Poll

Which tile size better to use

64px
3 (75%)
128px
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 10, 2015, 07:15:38 AM

Author Topic: Sim Red Light Town RT (should be stable build)  (Read 85663 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Sim Red Light Town(current title) Project Begins (Poll Added 2015-11-30)
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2016, 09:04:04 AM »
Well, it looks very nice. Also weird due to lack of hair  :)

Offline dullman

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:10 AM »
Well, it looks very nice. Also weird due to lack of hair  :)
She shaved her head from shame :P

But to be serious I have few hairstyle remained from old projects so would probably reuse them, but now i didn't want to make file too big to use (like having 100 layers in file is too much for using and creating new ones). But what I currently need to do is to create basic animation for sex and maybe for other jobs, but truthfully for other jobs it seems the static sprite art would be enough since what animation to do when character is singing. And after that i need to recreate clothes and animation for every possible combination of genders in job.

Offline dullman

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2016, 01:40:42 PM »
I have sad information, it seems that loading and creating texture from multiple parts is time consuming (I mean only alpha blending takes much more time than loading from file) with only five pieces i get 0.5 sec loading and i didn't even apply custom colors to skin/eyes, So truthfully i can imagine that fully equipped character would load in about 5 sec and naked characters in sex pose 2sec, which is unacceptable for me, so until i do get a bright idea how to resolve this I must return to the state where i consider every option for art.

Offline dullman

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2016, 09:09:08 AM »
I have sad information, it seems that loading and creating texture from multiple parts is time consuming (I mean only alpha blending takes much more time than loading from file) with only five pieces i get 0.5 sec loading and i didn't even apply custom colors to skin/eyes, So truthfully i can imagine that fully equipped character would load in about 5 sec and naked characters in sex pose 2sec, which is unacceptable for me, so until i do get a bright idea how to resolve this I must return to the state where i consider every option for art.

quoted information is not actual after dozens of hours spending with trying to get it run faster i found a method which actually works and loading sample sprite in no more than 0.1sec (but usually 60-70% of that). It was different approach which required from me to find one ready shader (since i do not know how to write shaders myself and i couldn't find any tutorials). The approach is simple and yet complicated instead modify texture manual we render texture with shader which is used to colorize item/sprite, then takes a snapshot and save to new texture. Those steps are repeated until we run out of texture to blend together (or in our case spritesheet).
Basically this approach use GPU instead of CPU, so the most time consuming process is actually loading textures from files.

Offline dullman

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2016, 12:18:48 PM »
So as to regard to answer unasked question what's new (Can i dream that there is someone who is interested in my game?) I might say that i successfully implement creating spritesheet for pose/animations during runtime which should not slow down game too much. As for idle pose it will be displayed on main screen besides characters list, and it include sprites for equipped items, as for other animation by default it will try not include any equipped items unless we specifically create a spritesheet for this item in this pose/animation. It is made this way because i feel the main approach (at least in the beginning) will be for sex animation and this will look better naked.
Whilst hairs, body and eyes can have a different colors even if they are the same "item" (not exactly but when display i treat them the same as item), so if we choose red hairs, blue eyes and african skin tone we get a sprite with this colors, but items can only have one defined color, why?? Simply items are stackable bunch so if i wanted to keep information of color i would need either some trick or simply made a player to create another item with the same sprite but different colors defined in json (so basically we can have red dress, blue dress and black dress, all of these without needing creating sprites, but only defining color palette for item).
As for how the sprite is created is simple we have two information on which layer part of sprite lays, and which draw order on this layer item have (As some might saw that i used part since items can have multiple part since the basic human model has five "body" layers (BackArm, Body, Tits, Forward arm, Eyes) and two "hair" layer ) so for example the skirt is on Body layer with draw order 2, which makes this to draw it after back arm layer and body which by default has draw order 0, and any item with order 1, as for others items with draw order 2 i suspect it will depends on which item was added first but not sure since i used sort method with linq expression here.

Also some of you might think about it but the equipable items will usually be gender locked to avoid having male in skirts or female with beard :) but i can imagine that some of item will be unisex so don't worry i would allow game to have unisex equipable items.

As for state of sprite working i begun to work on male characters copy/paste work done to standard spritesheet of this game, and slowly i would create programming side of game to choose right pose/animation to be played after i use created sex animation in game since it would be best test too see if creating spritesheet dynamically works as intended by me.

