devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> **Traits Concept  (Read 51095 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Traits Concept
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »
The only alternative is increasing the number of primary stats, like adding strength stat instead of Strong/Weak, speed instead of Hyperactive/Dawdler, etc. Maybe adding such stats from SM3 as Sensibility, Ethics, Temperament and so on. This way traits only will be used as flags for properties that can not be passed through stats only, like Artificial Body or Virgin.

It will be somewhat harder to call events depending on stats range rather than traits, but we'll have much less traits, and they will be much better organized.

Yeap, that would be one way. Another options would be to use archtypes and "talents", but like I've said, we've started with traits so we just as well might stick to the design.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »
Hmm, we have direct modification of stats for minor things that cannot be expressed via traits. If you make Fragile/Strong character, give her Fragile and some bonuses to attack/constitution/max fatigue/whatever. If you make Tough/Weak character, give her Tough and penalties to attack/constitution/max fatigue/whatever.

I'm removing Strong, it would be better to add a separate strength stat in the future if we'll desperately need it, or use (attack+constitution)/2 or something similar as a method of calculating strength as a secondary stat.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
Another thing that I want to clarify is magic. In the future characters without at least one of magic traits won't be able to use absolute majority of spells.

We have three "levels" of it: 1) Magic Gift, 2) Magic Talent and 3) Magic Gift+Magic Talent at the same time (they are not mutually exclusive on purpose).
Most of the times you don't even need to specify magic and mp stats directly, since we have three quite different levels of magic power.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
Another thing that I want to clarify is magic. In the future characters without at least one of magic traits won't be able to use absolute majority of spells.

We have three "levels" of it: 1) Magic Gift, 2) Magic Talent and 3) Magic Gift+Magic Talent at the same time (they are not mutually exclusive on purpose).
Most of the times you don't even need to specify magic and mp stats directly, since we have three quite different levels of magic power.

Make notes!

We don't really have any spells outside of BE yet :(

On the happier note, I am almost finished with hero profile screen! Going to add general sex stat now (charisma is already in) and I seem to have fixed all items logic but still got to add three ring slots.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 11:39:13 AM »
Actually, I would prefer that the characters without magic traits won't be able to learn/use most of spells within BE too, unless otherwise stated in xml/json.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
Actually, I would prefer that the characters without magic traits won't be able to learn/use most of spells within BE too, unless otherwise stated in xml/json.

Notes again...

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »
My posts are my notes  ;)

I'm thinking about removing Cute trait. Cuteness is rather subjective concept, some character may or may not be cute to different people. We don't use traits like Beautiful or Pretty after all, they all are  beautiful and pretty in a varying degree for various people.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »
[size=78%]I'm thinking about removing Cute trait. Cuteness is rather subjective concept, some character may or may not be cute to different people. We don't use traits like Beautiful or Pretty after all, they all are  beautiful and pretty in a varying degree for various people.[/size]

I agree with that. Maybe you could also remove that cute part from nerd trait description too. (same reason)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2013, 02:03:26 PM »
Alright, cute removed as a trait and as a part of Nerd both.
Fast and Slow Orgasms removed too, since we have more general Sensitive and Frigid for such things.

We have now Well-mannered and Egocentric mutually exclusive traits (it's hard to imagine self-centered, arrogant and bossy character that is also polite and respectful to everyone, while Tsundere and Yandere still could be polite enough), and Mature (aka Ane) which is opposite to Dependant.
I also fixed several missing or excess blocks on traits.

I'm not sure if we need Loner trait now, since we have Kuudere, Dandere, Shy and Impersonal. Maybe I should remove it as well?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:54:55 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »
Let's see, Loner is a person who avoids the company of others and/or prefers to be alone.

Theoretically, a character doesn't have to be Kuudere, Dandere, Shy or Impersonal to be Loner. I'd say that the Loner doesn't need communication with other people as much as others, but it doesn't mean that s/he is shy or introvert.

