Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619433 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1245 on: December 30, 2017, 10:00:31 PM »
I am currently updating the .scriptx files so that it will be easier to work with, cutting out a ton of the extraneous tags.
This will make the code more complex but writing simpler.

Code: [Select]
    <Action Type="Script_Init" />
    <Action Type="Script_ChoiceBox" ID="0" Num="7" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Reward *GIRLNAME*" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Chat with *GIRLNAME*" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Visit *GIRLNAME*&apos;s Bedroom" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Call *GIRLNAME* to your office" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Invite *GIRLNAME* to your private chambers" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Train *GIRLNAME*" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Scold *GIRLNAME*" />
    <Action Type="Script_ChoiceBox" ID="1" Num="4" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Casual Conversation" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Discuss her" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Talk about you" />
    <Action Type="Script_m_Next" Text="Go Back" />
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:04:25 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1246 on: January 03, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
You should be able to use more than 1 image in a script now but I have not tested it.

Just an update.
It doesn't work with the MeetTownDefault.script. But it works with the DefaultInteractDetail and the DefaultInteractDungeon scripts.

Offline Beracell

« Reply #1247 on: January 29, 2018, 04:15:02 AM »
Any one else changing what you get from catacombs in game not working?

I change in game what the gangs get but they still return with previous selections.
Also happens with girls when changing it from the main menu. I would save game and go to change the values in the main menu for both gangs and girls and it wont work.
The only way I get it to change is to completely exit the game and change the config manually or with the editor.
Its like the sliders currently do nothing.

Issue solved I was just having issues since I was manually changing the save file constantly to test things.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:59:45 AM by Beracell »

Offline Beracell

« Reply #1248 on: February 05, 2018, 05:55:59 AM »

Also not sure if a bug, but House Pet job doesn't seem to be making any progress. Or is it just incredibly slow? Can't remember ever "completing" House Pet training on any of my play throughs.

I read through all the code for the house pet just yesterday as I was interested in it myself, it currently acts as a skill like normal sex. But after reading through all the code and text it almost looks like it is how much the girl likes the job.

How it currently works...
The girl will start at 0 and will work her way up to 100 like any other skill but each time the training is done it only goes up 2-4 points so it will take anywhere from 25 to 50 weeks to max out her skill in it. This is also highly dependent on your disposition if your closer to saintly she tends to train around 2 a week more often.. if your on the other side of the scale with a bad disposition she trains closer to 4 a week, when reading the weekly job summary closer to saintly takes a more passive approach and closer to bad you more aggressive in the approach. As such everything is mostly dependent on your disposition. The other few different outcomes depend if beast is turned on for the house which I think effects 2 out comes which can repeat or if she is a virgin which there are one out come each for good or bad. And since there are not that many training points depending on your disposition what you will see is cut in half so you really don't get to many different summaries.
But if I am correct the value of house pet is hidden during game play so its hard to tell where your at. But the summary readout tends to change around every 20-25 points of skill so once you hit 80 you will get the same 2 summaries from then on. There is no real completion to this at the moment it seems to be at a dead end nothing to do when maxed out other than reading to same to summaries over and over again.

But I was thinking of working on this I was thinking of at least adding summaries for variety and cutting down some of the text for the current summaries, all the summaries are interesting to read but there is a lot to read that can be said with fewer words. And possibly also looking to add things towards the end so that the job is less of a dead end.

On a side note reading through the house pet and stats there is also a very partial implementation of pony girl training that looked like it was going to be added. I am not sure where it was going to be put though, the obvious area is the farm but some of the stray inputs almost read like it was going to be put into the house. If I manage to find everything needed to this I might work on this, wouldn't seem all that hard to do.

Offline Dabanisher

« Reply #1249 on: February 05, 2018, 08:49:40 PM »
i would love any additions to this aspect kinda wish it did more and was like a job or something ya know. Kinda like a pet show or something and more variations in text. if you can do anything like that lemme get my hands on it to try it out.

