devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025090 times)

Offline TZHawk

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #1005 on: May 30, 2014, 10:42:32 AM »
WMEdit would have to be recoded from the ground up probably since some of the traits are incompatible with the more recent iterations of the program. and I don't think the source code for that is available.
Honestly though, I've been thinking about remaking the game from the ground up and organizing the content in a manner that makes it easier to find the content you want and added support for implementing mods (which is a pretty grand idea for someone with very little programming knowledge).
There is only so much you can do with the source code for this game.
On a side note, larger files usually mean longer loading times in the programming world so breaking them up like this isn't a terribly bad idea.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1006 on: May 30, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »

If you have already edited both edit both the CoreTraits file as well as your girls files, then they will still work for you.
What I first thought you meant was if you only had edited the CoreTraits but left the girls files alone.

The processing of traits that have been added since .05h still passes unknown traits as is, it is just certain spelling and title case changes were made.

What you're saying is my 0.5h versions of the .girlsx files should be compatible with my modified (0.5h) CoreTraits.traits if I paste both to 0.5n2? Aside from the spelling of, say "Fast orgasms", which should be "Fast Orgasms" now?
Is it also possible to manually edit the  .girlsx files through Notepad++ to "update" them to handle the new "OralSex" and "TittySex" values? However tedious that might be, considering the number of custom girls I've made through WMEdit ever since...

And what about WMEdit?
It was a really handy and nifty tool, I could get used to editing everything by changing lines of text in Notepad++, but aside from ease of use issue it's also easier to screw things up that way (a single typo could cause crashes and it's incredibly hard to identify the issue later).
The source code can't be that more complicated than the one for the game itself, can it?

The way I see it, trait customization was meant to be implemented in WMEdit, as proved by the traits tab in it (that currently merely displays the traits, drawing the values from CoreTraits.traits), but the development of WMEdit died. I was hoping somone would pick it back up and update it with the new features and more options in-during the development of Crazy's mod (which is essentially a continuation of updating Whoremaster as a whole IMO).

WMEdit would have to be recoded from the ground up probably since some of the traits are incompatible with the more recent iterations of the program. and I don't think the source code for that is available.
Honestly though, I've been thinking about remaking the game from the ground up and organizing the content in a manner that makes it easier to find the content you want and added support for implementing mods (which is a pretty grand idea for someone with very little programming knowledge).
There is only so much you can do with the source code for this game.
On a side note, larger files usually mean longer loading times in the programming world so breaking them up like this isn't a terribly bad idea.

Well, the lack of source code at all for WMEdit is a problem.

As for the traits, like I said, WMEdit doesn't seem to do anything to/with them aside from drawing the values from other files.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:59:46 AM by 0nymous »

Offline TZHawk

« Reply #1007 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »
Making a new editor isn't terribly difficult, I'd just have to learn a few things (particularly exporting to a file which isn't that hard.)
I had an old project I was working on for Rpg Maker that had a similar design/interface than this.

The issue is knowing how the editor worked and what I would need to replicate in the new editor

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #1008 on: May 30, 2014, 11:25:25 AM »
got a question/problem
In Version 0.4 and 0.5 (original) I had a girl named "Sakura Kinomoto" from CCS
however when I searched for her in my latest game started under 0.5n-2 I was only able to find her girlsx as loaded in the log, the girl herself isn't in my list (no description, stats or traits)
I modified another slave girl and included traits and stats from her girlsx...I haven't found her yet in the Slavemarket but atleast I don't get an error from loading.

Leaves me with the question what the heck happened to the original girl code?

(girlsx attached)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:29:43 AM by Evangelion 01 »

Offline GonDra

« Reply #1009 on: May 30, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »
Well, the lack of source code at all for WMEdit is a problem.

I am not sure if it is the most recent version, but I have a source package for it, it is build in c# with wpf and generally a mess.

Just checked the official SVN of whoremaster and the source is there too. (whm_svn/trunk/WMEdit)(info on the repository here: http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=191.0)

A comprehensive list of what is wrong with WMEdit would probably help if someone wants to tackle that project, I had intended to be that person quite some time ago but other projects and work keep getting in the way.
At the moment I don't see myself being able to look into WMEdit much for at least a month and I am not even sure if I have a working installation of Visual studio or the express versions at all.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:36:06 AM by GonDra »

Offline TZHawk

« Reply #1010 on: May 30, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
I'll check it out, it'll be a good exercise for getting back into C# for me.
As for whats wrong with it, I believe the only major issue with it is the Traits at the moment.

In the meantime, I'll probably look over some old cold I did back in the day.

Offline crazy

Re: A mod removing the age limit. It's now 3
« Reply #1011 on: May 30, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »
Because setting a "legal" age limit in a game based on slavery & rape is the stupidest idea in the world, and demonstrates severe mental health issues in terms of differentiating between fact and fiction, here's a modified exe you can use instead of the original for WhoreMaster's Crazy mod version 0.5n-2.
Plz take this to ur own topic or it will get lost in this.  I would like this to be focused solo on this mod and not another one.

Offline a3535196

« Reply #1012 on: May 30, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »
You need to find the file in the list and "Include" it in the project.
Then the compiling process fails. I'm using MSVSE 2010 SP1. There's a difference in how the file is processed than MSVSE 2013 which you're using.

Also, I only push new code to the svn when I update a letter, so the svn will only have .05n not .05n.02.
That explains the crashes I'm getting with me executable but not yours. Can you please publish the bug-less fixed files here so I can compile a clean version? Or at least tell us when are going to update it.

Plz take this to ur own topic or it will get lost in this.  I would like this to be focused solo on this mod and not another one.
It's not that big of a deal plus it's buddy as shown above. I don't think it deserves a separate thread.

