devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 629371 times)

Offline SOMEGUY789

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #990 on: December 29, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
So I just had this happen in 06.02.19, http://imgur.com/WphYjF9, any reason I just had a trait spawn as a girl.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #991 on: December 29, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »
So I just had this happen in 06.02.19, http://imgur.com/WphYjF9, any reason I just had a trait spawn as a girl.
That usually happens when you have a broken .(r)girlsx file.
Either run your .(r)girlsx files through the editor and it will tell you what ones are broken or attach your save game and I will look for it for you.

When you find the broken file, attach it so I can look at it and try to make a work around so it doesn't happen anymore.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:20:48 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline SOMEGUY789

« Reply #992 on: December 29, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »
Seems it might've been 4 old ones I picked up from the complete game download I checked and they all had various errors that I fixed if it wasn't them though I'll check again.

Offline NeliaHawk

« Reply #993 on: January 26, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »
tried changing the "ItemSales" variable in the config.xml, but it doesnt seem to change the sell price of items... its still at 50%.

hmm cant seem to change the movie income either... doesnt matter if i use 500%, 100.0 or 0.2 the income of the movies always displays as similar numbers.

(slave buy and sell value changes do work though)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:08:42 PM by NeliaHawk »

Offline Teatime

« Reply #994 on: February 03, 2016, 10:30:44 AM »
Hi, I'm new here but I've been playing the game on and off for a while, starting with the base game, then this mod 06.01.16, later 06.01.19 and finally the latest version since about last week. I'm happily surprised to see you're still working on it and I love the new features, so I though I could as well report a few bugs.

-Major bugs-
In non-brothel buildings (centre, etc.) happiness and fame are reset every time I exit the game. The value is not simply hidden, because I had the same 3 girls doing the same jobs and "world famous" fame, then saved, exited the game (doesn't matter if I close the program or not, a reload is enough), loaded and it was unknown. After 1 turn I get "well known", so the value is somehow forgotten and starts from 0 again. Same with customer happiness. This is an old bug.

When a girl is sent to a non-brothel building she is correctly defaulted to "time off", but after saving, exiting the game and reloading the job is set as "free time", which is a job that doesn't exist in non-brothel buildings, it's called "time off" there.
Having the girl incorrectly set on "free time" causes two other problems: in the turn summary I get the message "Warning! This girl is doing nothing!" and is dark blue instead of light blue. Also, the girl that is doing nothing recuperates tiredness (and possibly happiness/health too) much more slowly when resting, probably because she is actually doing nothing instead of resting.

In the centre, when a girl is in rehab and she doesn't make progress for the day, the day count is reset. I had 1 girl with the aggressive trait, after 1 day the therapy was progressing and she had 2 days missing; the second day she didn't make any progress and the counter was reset to 3 days instead of staying at 2. I didn't move her or the counselor. This used to work properly in past versions.

When sending a girl to train at the docks via the "train girl" menu, she gains constitution but not strength, while the text says: "to improve her strength and stamina".
When sent to combat training she gains normal sex instead of combat.
When sent to train at the mage citadel, she gains refinement (which is plausible by itself) but doesn't gain magic. It's always been like that and could be intentional, but I find it counter intuitive since the text says "send her to the citadel for magic lessons".
I remember these options have always been bugged like that even in the base game and I even fixed them myself in older versions since it's very simple; I thought the scripts were low priority but I noticed you improved a lot of sections, so you might want to include these small fixes too.
Finally, girls gain magic after a blowjob/deepthroat/titjob asked via the "visit her room" option.
(Jump to last paragraph if for any reason you won't be doing it soon and want to use my fix when I make it.)

The "big boobs"/"busty boobs" etc. series of traits don't show up properly in the fetish category, not sure if it's counted anyway during the process of a customer selecting a girl (like in the message "the customer likes this type of girl"). This used to work in the base game where only "big boobs" was present.
The trait "great arse" gives the category "nice arse", "tight butt" does not.

-Minor bugs-
When a girl gains the "open minded" and "fleet of foot" traits after brothel whoring jobs, in the turn summary it's reported as a dark blue warning instead of the usual green "good news!" message. On the other hand the "slut" trait is considered "good news" even though it lowers charisma by 10 (might give other positive stat increases that I don't know of, but open minded sounds much more positive than slut).

A lot of traits negate each other in the fetish category but don't overwrite each other in the traits list. It mostly has to do with "elegant", "nerd", "dangerous" and "freaky" disappearing after gaining other traits. Sometimes 2 traits even cancel out each other's specific fetish categories.
Examples: has elegant, gains slut -> elegant trait remains in list, disappears from fetish category.
Has aggressive and is considered "dangerous" in fetish section, gains other traits without losing aggressive -> no more dangerous.
I'm not sure this is a bug: it's probably intentional, most of the changes make sense and was like this even in the base game, but I find myself forced to save before giving a girl a trait-changing item if I want to be sure she won't lose a specific fetish category, especially the rarer ones like aggressive or freaky.
The real "bug" is that the interaction between traits is not always consistent, for example I have many girls that lost the elegant fetish category after gaining slut, but one didn't and even after comparing the traits combinations with other girls I still can't find the reason.