Offline Beracell

« Reply #1250 on: February 05, 2018, 11:56:27 PM »
i would love any additions to this aspect kinda wish it did more and was like a job or something ya know. Kinda like a pet show or something and more variations in text. if you can do anything like that lemme get my hands on it to try it out.

Code wise it is treated like a job but with no money gain so I don't think it will be hard to add things. I was thinking of adding in variety summaries just to start with, I will do that. The additions for the end that I have been thinking of are since the training so slow have it where its considered completed around 80 and then have jobs and such that can make money. I like the suggestion of a pet show and will write it down as something to add, the pet show could give prize money like 3rd place at 80, 2nd at 90, 1st at 100.

When I first got into looking at it all I thought it was going to have given a trait like broken will but it gives no traits, But I will look into adding the trait puppy/pet girl and have it give that trait at some point for the sake of a completion.

But I will start with more variety first and then look to adding in money rewards and things like that.
When it is updated I will make sure that everything is set and post it here for it to be looked over and hopefully to be added to the main game for everyone.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1251 on: February 06, 2018, 04:23:09 PM »
The command: RemoveTrait (*Virgin*) doesn't work  when running a script.

I've  checked the RemoveTrait command in combination with Sexy Air and that was working.

Kind regards,
HuiBui

Offline Dabanisher

« Reply #1252 on: February 06, 2018, 08:33:41 PM »
Beracell i dont know if this is me jsut being a part of the broken record but can it also have an image section for petgirl?

Offline Beracell

« Reply #1253 on: February 07, 2018, 04:33:35 AM »
Beracell i dont know if this is me just being a part of the broken record but can it also have an image section for petgirl?

Looking at the code puppygirl, does exist as an image type and that is the abbreviations that is called upon for the job. And I tested it, it does work. preg versions also do exist but I don't know if they work.

Use image names:
Puppygirl
Pregpuppygirl

On a side note catgirl, ponygirl, cowgirl image types (these are not called upon for house pet job) also do exist but I think cowgirl may be used for a type of sex position image, and ponygirl was never implemented completely as that job doesn't exist yet but I might work on it as well as a cowgirl for jobs on the farm later, if people are interested.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:37:32 AM by Beracell »

Offline crazy

« Reply #1254 on: February 08, 2018, 01:55:52 AM »

Okay as it was 2 years ago or so when I added puppygirl I will go over what I remember.  The job is far far from finished is what I want to start with.  The plan was always to add more text, outcomes, and such to the training but I got busy and the guy writing the text (jonwich) got hurt at work so it slowed down until we stopped working on it.  He had a different writing style and wanted longer more descriptive scenes which I was fine with so that's what we have in it but because of that it took longer to write so there isn't as many scenes as I would like there to be.  Jon had many scenes planned stuff like birthday for PC and girl etc, he also wanted to involve other girls in the scenes a lot but didn't get them all wrote.  It was the plan to have enough scenes to you may not see them all unless you did several girls trained to full and that is what the current job is training it was to get them to be puppygirls and then put them to doing different jobs that required a trained puppygirl.

The system I put in for how it works is very much like the enjoy system so ur right there.  I didn't want to just make it a skill as that is to easy to change without going thru the training.  I also feel that enjoy system would be closer to what was needed as ur changing the person as a whole who they are at there core not giving them a new skill to work with.  I needed to make it much more then it is as a fully trained girl shouldn't act like normal girls as they aren't anymore.  They need to act like puppygirls if you set them to a job like waitress or whore I just never finished it.  I also made this system as we wanted to add in more types of training after puppy was in good shape (pony, cat, cow, etc) jon also wanted to do living furniture not sure the plan for that one but I told him if he would write I would look at adding it.

The number of points that the girl gains has never been tweaked it was what I set the first time I ever coded it and I always knew it would need adjusted just never did it(I know that is what happened with most of the things I'm saying lol).

