devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937886 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.03 - Reuploaded
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2015, 10:49:10 AM »
Here are disabled versions for each button, and an updated PSD:
https://mega.co.nz/#!Q9BgmKYS!Wl3piV6TxGxSVxKO0JCpG4OuG7IfJRbpCy263zFRRak
I changed the look and coloring slightly for the disabled versions, so the ones I already posted above are updated here.
Thank you.
Next task, if you are up for it, More game buttons.
I will need a "Settings" button like the others in the game.
"Buy X", "Buy 1", "Buy All", "Sell", "Sell 1", "Sell 10", "Sell 20", "Sell X", "Sell All"
There are a few other buttons that I will need but I can't think of them at the moment.

Also, while playing I've found it a bit annoying not being able to see what jobs a girl will eventually be set back to doing who has been taken off work by the matron due to tiredness. As a quick and simple solution for myself I added that info to the 2nd "More Info" text for girls that are off work due to tiredness. Attached is a patch adding that if you want it.
It might actually be worth adding that info elsewhere for more convenience, such as the job columns on the Girl Management screen. They could for instance be changed to show something like "[Rest] Brothel Whore" to indicate she is resting but will go back to doing Brothel Whore when the matron puts her back to work. The actual job selection listboxes would still have "Free Time" selected, so hopefully it wouldn't be too confusing. Not sure if you want to do that or not, though.
Added your part, I will see about adding something in to the list page as well.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline darkraven301

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.05
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2015, 11:35:34 AM »
Would it be possible to make game use normal girls as random ? By that i mean randomly choosing one of those that I have.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
Would it be possible to make game use normal girls as random ? By that i mean randomly choosing one of those that I have.
Sometimes it does, other times it does not.
In what cases do you mean?

When you get a girl from most places, it will randomly choose to either use a unique girl or a random girl.
For those places where the girl is not kept, such as combat against random girls, it would not really make much difference.

Offline Destont

• Destont Tengoto - Tengu of Darkness and Sorrow
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »
As of version .06.01.05 the game crashes whenever I send a girl to explore the catacombs, can anyone reproduce this?

Also sometimes the game crashes when selecting the slave market but that has been present for a few iterations now, may be a problem on my end with some girls, I only use Lurkers packs but all of them.

Check the bug report topic

Offline darkraven301

« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2015, 03:59:34 AM »
Sometimes it does, other times it does not.
In what cases do you mean?

When you get a girl from most places, it will randomly choose to either use a unique girl or a random girl.
For those places where the girl is not kept, such as combat against random girls, it would not really make much difference.

For example at birth I tried to edit a girl as my daughter but i still only get randoms.
Also catacombs sometimes its unique and sometimes random can it be only unique the same for slave market and kidnapping or taking from clients.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2015, 09:38:42 AM »
For example at birth I tried to edit a girl as my daughter but i still only get randoms.
When you create a new game, it loads every .girlsx file it finds and saves the file name so it will not check that name again.
If you edit a .girlsx file after it has been loaded into your game, it will have no effect on the existing game.
To get it to reload that file, you need to remove the file from the <Loaded_Files> list.
You may also want to remove that girl from the <Girls> list so you don't get duplicates.

Also catacombs sometimes its unique and sometimes random can it be only unique the same for slave market and kidnapping or taking from clients.
Kidnapping and taking from clients should be random girls, if they were not, there would have to be a special script for each unique girl.
Catacomb girls are 50/50 unique/random and Slave Market girls are 35/65 unique/random.
Your Daughter girls all try to be unique unless there are none left, then they are all random.
I'll add config.xml settings to allow Catacomb and Market girls to be changed.
After all unique girls have been used, then they will all be randoms.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.03 - Reuploaded
« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »
Thank you.
Next task, if you are up for it, More game buttons.
I will need a "Settings" button like the others in the game.
"Buy X", "Buy 1", "Buy All", "Sell", "Sell 1", "Sell 10", "Sell 20", "Sell X", "Sell All"
There are a few other buttons that I will need but I can't think of them at the moment.
Here you go, these fit with the existing button sizes:
https://mega.co.nz/#!BtACGLSQ!n7MeZfMbTJmrW68YK3rZesIb9QveOQlZggA-gIAT4Sc

I'm thinking about going ahead and spending a couple of hours making larger versions of all of the game buttons, probably aiming for just double the width and height of the current buttons. Since the current UI is designed for a 4:3 scale window, that would have the new buttons designed to perfectly fit a 1600x1200 resolution and look good scaled down for anything smaller than that. I did a quick test with that size for a button image, and it looked much better than the existing buttons at the current default 1024x768 resolution, and of course still looked good with the WM window resolution upped to 1440x1080 (highest I can test on my monitor).
I also came up with an improved look for the hover/on version of the buttons with the button itself being lit up rather than just the dark text outline removed, so I plan to incorporate that as well.
Not sure when I'll have the time to work on it, though.

