devolution

Author Topic: Looking for newest / stable version / information  (Read 3287 times)

Offline BeyondRepair

Looking for newest / stable version / information
« on: November 17, 2014, 03:23:40 AM »
Hello, hello.
Nearly 2 years ago, I made a certain post;
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1028.msg17448#msg17448

I haven't been on this forum or played WM since then.

I've continued playing around with WM itself, I gave up on trying to edit things that would require more extensive knowledge and instead tried to focus on what I could edit.
I've been quite busy with work but still managed some stuff; over 200 complete girlpacks & ETC from many anime / manga / series / visual novel / eroge / etc.

While these are things anyone is capable of doing, I think I placed in more effort then other people in this regard.
I firmly believe the ones I made with what I had available are the best if not among the best;

- No duplicate images
- Scavenged most available sources
- Converted all to JPG without lost of quality to reduce file size
- Properly labeled to most if not complete extent
- Removed some unnecessary parts to some images
I came back to check this forum out to download WM again as I've only been making girl packs without actually playing the game at all.
And now I see that there are many other versions of WM and I haven't a clue where to start start looking.
What I'm looking for is the most stable / newest version of WM to use as a base to fix up all my current existing girl packs and to create more new ones.
As the current girl packs I've made only use the following labels; Anal, BDSM, Les, Ecchi, Oral, Group, Sex, Profile.

Here are a few examples from top series to minor series; All made for 2012 versions of WM.
Hyuuga Hinata from Naruto, Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario to Vampire and Yuriko Aoki from Bakuman.
https://mega.co.nz/#!ctQkXbZB!5DRtXrkrniDPA9t2kTC7lWZLJzY6xXUquDfhgIyFqLY

I also made a custom item list incorporating anime / manga 'items' using old existing traits but now I also want to make custom traits or edit it even further / things I can do without learning how to code / script / etc.
This is a preview of a small list of custom items I made, proper prices haven't been added in yet as I haven't got to balancing that out.
 I included atleast one item or more from every series with proper description and possible traits.
http://i.imgur.com/8v3a0Xa.png

In simple terms I want to provide what I can provide / the best for the best version / game here - that is based on the same concept and uses girl packs / custom items / etc.
If you are a developer for WM and reading this, what I want to know is basically if there is anything I need to look out for when making / editing old / future girl packs / item list.
And if there is anything else I can edit / create / help with.. without any extensive knowledge.
I am pretty creative and dedicated, not that any of this shows it yet.  ;D

TL;DR - I love this game and how versatile / original it is and how it contains adult elements that doesn't ruin the actual gameplay.
You provide me tools and a base and I provide high quality goods.
Also looking for information / is there anything else I should know.
Currently checking out PyTFall.
EDIT: Played for 5 minutes and PyTFall looks AMAZING.

If I am a nuisance / getting carried away, please just ignore this whole thing.

Also for fun I made a gang list for the old WM.
Akatsuki
Al-Thamen
Ala Alba
Ala Rubra
Allied Shinobi Forces
Anteiku
Big Mom Pirates
Bishokukai
Black Forest Defense
Black Order
Blackbeard Pirates
Chevalier
Eden
Elements Network
Fairy Tail
Fragments of Chaos
Genesis
Goteijusantai
Heavenly Way School
Hero Association
Hunters Association
Ishiyama High
Knight of Rounds
Knights of the Blood
Kogarasumaru
Kou Empire
Lukedonia
Mages Association
Martial Arts Alliance
Odd Squad
Opion
Order of Black Knights
Phantom Troupe
Red Hair Pirates
Ryozanpaku
Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Seas Alliance
Shichibukai
Shinpaku Alliance
Shuzen Family
Sleeping Forest
Soldiers Under Command
Straw Hat Pirates
Sun-Woo Clan
Sunken Rock
Temple Mercenaries
The Dollars
The Union
Vindice
Vongola Familia
Wilds High
Wolhaiksong
World Government
Yokai Academy
Yonko
Yorozuya
Z Warriors
Zahard Empire
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:32:14 AM by BeyondRepair »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Looking for newest / stable version / information
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:56:40 AM »
Lots of info to give but I type slow so check back a couple of times to see my updates.
My brain works in a strange way so sometimes my thoughts can be in disorder until I rewrite them a few times.

The most recent version of the game can always be found here - Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.15
The thread name will be updated with the version number when a new version is put out.
The first post in the thread will have the download link as well as links to the changes.
It also contains important info in yellow and warnings in red.

Farther down on that thread is the list of the older version of the game that I put out along with links to the changes that were made for that version.
Below that is the list of Image Names that the game will recognize

I see you have already found WME.0.8.14, that is currently the most up to date editor for (r)girlsx files, itemsx files and the game config.xml.
There are a few things that still need to be added to WME and the new trait section needs a bit of a reworking to make it run smoother.

Traits are currently not customizable in so far as their effect on the game goes.
You can create you own Trait names however they will only be names, they will have no effect on how the game runs.
All the traits in the default CoreTraits.traitsx file are coded into the game but most of the new traits do not do anything yet.
In time, the traits will be fully customizable. When that gets worked in, WME will be used to customize them.

I am currently working on fully replacing the graphics handling in the game to bring it up to date with the latest SDL2.0 capabilities.
This will be taking most of my time until it works so I will be releasing fewer updates than I would like to.
When I get in a programming zone I can push out a few updates a week, but when my brain crashes, I can go a month without a new version.
I try to keep the forum up to date with what I am doing but its not really detailed sometimes.

I only work on WM and I don't think I even tried PyTFal.
Actually, I barely play WM much anymore, mostly just testing to make sure it works.
I get more enjoyment out of the challenge of figuring out how to make it work better.
Before I started with this, I had never programmed with c++, now I am trying to rewrite the game almost from scratch.

To me, responding with "TL;DR" is rude and I will never do it.
I try to respond as best I can, but the way my brain works, it sometimes takes a few additions and corrections to get my point across in an understandable way.
I have no problems with receiving criticism and it is almost impossible to offend me.
If you have a suggestion, comment, complaint or just a stray thought on how to make the game better, I'll read it and see what I can do.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:28:17 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Jacko

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »
The newest version really isn't playable, imo. There are too many gameplay bugs involved. Things like brothel restrictions not working, girls not buying items, etc., have made me revert to 6.06. It seems like things work okay in that version, although it is still a work in progress. It sucks because you don't get a lot of the cool new features, but certain things are game breaking for me in the new versions.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »
The newest version really isn't playable, imo. There are too many gameplay bugs involved. Things like brothel restrictions not working, girls not buying items, etc., have made me revert to 6.06. It seems like things work okay in that version, although it is still a work in progress. It sucks because you don't get a lot of the cool new features, but certain things are game breaking for me in the new versions.
I have reenabled most of the free time options that were disabled so the girls should be able to go shopping during free time.
Shopping is just one of many options available to the girls during their free time so they may not always go shopping.

I am going to go over the brothel restrictions again and when I finish that I will push the next version.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Jacko

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 05:53:15 AM »
I have reenabled most of the free time options that were disabled so the girls should be able to go shopping during free time.
Shopping is just one of many options available to the girls during their free time so they may not always go shopping.

I am going to go over the brothel restrictions again and when I finish that I will push the next version.

Cool, looking forward to it.