devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937852 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.26
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2015, 08:45:52 AM »
.06.00.26 is out

Rivals should be much harder to kill.
You can steal items from them but they get rid of all their items when you quit the game so you will have to wait a while after loading a game for them to resupply.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2015, 03:51:09 AM »
I started a new game, and rivals are indeed quite a bit harder. My own gangs aren't maxed out yet (though most do have a few 100% stats by now), but I still constantly loose fights whenever I clash into them.

Basically, I end up spending ALL the money I have every turn, or bringing it to the bank, or I easily risk loosing it all. I'm not even sure whether I could ever beat any of them at all. It's almost as if they're maxed! I didn't bother with guarding yet. Even with 5 gangs, they constantly end up with 5 members or less, meaning I just loose time and money which I could've better spent training them for sabotage/catacombs. Maybe once my gangs are maxed, I'll set some to guard duty again, and might be able to save up money more conveniently.
Edit: After saving, closing the game and later loading where I left off, the gangs were much closer to their usual difficulty. Does their skill reset after reload as well, like the rivals' goldstash does?

Feel free to dig through my itemspack (and any future ones I may come up with) for more items. I think the whore-armors (Stoles) might fit in nicely. I found I don't always equip them, even when I have them available (the most common one adds hate/takes love, the others are in shorter supply), which, to me, means they're balanced just about right.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:38:31 AM by ShoHaFa »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »
Edit: After saving, closing the game and later loading where I left off, the gangs were much closer to their usual difficulty. Does their skill reset after reload as well, like the rivals' goldstash does?
I forgot to add the rival power to the save/load functions.
I am going to change the way that works anyway so it not being saved is actually a good thing.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.27
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »
.06.00.27 is up

There are more fixes/changes/upgrades to gangs and rivals.
There are several more and a couple of updated items so you will want to check your items folder for changes.
Lots of small fixes to other things.

(give your security guard a dildo and watch where it goes  :D ??? :'( )

Offline Luminus

« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2015, 11:48:15 AM »
 Hello.
 I’m new in this game and i have questions.
 1. How to make gang stronger? After 10 weeks training 3 gangs their stats don’t grow up. Why?
2. Is their a way to influence which girl I meet on market or street?
3. How to make items in editor? I try to make some but after I load game I can’t find it in the shop even when I choose “common”.

Thanks for any help.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »
Hello.
 I’m new in this game and i have questions.
 1. How to make gang stronger? After 10 weeks training 3 gangs their stats don’t grow up. Why?
3. How to make items in editor? I try to make some but after I load game I can’t find it in the shop even when I choose “common”.

Thanks for any help.

1) you have select training to make the gang stronger
2) as far as i know no
3) it takes a while to get them to show up, did you make sure to save the item

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline sacredferro

« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
You may also want to consider removing some items from the "Items" directory to allow your items to have a better chance of showing up each turn. Just looking in the directory myself, version .06.00.27 has well over 500 .itemsx files not including mine (though most are for one item each, still that's a bunch). That mathematically makes it quite a bit less likely than you might think that a certain item will show up consistently even if that item is set to be common. I typically have to run through several turns for any of my items -- i made three -- to show up at all and they are all common.

Also, is there an issue with "head girl" job at the house? Anytime I have a girl set in that job, if I either remove her from the job and end turn, or she reassigns someone from "free time" to something else and I end turn, I get a crash with popup stating "Whore Master.exe has stopped working...". Btw, again I'm running version .06.00.27 just in case. No biggie for now, it happened on a test game (and yes I did restart and got the same crashing to proc again on different girl).

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2015, 08:05:40 PM »
Putting your gangs on training missions should increase their skills some each turn.
It chooses 2-4 skills to boost (can choose the same one multiple times).
The lower the skill the more it can boost it.
Above 70 the skill will not increase too much so it is not really worth it later in the game.
When your gangs succeeds on a mission, they gain a few points for it.

Not at the moment.

To test if the game loads your items, start a new game called "Cheat" This will give you one of every item the game loaded.
If you don't see your items, change the config.xml debug settings all to true and do an new "Cheat" game.
Look at your gamelog.txt and find "itemsx files:" this will tell you how it loaded every item.
If you see any errors, it will tell you what they are.

Also, is there an issue with "head girl" job at the house? Anytime I have a girl set in that job, if I either remove her from the job and end turn, or she reassigns someone from "free time" to something else and I end turn, I get a crash with popup stating "Whore Master.exe has stopped working...". Btw, again I'm running version .06.00.27 just in case. No biggie for now, it happened on a test game (and yes I did restart and got the same crashing to proc again on different girl).
I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:22:29 PM by aevojoey »

Offline disabel

« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2015, 09:02:15 PM »
I got the Whore Master.exe has stopped working message too when I hit next week. I just started using 06.00.27. It seems to only happen if one of the gangs is set to catacombs none of the other gang actions caused the problem.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2015, 09:30:07 PM »
I got the Whore Master.exe has stopped working message too when I hit next week. I just started using 06.00.27. It seems to only happen if one of the gangs is set to catacombs none of the other gang actions caused the problem.
Found and fixed the problem.
In the gang catacomb function I accidentally used "gang" where "currentGang" should have been used.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:31:46 PM by aevojoey »

Offline sacredferro

« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
I was literally just about to add that I had ran some more testing and found that the crashing is actually coming from sending any gang on catacombs duty.

Offline disabel

« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2015, 10:00:53 PM »
Also did something change with the job preferences? Because all the girls just say "At the moment, she is indifferent to all tasks."

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2015, 10:53:19 PM »
Also did something change with the job preferences? Because all the girls just say "At the moment, she is indifferent to all tasks."
It is working for me.
If the girl's enjoyment of EVERY job is between -20 and +14 it will show the "At the moment, she is indifferent to all tasks."
If you look in your save game at the <Actions> for your girls you can see if there are any out of this range.
If there are any, than you have a bug.
If they are all between -20 and +14 then it is not broken.

Edit:
I have added a part to this so if you set LogExtraDetails to "true" in your config.xml it will list every job with the number.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:06:33 PM by aevojoey »

Offline disabel

« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2015, 12:10:17 AM »
Every girl has -10 for enjoyment for every job, so its not bugged. I just thought it was weird because before girls used to have atleast some predetermined enjoyment for specific jobs. It is not a big deal I was just wondering if anything had been changed for that.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.28
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2015, 02:07:36 AM »
.06.00.28 is up

Fixed a bug and did a few small updates.