Edit: attached is an example with the Off version, the On (hover) version of the old style for reference, and the On version with the button lit up rather than the text outline disabled. It might not look that noticeable below with the images side by side, but in-game it's very noticeable as you hover the mouse over the button.

Edit again: apologies, re-uploaded the button images with actual button text currently used in-game.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:24:08 PM by Dagoth »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2015, 07:18:59 PM »
I actually felt like getting started on the button overhaul and just doing it on a screen by screen basis as I have time. So I did. I've also made another tiny change to the buttons which improves the look. SDL's image scaling methods seem to effectively clip off a tiny bit of the right edge of scaled images for whatever reason, which is most easily seen on the existing buttons which have a point on the right edge, like the "Next" button. I've added a 1 pixel wide empty buffer on the right edge of all button images to deal with that, which seems to do the trick.

I went ahead and did the buttons for the Load Screen and the main Brothel Management screen so far. The zip below can of course simply be extracted into your \Resources\Buttons\ folder, overwriting the existing files.
https://mega.co.nz/#!81QQkQ6J!MB-AgU3q_q92qSxiUo-qRedUMEyOcrMOxy23XDNbiEU

I'll continue working on updating the buttons as I have time.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2015, 08:17:59 PM »
Hey aevojoey keep up the good work.  Each new release makes things a bit better. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:21:18 PM by edgy98125 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2015, 11:49:31 PM »
Here you go, these fit with the existing button sizes:
Not sure when I'll have the time to work on it, though.
Thanks, and take your time to make them all look good and the same over the entire game.
The only one I need right away is the settings button, all the rest can wait until you finish them all.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:54:24 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: February 20, 2015, 04:09:33 AM »
Thanks, and take your time to make them all look good and the same over the entire game.
The only one I need right away is the settings button, all the rest can wait until you finish them all.
That one is in the link above:
https://mega.co.nz/#!BtACGLSQ!n7MeZfMbTJmrW68YK3rZesIb9QveOQlZggA-gIAT4Sc
It's the same scale as the old button sizes. I'll of course include an upsized version of it along with the rest of the button overhaul as I get to it.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.06
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2015, 01:42:12 AM »
.06.01.06 is out

Lots of bug fixes, expansion of Accommodation and some more undead type traits.
Several new items and many updated items.
You can now revive dead girls with "Better Zed than Dead" and "Elixir of Ultimate Regeneration".
Many of the buttons have been updated by Dagoth and there are a few more details in some areas.

I have not had time to bug test everything so there may be some things that don't work so report them if you find anything.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2015, 05:48:02 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug but the .exe wont extract for me even though all the other files work fine  :(
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2015, 06:16:15 AM »
I've finished the button overhaul. Here is the full set, which can be unzipped directly into the game folder.
https://mega.co.nz/#!QwZwyYhI!_KqQZXKSskJtjPlU12oKZiky5Uby0CjTfFZsN_rupjk

I did skip over buttons which were not referenced by any interface files, as well as ones only used in upgrade_screen.xml, which is an unused unfinished screen that DocClox was working on to have different room types and such available for different buildings. All buttons actually used in the game are included.

Here are the source PSDs for the upsized buttons, for anyone wanting to make further buttons matching the style of these:
https://mega.co.nz/#!k0QwlQyR!IAgSkBGJp8HzCtCAW-ZBQDLGuL85U-L5cGFvvD_tVTs

Edit: I had no trouble extracting or running the EXE in the .06.01.06 zip.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:28:53 AM by Dagoth »

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »
I had no trouble extracting or running the EXE in the .06.01.06 zip.
:-[ Huh, must just be me...
I'll re-download and try that.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.