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2012, 11:44:06 PM »
darkvahl: one more thing. why I can't manage my girls inventory when I put them in other places besides the brothel.
each time I want to give something to a girl, I have to transfer them back to the brothel and back again. its kinda annoying.
plus when I select a girl detail in the other places when i click next it will show the girl in brothel.This is a known bug, there are several problems with girls in the new buildings still, some will be fixed on the next release, I think I already fixed the next girl bug, but not the item transfer bug.. I will have to take a look at that screen again. A lot of the problems that the new buildings have are caused by the fact that they share both screens and code with some of the old buildings. The filters are missing, or wrong in several places that lets the code know which building it is dealing with. I will take a look at it soon.dpman03: What program are you using to edit the file?  Some text editors are bad to change the encoding of a file when it's saved.  I'd recommend using Notepad++ for just about any type of text-based file.  I've used it repeatedly with various XML files related to the game.Agreed with what he says here, I tried doing the same edit, changed starting gold to 2000. And it worked fine. I strongly advise just using a text editor to change the xml files. Notepad++ being a an excellent choice, and it's free too :)

HuiBui: About the minor bug ( not correctly default Pics shown ) I never played a WM mod where that works fine . As far as i remember always the "sex"pic was shown.
Yes, the game usually defaults to the sex pics or profile pics if it cant find the one it is looking for... depending on what kind the original pic was. Making this work smarter is on my to do list.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2012, 11:47:40 PM »
Oh, forgot to mention, new version should be coming out soon, I am sending my work to Crazy either tonight or tomorrow depending on free time. But it will probably take him a little while to merge the code since I have made quite a large number of changes for the upcoming release. Mostly just bug fixes and minor tweaks on my end, but still a large amount of code to merge.
--PP

Offline akab

« Reply #412 on: November 18, 2012, 05:42:08 AM »

Thank you for your contribution.
(Only a suggestion)
If you can update the status of "what you need" maybe you could get some help ... if not for the next release, maybe for the next one.

Offline crazy

« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »
If you can update the status of "what you need" maybe you could get some help ... if not for the next release, maybe for the next one.
I'll look at doing some kinda of update like that.  I also really need to redo the whole 1st post make it easier to read and list all the changes in it.

New version will be out tonight.  PP really did some amazing work for this release and can't wait to get it out to everyone.  We are going shoot for around a once a month release with bug fix patchs as needed.  I don't know how much we will have done every month but hopefully it will be some new stuff every time.

Offline crazy

« Reply #414 on: November 20, 2012, 12:32:48 AM »
Okay here is the new version .05c http://www.mediafire.com/?zv381aypmuxfnz6
A lot of new stuff this time.
New screen for movie studio and player house
Arena tryout type deal for movies and clinic
2 of the centre jobs are done
All the jobs I was planning on reworking are reworked alittle bit at least.
Oral will no longer start at 100 if you haven't sit it in the girlx file instead it will start at a lower number.
you can now give items to girls in other buildings
Hotkey have been reworked...  I'll do a better write up of this later but for now just hit the 0 key for a help menu
When giving gifts to girls they now say different things based on there feeling towards you.
Many bug fixes

I'm sure I'm missing stuff and will edit this when I remember them.  Also going look at rewriting the 1st post to better let people know whats in the game.
One thing if you are using an old save that you used the Centre you will need to go in and reset the jobs or the game will just crash when you hit next week.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:45:27 AM by crazy »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2012, 02:46:46 AM »
Great job, I'm glad that you're still working at it! This is becoming a great mod fast, can't wait for it to get to 1.0 :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2012, 04:01:39 AM »
Great job, I'm glad that you're still working at it! This is becoming a great mod fast, can't wait for it to get to 1.0 :)
Thanks with PP's help it will be a whole lot better then what I could have done alone.  If you got time to make some new buttons let me know I could use a few.

Offline darkvahl

« Reply #417 on: November 20, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
What program are you using to edit the file?  Some text editors are bad to change the encoding of a file when it's saved.  I'd recommend using Notepad++ for just about any type of text-based file.  I've used it repeatedly with various XML files related to the game.

Hello again.

I use the wm editor in the doc & tools folder to edit the config. That editor made the game crash. So I used a free xml editor I downloaded over the net and now everything is fine.

Gotta download the new update and try it.

Thanks for the help from everyone. Its been rough not being able to use this site.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #418 on: November 20, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
Thanks with PP's help it will be a whole lot better then what I could have done alone.  If you got time to make some new buttons let me know I could use a few.

Just PM me what you need. I'll have to install photoshop (I reinstalled Windows) but it will not take to long.

I still have wood skin but there is not point in editing it now since your guys are bound to change/add/edit screens a bunch of times before official release of the pack.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #419 on: November 22, 2012, 12:45:59 AM »
Got a question about an image category. Are you still planning to make something of the "Bunny" images you talked about way back when? :o
Just curious if i should keep adding images to that or if its something you've scrapped?

Keep up the good work fellas.