Offline dullman

« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2016, 08:25:02 AM »
I have a first demo with working sprites, now it shows only on main screen sprite of selected characters, there are few bugs (with coloring of male characters) but it was saw by me when i checked if run fine after built.

But any comments regarding sprites?? How they look in game maybe if they must be done better or any other comment??

ps. You can see how coloring of sprites working by choosing hair color/skin tone/eye colors. As for items i defined to get three items for female characters so for them you can test (but here the sprite doesn't refresh when you equip item but when you select again sprite - it would be fixed when i search on visible sprite in character info screen)

https://mega.nz/#!Tw8QlKKB!c3Dd_3L4B64DYU-0ZRCnvGcCu78o6E-pCwykLDU1EfQ

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »
Tis not bad. Looks a lot like pixel art, a lot of people love that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2016, 05:07:11 AM »
Tis not bad. Looks a lot like pixel art, a lot of people love that.

Because it's pixel art :) or how i call it sprites. But it's scaled by 3 from 128x128px to 384x384px. In CharacterInfo i still didn't decided but most probably it will scaled four time with panel on left and sprite on right.

by the way any one knows any good wooden UI interface which i could use as a base for my game, since after implementing sprites and completed interface a would go with making a proper UI elements since i know dimensions of elements.

Offline dullman

« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2016, 04:17:58 AM »
So what i have is working character log with showing a proper animation with proper actors (at least for created single animation of sex). It's properly colorize sprites so we can get different colors depends on characters that are part of animations, also animation like works can have up to two characters, and important thing the animation of sex with our female employee and male customer is different than animation with our male employee and female customer.
I decided to rework jobs (or rather than rework move most code work to lua) so it would be easier to modify jobs by users so before i release version with proper sprite sex i will take my time, since truthfully i would also try to rewrite job related in better form.

As for my request for wooden UI i ask for inspiration rather then completed works ready to apply, so if anyone saw a interface or template that would fit my game (or a game with adult theme) give me a word

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2016, 06:39:22 AM »
As for my request for wooden UI i ask for inspiration rather then completed works ready to apply, so if anyone saw a interface or template that would fit my game (or a game with adult theme) give me a word

PyTFall uses wooden styled UI but ours is custom made for the most part. I don't recall a single all-in package to cover all the bases but there are bits and pieces you can collect and https://www.google.bg/search?q=gui+game+wood&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv46_WqsbQAhWpQpoKHQLUApgQsAQIGg&biw=1680&bih=931#imgrc=buuiNuv6DR0rOM%3A.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »
PyTFall uses wooden styled UI but ours is custom made for the most part. I don't recall a single all-in package to cover all the bases but there are bits and pieces you can collect and https://www.google.bg/search?q=gui+game+wood&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv46_WqsbQAhWpQpoKHQLUApgQsAQIGg&biw=1680&bih=931#imgrc=buuiNuv6DR0rOM%3A.

Thanks for that although i saw this and truthfully there were none which i could say that i would want my game to look like.

I wanted to present you few UI elements, also there is sprite sex now in game :) although only when female character has a normal sex :) so get her to work as whore and check how it looks like, you might do that few times to see different second actor since there isn't many different hairstyles for males (only one) and only two eye and skin colors.

ps. Check if now program trigger firewall since i tried to disable all checkbox in build settings.

https://mega.nz/#!L19kiSIQ!rQaqoSQf1sWbdoXCgBj4DEpgNMtV5v-VdK33_mA6GVs

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »
ps. Check if now program trigger firewall since i tried to disable all checkbox in build settings.

It didn't but it may be similar enough to the old version for already existing exception to work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2016, 03:36:47 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't try to access network any longer.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »
any chance you will try to make a linux version Please
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline dullman

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »
any chance you will try to make a linux version Please

I currently taking a break from making game and during break i hack rpg maker mv(since truthfully i was surprised when i learn that it's possible to use shaders in rpg maker), as for linux version theoretically there is a possibility in unity but truthfully i didn't check  it yet if my game exports to mac and linux. As for when i would go back from break i don't know since currently i search for inspiration regarding jobs, since from current code i'm not satisfied.

ps. It's really not much in game rather it show off possibilities of modding.

Edit: It seems that currently i can't download unity packages for linux so today i will not try to build for linux
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:27:48 PM by dullman »