Author Topic: Updated Item list  (Read 13821 times)

Offline sgb

Updated Item list
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:38:14 PM »
EDIT: See below for most recent versions of my item list and changelogs.  This list duplicates a lot of item names in the official list, but the balance has been tweaked to my preference and many items I felt were completely redundent were scrapped.

SINCE THIS MODIFIES ITEMS THAT EXIST IN THE DEFAULT ITEM PACK, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY START A NEW GAME IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS AS IS.

Anyone who wishes to cut and paste individual items or take changes from my list without using the whole thing are quite welcome to do so.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:31:54 PM by sgb »

Offline trex

• Donator
Re: Updated Item list
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:19:31 PM »
May I ask what items are included in this pack? The cure for one eye has piqued my interest.

Offline sgb

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »
? It's a really small file, just open it with the editor (most recent version comes with the game) and read through it before deciding if you want to use anything from it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:27:47 PM by sgb »

Offline letmein

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:47:30 PM »
Hey, whatever happened to this?  sgb, did you go and tick off Solo or something?
Still lurking.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »
meh?

Offline letmein

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
Many thanks, mate.  You just saved me literally minutes of effort to recreate the items myself...   ;)
Still lurking.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
Ah, that's why, I just noticed that first post says deleted by admin. But I'm not the only admin here :).

At this moment attachments are disabled, we're using dagoth's bandwidth and server, no need to fill it even more with attachments :). That's why they're disabled. I guess at first they weren't disabled so that's how that snuck up here.

Offline letmein

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »
No, you're not the *only* admin, but necno really holds the post for honorary reasons and Dagoth wasn't on when I wrote the post...   ;)
Still lurking.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 12:33:28 AM »
I'm cool with that. If it'll make the game better even for people who aren't using my pack, then I can only approve!

Offline mbscout

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 03:23:55 AM »
I noticed that Thigh High Boots are listed under the dress category.  Shouldn't they be under the shoes category?

Offline sgb

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »
Yes.  Yes they should.  I've made a few other tweaks since the last version, so I'll replace the XML file with a new one tonight.

Offline sgb

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
Updated again for changes to the auto-equip/unequip system and Small Weapon item type.

-Weapons with no negative effects have been moved to the Small Weapon category to avoid being automatically unequipped while whoring.
-Underwear and lingere have been moved to the Misc category to avoid being automatically unequipped while whoring without conflicting with Clothing.  This means you can have multiple pairs and underwear and have the bonuses stack, so don't abuse this pretend there's still a limit of 1.
-Girlbuy% for all Misc category items has been set very low to reduce unintentional stacking of duplicate beneficial items that make no sense (ie multiple pairs of underwear, hand mirrors or stripper poles).
-Drugs have been removed, as they could be given as mission rewards and I sincerely doubt anyone voluntarily uses them since there is no reason to.  Ever.  Drug cures still remain.  Disease cures may be axed in future versions as I have never seen one occur.  If someone could verify if it's even possible, I could remove these as well since they too can be given as (useless) mission rewards.
-Some balance tweaks and additions.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:32:59 PM by sgb »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 04:01:42 AM »
-Drugs have been removed, as they could be given as mission rewards and I sincerely doubt anyone voluntarily uses them since there is no reason to.  Ever. 

You can use them to keep an adict from crashing too hard until a cure appears on the market.

Offline sgb

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
Ah, I see.  I honestly never see addicts in my games as I rarely let hapiness drop enough for it to even get started, so I wasn't aware of any sane reason why you'd do anything but sell any drugs you got.  The problem there is that the drugs and cures, and these were default values as I never really messed with the drugs, have roughly the same chance of appearing in store.  So why keep the addiction going if you can just remove it for the same cost?  And lots of candy can be used as a band-aid fix if you get unlucky rolls for the store slots.  Like diseases, it just seems like one of those early concepts that sounded like it could be an interesting gameplay mechanic, but was oversimplified and basically ignored by most players (The cure for a drug addition? Buy a commonly availible potion and press 'use'.).

I'll add them back in if anyone else found the 'avoid drug crash' effect useful.

Offline sgb

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »
Updated for the upcoming changes discussed in the 416 build bug thread.  I repeat, this file is *NOT* intended for the current build 416.

-With the ability to turn off auto-equip, underwear and weapons have been returned to their former categories (and girlbuy% returned to normal) to enforce the limit of 1 per girl.  Again, using this pack assumes the player has modified the config file to turn off auto-equip for all item types.  You will not be able to use some of the items as intended otherwise.
-With the workings of how item value affects love and happiness, items have all been tweaked so that unintended bonuses are not given.
-Added a bunch of 'famous' catacomb items for variety and fluff.

Some notes on my pack:
Q: What's the point of this, the default pack by LordShame has way more stuff!
A: It IS better and I certainly don't hope to match it or replace it.  This purpose of this variant pack is for those who;
a) feel there are too many items and are tired of never finding what you actually need in the store.  This is inteded as a more 'only what's necessary' list (with some items still in there purely for fluff).
b) would like an additional psuedo-item category (underwear as Armor) so you can dress up your girls a little more.

Q: Why should clothing and underwear both provide bonuses at the same time?
A: It can be argued that these items are, for the most part, never visable at the same time so the bonuses should not stack.  And it's a fair arguement; it makes sense.  However I believe that undergarments are part of the 'whole package' of the brothel experience.  I'm assuming the customer gets to initially see the girl before they agree to pay, thus the main clothing (ie dress) factors in there.  Then, I would assume the girl gives a (at least a little) strip show/service where any sexy lingere would come into play and further arouse the customer.  Thus in my game both layers of clothing apply.  Also once the Stripper job is fully implemented, this situation will make even more sense.

Q: What about weapons and real armour?  Wouldn't these get removed?
A: In my game it is assumed these are part of the 'costume', and thus part of the whole package.  A warrior in sexy armour would entice certain customers, and then as in the above example additional clothing layers would come into play as she stripped.  My file sets the chance of a girl buying real weapons and armour on her own pretty low, so if the player forgets to unequip  unattractive items before putting them to work its your own damn fault.  It's not like the minor charisma penalty will ruin you even if you forget anyhow.

Q: Why can't I equip real armour and underwear?
A: Game limitation, nothing more I can do.  Armour makes the most sense since most players will generally not outfit a girl for whoring AND catacomb running (the only point of combat stats at the moment), while still providing a cap of 1 piece of equipped underwear per girl.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:18:10 PM by sgb »