devolution

Author Topic: Vort's UI (WIP)  (Read 8598 times)

Offline Vorton

Vort's UI (WIP)
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:58:34 PM »
So since I have started making this UI mod I have decided I am going to go through with it fully so I figured it would be a good idea to change this thread to a WIP mod thread. I will be posting updates, screenshots etc here if people are interested. I will not release it until I feel confident in it. At the moment I do not really have an ETA but I am hoping in a week or two it will be ready for mass consumption. I need to give myself time to overcome all my frustrations with doing this. Any suggestions are welcome. If I like them I will try my best to add them.

Update 12/5/2015: I have finally completed remaking all the buttons.  Now to orient every screen. Progress is being made.

Update 12/8/2015: So I am finally ready to release this for mass consumption. I still catagorize it as a WIP as I still plan to tweak it and add more to it as I learn more about the inner workings of the game. If you find any bugs etc (related to my ui of course) please let me know and if you can have a screenshot as well. That will help me find and fix the problem easier. and as stated above suggestions are always welcome as well.

Done: New buttons, Layout redone, Many new images

To do: Make smaller res/windowed version, Tweak the colors more, and fix the popup location when I can find the setting.I have finally gotten time to actually play the game for a bit now that I have "completed" it and I have found a few things that I missed while creating this. Rest assured they will be fixed for those of you who have/will download this. Classes start for me again tonight so I will not have as much time to work on it as I did but I will make every effort to get these issues addressed on my spare time.

Download Link!:
https://mega.nz/#!cBFAABKK!lrf56dblfzAQRaqHC_25MQPJ_vsRe7HDcR2x_lD1CNY

To install: Drop the config.xml and the resources folder in the zip to your WhoreMaster.06.02.19 folder and play. Keep in mind at the moment this only works for full screen 1920x1080! I plan to do a windowed/smaller res version in the future.

Screenshots:
Main menu

Default brothel

Original post:
I have read somewhere here on the forums that a widescreen UI is in the works for crazy mod. While I don't have much experience in programming (Just fished my intro to programming class and have not learned any actual code yet lol) I am pretty decent with Photoshop. If I were given the dimensions of what the buttons etc should be I would love to volunteer some time to help creating a more modern looking widescreen UI. I enjoy this game quite a bit and would love to give back. If anyone has any tips on where I would start please let me know.

Vort

P.S. if this is in the wrong section of the forums I am sorry please move it for me and let me know for future reference
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:29:40 AM by Vorton »

Offline Vorton

Re: More modern widescreen UI
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:31:49 AM »
I have been having a good bit of success so far. At the moment I am only trying to center the original ui elements. I have done almost all of them but for the life of me I cannot find the file that controls the dialog pop ups. If anyone knows what file controls the position of these would you be so kind as to point me in the correct direction?

Offline Baal

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:57:54 AM »
Nice! I'd love to have a bigger font as well as a better menu. Awesome work!

Offline Sharkster

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 05:41:38 AM »
yeah looks good. I increased the font size for me, too but got problems with the allignment so i cant wait to get my hands at your mod^^

Offline Vorton

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »
Well then I have good news for you two. I have had some success in getting larger font. I have gotten it about 30% larger than it was. If I go larger I get scroll boxes which I really do not want. On my main monitor (42 in tv) it looks pretty nice. I am going to test on my smaller monitor (same res) later today when I get up. Thanks for the interest in my little project  :)

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 09:06:47 PM »
I wish you luck in your noble mission. Now if somehow we could have the job ratings displayed in the brothel, farm, clinic, etc screens...

Offline jonwich

Re: Vort's UI (WIP)
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 10:53:52 PM »
Excellent stuff, I look forward to seeing what you do! I'll probably stick to a windowed mode myself, but I like this a lot.

Offline TAR313

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
from Hanzo:" Now if somehow we could have the job ratings displayed in the brothel, farm, clinic, etc screens..."

this ^

... and the ability to change their names ...

And: this Awesome Ui ....

Offline Vorton

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 03:40:19 PM »
I think adding the job ratings to the brothel screen is past my personal skill level. I am merely changing the UI up a bit. Maybe try posting about it in the request thread here on the forums?

@jonwich: I tried it in windowed mode last night. Unfortunately ATM it doesn't look so hot. That will be something I work on when I have the full-screen UI all done.

Offline Vorton

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 06:28:02 AM »
I have added the first working version of my UI mod. Updated 1st post.

Offline Vorton

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 10:19:37 PM »
So while I am working on making sure everything has it's place in the UI I am messing around with image backgrounds for the windows instead of the plain blue of the original or the plain gray that I have in my screenshots. What kind of texture do you all think would look nice? I tried a wood type texture but it didn't really look good with the black buttons I was using. Any input is always appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:24:06 PM by Vorton »

Offline Baal

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 01:07:55 AM »
Looks great, perhaps a concrete, rock, or metal style. I've never liked the Brothel6 picture so I may have to find a replacement for it, but that's a me thing. I love the other pictures though I might rearrange them from most basic to most lavish. So far it looks good! Sadly I can't use it due to having 1600 x 900.

Also where did you get the images I'd love to find more pictures when i'm working on a theme.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:18:28 PM by Baal »

Offline zafer

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 01:17:55 AM »
Keep in mind at the moment this only works for full screen 1920x1080

I have a smaller but still 16:9 monitor. This still wont work for me right now? I'm 1600X900.

Offline Vorton

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 05:50:02 PM »
Sorry for the delayed reply all. School is kicking my ass right now.

@Baal: Many of my images come from Google/Bing searches. I actually find Bing a better resource when it comes to adult material than google.

@zafer: At the moment the UI only works on 1920x1080. I do plan to do another smaller res version of it when I am fully done the 1920x1080 version.

Thanks for the support guys. I do not have as much time as I did when I started this project but I am still putting in a little time on it here and there.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 02:30:38 PM »
The popup messages are hard coded in the game in cMessageBox::CreateWindow
I am adding a popup_message.xml to the interface so it can be customized.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug