devolution

Author Topic: Thoughts for new WM game  (Read 5551 times)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
Thoughts for new WM game
« on: December 31, 2016, 01:11:43 AM »
So Currently working on a game (WM: New World) it will be completely different from wm.

Currently some questions i would like your thoughts on

• Turn base vs Real Time
Keep checking in. i will be adding more questions as i think of them
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline _rhetorik_

Re: Thoughts for new WM game
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:55:52 PM »
I don't think making a game like WM real time would be a good move. But it could make use of a kinda hybrid system.

One of the major problems of WM is that we don't really have a reason to have more slaves.

Something that i would like to see is some sort of timed missions for slaves to reach something. Imagine WM's "Interact with" menu like missions but timed (or even multi-turn). Thouse could require an specific kind of slave to open certain building or to progress some history ...

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »
so like have 5 high combat and/or 5 high magic girls to unlock the Arena
have 4 undead girls to unlock the Necromancers tower

things like that?
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:18:28 PM »
so like have 5 high combat and/or 5 high magic girls to unlock the Arena
have 4 undead girls to unlock the Necromancers tower

things like that?

In a way, but not so directly ... like you need 5 girls with high combat to go on a mission and that missions unlock the arena .... It is almost the same thing but I believe it adds a bit more depth.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »
Sounds cool. BTW wanted to release a few little bits of info about the game

1) the game allows for (ATM only male/female, but will expand to allow all genders) to be slaves
2) gangs will be made up of slaves/free people, and will not be open till much later in the game
3) jobs like security will play more parts in the game then currently.
4) all buildings will have security type jobs

Offline Romanul

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 04:17:02 AM »
I prefer turn based games in general, especially when it comes to XXX games.

Offline Jaxter

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
I feel the gains from realtime does not outweigh the ease-of-use of turnbasedness.
And you may want to look into the "No Haven" RAGS game for inspiration on how gangs can be done. Although I'd like to add that it gets annoying when you have too many henchmen.

The prospects of breathing new life into the project sounds good. And in effort to assist my 5cents on what makes WM a good application is its moddability, and ease-of-use. Without wanting to hamper your creative efforts for your own project.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
I feel the gains from realtime does not outweigh the ease-of-use of turnbasedness.
And you may want to look into the "No Haven" RAGS game for inspiration on how gangs can be done. Although I'd like to add that it gets annoying when you have too many henchmen.

The prospects of breathing new life into the project sounds good. And in effort to assist my 5cents on what makes WM a good application is its moddability, and ease-of-use. Without wanting to hamper your creative efforts for your own project.

I'm planning on keeping it just as moddable if not more so, and ease of use will be about the same with few limits

1) cant custommize game screens (at least not till later in development)
2) cant change the fonts used unless you have an understanding of monogame

the first one is mostly because the screens and controls use the game configuration to know where to be placed
The second one is due to limitations with monogame (which if i can get far enough to open patreon i plan on removing that restriction)

Offline Nightwolf

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:06 PM »
1. The ability to choose your gender (i.e. Male, female, or herm) and maybe race.
2. I would keep it turn based.
3. Be able to create your own gang with your slaves/employees.
4. The ability to interact with your slaves/employees outside the dungeon.
5. Be able to go in the catacombs to look for slaves and  treasure.

Offline blueravenarmy

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 10:05:19 AM »
I think it would be a good idea to add more things for the player to do. such as negotiations with rivals or slave marketers, gaining reputation with nobles by going to parties, fighting challengers in the arena, going on quests.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 02:37:16 AM »
As much as I am enthusiastic, I can't help but wonder - is your game going to use the same image sorting format? Because having to remake  100's of packs and pictures would just suck.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 02:03:39 PM »
It wouldn't suck. It wouldn't happen, as far as I am concerned.