I always do this I forget what all I wanted to type as I take to long thinking of what I want to write.

Edit.
puppygirl is jonwich baby he was doing all the planning and writing for the job and future jobs.  I did the coding in return he was going write the other jobs also.

ponygirl is something I started I had plans to use it in a few different places(once the training was done) but it never got off the ground as I suck at writing and jon never got to it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:19:23 AM by crazy »

Offline grishnak

« Reply #1255 on: February 08, 2018, 02:47:54 AM »
I wanted to take a look at job balance and skill raising as well. The different writing for puppygirl (and i think jonwich had other longer texts in his modded versiion, too) is evident and seems to have a different time progression (it fits if cinsistent used in other jobs too as in jonwichs version). The original text also tends to be more neutral about the players thoughts and intentions.

What do you think about a global config variable that let's players switch between different versions? Like eitherselecting "neutraƶ" (short), "verboose" (graphic descrptive) or "custom" text versions. This would allow to use his texts from the "very bad man version" for other jobs too, while keeping the short versions as well, if not in a "very bad" mood. A custom text version could simply be an "else if" where people could copy/paste their own text without having to overwrite the original.

Offline Beracell

« Reply #1256 on: February 08, 2018, 04:31:22 AM »
Thanks for posting Crazy.
I am not going to cut the summaries super short I am just going to tailor off a few words to make it a slightly quicker read as I do like the almost story like summaries my self they they just take a while to read. I will add both long summaries, and short  for them slow days.

Is a birthday system even implemented yet, that would be interesting if it was.

Adding summaries for puppy girls on jobs should be no problem if the puppygirl trait is set as an if value check... trick is at the moment the girl doesn't get the trait from the training. I was thinking as a possibility depending on your disposition having it an enjoy factor for nicer dispositions that just grant puppygirl trait, or a break factor for bad dispositions adding the puppygirl and broken will trait because reading the current summaries that exist that looks like how it turns out.

I will work on adding in cow, pony and catgirl because I like the idea of those. I am not sure how living furniture will work either and that is a more specific fetish so right now I wont work on that maybe later down the road I will look into it.

The number of points a girl gets at the moment takes in no modifiers, for traits or obedience or anything like that, it is just a flat value. If the points gained is updated taking in girls traits and stats then the new system will have to keep it slow like it is now if it is updated you would need a lot of pet girls to be able to see most of the summaries more so if more summaries are added.

With grishnak
I was thinking about something similar for a while now where you have two check able options to select to either treat the girls good or bad in any job. If bad is checked use bad disposition summaries, if nice is checked use good. If both are checked use neutral, if both are unchecked use your current over all disposition, or something like that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:35:53 AM by Beracell »

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #1257 on: February 08, 2018, 04:45:29 PM »
I'm not sure where this goes, but here it is...A lot of girls age at different rates....(Rukia for example....at about 1 to 100).  Could we get an aging factor added as an offset of actual age?

Offline crazy

« Reply #1258 on: February 09, 2018, 01:32:20 AM »