However, 1) we don't have stat responsible solely for communication; 2) if we going to consider communication part separately, we need an opposite trait as well, and we already have one: Charismatic, with Shy as opposite. We have 84 traits already (yay!  :) ), I'd prefer to add only well-established ones.
And 3) it could be implemented good enough via effects, but I have no idea how. We don't have social needs like in Sims games, so I don't see any good options.

If there won't be any objections, I will remove it within a day.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 12:29:35 PM »
Let's see, Loner is a person who avoids the company of others and/or prefers to be alone.

Theoretically, a character doesn't have to be Kuudere, Dandere, Shy or Impersonal to be Loner. I'd say that the Loner doesn't need communication with other people as much as others, but it doesn't mean that s/he is shy or introvert.

However, 1) we don't have stat responsible solely for communication; 2) if we going to consider communication part separately, we need an opposite trait as well, and we already have one: Charismatic, with Shy as opposite. We have 84 traits already (yay!  :) ), I'd prefer to add only well-established ones.
And 3) it could be implemented good enough via effects, but I have no idea how. We don't have social needs like in Sims games, so I don't see any good options.

If there won't be any objections, I will remove it within a day.

I am not opposed to having less traits... it'll be a pain to work with the once we have already :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »
Loner removed.
I consider current traits.xml as final version at least up to 1.0, except for stats balance.
Since we got some new traits and lost some old ones, and some old traits have new names, I'm afraid we have to review all checks for traits during jobs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
Loner removed.
I consider current traits.xml as final version at least up to 1.0, except for stats balance.
Since we got some new traits and lost some old ones, and some old traits have new names, I'm afraid we have to review all checks for traits during jobs.

Yeap, I think we have a version reserved for that...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 07:19:40 AM »
Now then, effects.

We have Unstable for Mind Fucked, Optimist, Pessimist, Kleptomaniac, Nymphomaniac and Frigid for corresponding traits, Fast Learner and Slow Learner for Genius and Retarded.

Composure should be a part of Serious trait rather than Collected. I believe Collected means only control over emotions, not their balance.

Introvert should be a part of Nerd and Dandere.

Extrovert should be a part of Charismatic and maybe Yandere (they are crazy, but they are on MC side after all).
-----------------------
Sensitive ("This girl's body is very delicate and responsive to stimulation") probably should be more sensitive to any items and events that change libido (both increase and decrease).

Psychic is basically telepath or empath. I guess any events that change disposition should be more efficient.

Impersonal should be less dependent on emotions. Maybe all positive checks for joy should be always successful, but in return high joy won't mean anything for such characters?

Dependant/Mature probably should affect autobuy/autoequip/autorest/autowhatever algorithms mostly. Mature should be more independent from player's micromanagement and vice versa.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2014, 07:29:06 AM »
I have. But it was like half a year ago.

Guess we need depression for joy<10 and on a roll or something for joy>90. We already have discussed that, but I don't remember if there was any conclusion.

Sensitive ("This girl's body is very delicate and responsive to stimulation") should be more sensitive to any items and events that change libido (both increase and decrease).

Impersonal should be less dependent on emotions. Emotions are both joy and disposition in our case. Not sure how to handle this one, perhaps items and events that change these stats should be twice less effective, or maybe there will be lesser bonuses and penalties for both low and high values of these stats, unlike girls without this trait.

Food and drinks (maybe drugs in the future) should have half of effect on artificial body girls. Since there are cyborgs and stuff, we cannot disable it completely, but 100% effect is weird too.
Also, in WM AB-girls are difficult to damage, they recovered longer than usual ones, iirc healing items are less effective too.

I guess that's all. Other effects will require a new BE or autoequpment system.

I'll take a look at depression when I get a chance.

Sensetive... -/+5% to any libido change?

Impersonal: Might not be the best idea to mess with max/min of disposition stat. I imagine it will be used quite a bit and might cause issues. We need to check the "twice less effective bit as well", stuff like that may break the game.

We've discussed the artificial body thing as well. We will only mess with that post Beta release.
Like what we're doing?