Offline Geron

« Reply #1013 on: May 30, 2014, 06:48:43 PM »
It's not that big of a deal plus it's buddy as shown above. I don't think it deserves a separate thread.
Please respect the wish of the mod creator and make your own topic for your own sub-mod.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1014 on: May 30, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »
got a question/problem
In Version 0.4 and 0.5 (original) I had a girl named "Sakura Kinomoto" from CCS
however when I searched for her in my latest game started under 0.5n-2 I was only able to find her girlsx as loaded in the log, the girl herself isn't in my list (no description, stats or traits)
I modified another slave girl and included traits and stats from her girlsx...I haven't found her yet in the Slavemarket but atleast I don't get an error from loading.

Leaves me with the question what the heck happened to the original girl code?

(girlsx attached)
The problem is in the second line of the file
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Girls
    <Girl
        Name="Sakura Kinomoto"
The <Girls> needs the >
Fix that and the girl should work.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #1015 on: May 31, 2014, 08:17:15 AM »
The problem is in the second line of the file
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Girls
    <Girl
        Name="Sakura Kinomoto"
The <Girls> needs the >
Fix that and the girl should work.
DOW!
I feel like an idiot...
reminds me of my school days with C++ an error obvious to others but invisible to yourself^^

THX a bunch

Offline aevojoey

Version .05o
« Reply #1016 on: May 31, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »
*** A newer version is available later on this thread ***

Version .05o.06
Mirror 1 - http://www.fileswap.com/dl/zRPrFxIX7Y/WhoreMaster.05o.06.zip.html
Mirror 2 - https://mega.co.nz/#!xRk0XKqA!L_0WDQUk0-Exw2eqwxJRa2m_2ncNE2X3Fs1NL9KaZuQ

Major Changes:
 - Reworked all Clinic surgery jobs.
 - Nurses now play more of a role in helping girls recover from surgery and healing.
 - Rewrote GetAbortion from Clinic - probably made the coding too complicated, but it works. Takes 1 day with doctor and nurse or 2 days with just doctor.

Minor Changes:
 - Added a fix "dungeon screen to brothel screen crash" - needs more testing to be sure it works correctly
 - Finished correction of bug "if girl is assigned a job outside of the building she is in"
 - Increased max number of rooms from 250 to 32k
 - Changed some debug strings for dungeon.
 - Clinic - Nurse and Mechanic jobs are now full time jobs.
 - Resting jobs get set to correct building rest jobs when changing from full time to part time jobs.
 - Half-Constructs can get healed in the clinic by using either GetHealing (60), GetRepairs (60) or both (80) if a Doctor and a Mechanic are on duty.
 - Tweaked numbers in WorkRecruiter.cpp and WorkPersonalTraining.cpp to be a little more useful.

* update .05o.01 -
   corrected bug in tiredness for clinic
   Modified the way "Virgin" is loaded from .girlsx files, specifically yes (1) or no (0)
       - if Virgin="0" or Virgin="1" is added inside the <girl ... > section.
       - if <Trait Name="Virgin" /> is in the traits list then yes and overrides previous check.
       - if neither is specified, the game randomly sets virgin status based on age and sex stats.
       - .rgirls still use the <Trait Name="Virgin" Percent="#" />
   Reworked Arena Combat Training
* update .05o.02 - 
   Fixed bug with Brothel Stables jobs not working
* update .05o.03 - 
   Corrected some spelling errors
   Rewrote Clinic surgery working days section
   Girls will no longer runaway from rehab if a counselor is on duty
   Reworked Arena Combat Training more
   You can no longer send girls with max combat, magic, agility and constitution to train in the arena.
* update .05o.04 - 
   Increased item counts
      - 3000 item slots for you (increased from 300)
      - still only 40 item slots for girls
      - 999 of each item per slot (increased from 254)
* update .05o.05 - 
   Corrected buying buildings from the town screen (Hopefully for good)
   Fixed children aging if <Pregnancy ... WeeksTillGrown = "#" ... > in the config.xml file is set above 255
      - Now it can be up to 32k.
   Added hotkeys to the inventory screen (press 9 in game to see what the hotkeys for that screen are.)
* update .05o.06 - 
   Fixed arena combat training precheck

* In Version .05n, Anti-Pregnancy potions were completely redone. You will need to restock them before going to the next week to prevent a baby boom.
* The game versions on this thread have no girls files included. There are other threads on this forum you can get them. -
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?board=5.0
* All versions from .05i on all have had the ".itemsx" files moved from ".\Resources\Data" to ".\Resources\Items"
* All versions from .05i on require the "*120*.dll"s that are included in the zip - if you only copy the exe the game will not work.
* If the game crashes when you hit the "Next Week" button, try reassigning jobs to all girls.  > This cause of crashing was repaired in version .05o.
* If you find a bug, please report it on the bug thread - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1031.0
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:27:05 AM by aevojoey »

Offline dr678diablo

« Reply #1017 on: May 31, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
Hey .... i added a bunch of old girlsx and rgirlsx and now i get a crash error. Is this because .... I added too many or cause they are old files.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1018 on: May 31, 2014, 06:47:40 PM »
Hey .... i added a bunch of old girlsx and rgirlsx and now i get a crash error. Is this because .... I added too many or cause they are old files.
Not likely the number of files unless you added thousands of them.
Attach a few that you think may be bad and I'll take a look at them

Offline dr678diablo

« Reply #1019 on: May 31, 2014, 07:15:39 PM »
Not likely the number of files unless you added thousands of them.
Attach a few that you think may be bad and I'll take a look at them
I added the girls a bit at a time seeing which ones would crash and one of these caused a crash, If you could tell me how to fix them or just take a look that would be awesome.

actually its EEpack2.girlsx
im going to find more now and narrow it down.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:18:15 PM by dr678diablo »