Is a birthday system even implemented yet, that would be interesting if it was.
Pretty sure there is.  I cant remember now honestly but I feel like you can make birthday based events
I will work on adding in cow, pony and catgirl because I like the idea of those. I am not sure how living furniture will work either and that is a more specific fetish so right now I wont work on that maybe later down the road I will look into it.
Cool ive been wanting them in but without a writer I felt they would be half ass at best so never did them.
Adding summaries for puppy girls on jobs should be no problem if the puppygirl trait is set as an if value check... trick is at the moment the girl doesn't get the trait from the training. I was thinking as a possibility depending on your disposition having it an enjoy factor for nicer dispositions that just grant puppygirl trait, or a break factor for bad dispositions adding the puppygirl and broken will trait because reading the current summaries that exist that looks like how it turns out.
Trait wouldn't be to hard to add.  Could just use a check to see if her training is over a certain point like what is in the job currently..  I always just assumed that once she hit 80 training points she was full puppygirl.  But if you feel trait is better go that way.
The number of points a girl gets at the moment takes in no modifiers, for traits or obedience or anything like that, it is just a flat value. If the points gained is updated taking in girls traits and stats then the new system will have to keep it slow like it is now if it is updated you would need a lot of pet girls to be able to see most of the summaries more so if more summaries are added.
Yea it needs work traits should matter as well as skills so this seem right.
With grishnak
I was thinking about something similar for a while now where you have two check able options to select to either treat the girls good or bad in any job. If bad is checked use bad disposition summaries, if nice is checked use good. If both are checked use neutral, if both are unchecked use your current over all disposition, or something like that.
Was going do something like this but just make it to take player dispo into account.  One writer even gave me some text for evil, nice and netural outcomes for several jobs.  I just never got around to deciding how I wanted to do it if it just changed the outcomes or if I wanted the whole job to change (by whole job if you got to evil dispo a new job would show up like evil waitress that you could put the girls on that would have bad outcomes and events that happened.)  But pretty sure the text files where on my old computer that died

I wanted to take a look at job balance and skill raising as well. The different writing for puppygirl (and i think jonwich had other longer texts in his modded versiion, too) is evident and seems to have a different time progression (it fits if cinsistent used in other jobs too as in jonwichs version). The original text also tends to be more neutral about the players thoughts and intentions.

What do you think about a global config variable that let's players switch between different versions? Like eitherselecting "neutraƶ" (short), "verboose" (graphic descrptive) or "custom" text versions. This would allow to use his texts from the "very bad man version" for other jobs too, while keeping the short versions as well, if not in a "very bad" mood. A custom text version could simply be an "else if" where people could copy/paste their own text without having to overwrite the original.
Job balance is probably needed but I suck at that so I always left it alone.  A config might work for that.  But yea something is needed for it

Was planning to come back and try and code around a month ago or so but life hit me hard again.  Once things calm down again hopefully I can get in and hack at some new shit again.  Till then looking forward to other peoples work

Offline Beracell

« Reply #1259 on: February 09, 2018, 07:49:34 AM »
Trait wouldn't be to hard to add.  Could just use a check to see if her training is over a certain point like what is in the job currently..  I always just assumed that once she hit 80 training points she was full puppygirl.  But if you feel trait is better go that way.

I am thinking it can be done in one of two ways, past 80 points its considered complete and the training summaries turn more job like and add some cash gain, Or add the puppy girl trait and have other jobs do an if check for it and show appropriate summaries allowing the house pet in the house to be the pet solely for the house. But I think adding the trait will help discern what girls are trained or not, so I think just adding it would be best in the end even if the job never leaves the house.

Was going do something like this but just make it to take player dispo into account.  One writer even gave me some text for evil, nice and netural outcomes for several jobs.  I just never got around to deciding how I wanted to do it if it just changed the outcomes or if I wanted the whole job to change (by whole job if you got to evil dispo a new job would show up like evil waitress that you could put the girls on that would have bad outcomes and events that happened.)  But pretty sure the text files where on my old computer that died

If its done it could be done in one of two ways,
1.. If the A or B box is checked then run A or B dispo summaries and get the outcomes of those summaries on your return stats and such details, which allows the possibility for players to favor some girls over others.
2..But originally I was just thinking the option could just change the summaries you read but in actuality return stats still play off of your global dispo but this would require the if check, but running your global disposition for return, so would require a bit more coding.

Thinking about it I like the first option it allows the player to favor some over others and leave the rest to global dispo.

I would just have the summaries change, there's not many jobs I think that could be or have an evil counter part.

I know most of the summaries are all highly neutral at the moment so there does need to be more. Ill get to work on adding summaries as I think I could write some decent summaries. I think currently most summaries that are effected by player dispo are just the house jobs at the moment aside from a few stray summaries here and there, So I can add in many random player interactions where the player just decides to pop in.