Sometimes the rebelliousness value changes when moving a girl from a building to another. This used to happen a lot in older versions, but happened once for sure with the latest version when moving her from the main brothel to the centre. The rebelliousness value went up, like from -15 to -8. Unfortunately I couldn't replicate it, but I suspect it involved a girl received as payment in that turn and just released from the dungeon; in the dungeon-to-brothel passage the rebel value stayed the same, but went up during brothel-to-centre. I might be wrong, but if you know that rebel goes up after freeing her from the dungeon (or maybe after the hate increase for branding her), the cause could be a missing "read rebel value" in that passage, that shows up only after a "read rebel" after the brothel-centre transfer.
Obviously if rebelliousness is supposed to be influenced by the building the girl is in, this is not a bug.

-Training bugfix-
I think I'll fix the training values once more eventually if nobody does (can't use my old fix because you greatly updated the vanilla scripts, but like I said it takes 2 minutes to change the few values in question), so if you want them fixed but don't have the time to do it or it's just low priority for any reason, I can upload the fixed script for you when I make it. I don't know how much time it will save you because you'll have to check to make sure I haven't messed up something, but if it's useful I can share.
Regarding the fix, I'd have them gaining +4/+4 instead of only +4 (str and stamina for the docks, magic and refinement for the mage citadel) in the average result and +8/+8 instead of +8 in the best result. The combat training will give +4 or +8 combat instead of sex, I'll just switch "normalsex" for combat. Everything else will remain the same. The +magic in the bj section should probably become "oralsex" instead, in deepthroat should be "bdsm" and in tj should be "tittysex".
If you want different values or prices just tell me and I'll use yours, I'm just doing it because the wrong increases bug me, especially the sex for combat one which is rather comical given the context, but completely useless in practice.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #995 on: February 03, 2016, 11:11:20 PM »
Hi, I'm new here but I've been playing the game on and off for a while, starting with the base game, then this mod 06.01.16, later 06.01.19 and finally the latest version since about last week. I'm happily surprised to see you're still working on it and I love the new features, so I though I could as well report a few bugs.
Bugs get fixed faster if I know about them :p

In non-brothel buildings (centre, etc.) happiness and fame are reset every time I exit the game. The value is not simply hidden, because I had the same 3 girls doing the same jobs and "world famous" fame, then saved, exited the game (doesn't matter if I close the program or not, a reload is enough), loaded and it was unknown. After 1 turn I get "well known", so the value is somehow forgotten and starts from 0 again. Same with customer happiness. This is an old bug.
Happiness and fame never really had much effect in non-brothel buildings in the past so they didn't need to be saved.

I have added the save/load lines to the non-brothel buildings for .06.02.28.

When a girl is sent to a non-brothel building she is correctly defaulted to "time off", but after saving, exiting the game and reloading the job is set as "free time", which is a job that doesn't exist in non-brothel buildings, it's called "time off" there.
Having the girl incorrectly set on "free time" causes two other problems: in the turn summary I get the message "Warning! This girl is doing nothing!" and is dark blue instead of light blue. Also, the girl that is doing nothing recuperates tiredness (and possibly happiness/health too) much more slowly when resting, probably because she is actually doing nothing instead of resting.
I have added FixFreeTimeJobs() to the girls loading section so this should be fixed in .06.02.28.

In the centre, when a girl is in rehab and she doesn't make progress for the day, the day count is reset. I had 1 girl with the aggressive trait, after 1 day the therapy was progressing and she had 2 days missing; the second day she didn't make any progress and the counter was reset to 3 days instead of staying at 2. I didn't move her or the counselor. This used to work properly in past versions.
Rehab and therapy jobs use m_WorkingDay to track the days.
During the day shift the m_WorkingDay goes up 1 if she cooperates and goes down one in the night shift if she does not cooperate.
If she cooperates both shifts she passes the day and m_WorkingDay goes up, if she does not cooperate both shifts it goes down.
Anger Management did not have the night shift only check so it was lowering it twice if she did not cooperate both shifts instead of lowering it once.
This was intended to make it harder to get over anger management traits but may be a bit too much.
(I'm not sure if I explained that right.)

I have made all the therapy jobs work the same way.

When sending a girl to train at the docks via the "train girl" menu, she gains constitution but not strength, while the text says: "to improve her strength and stamina".
When sent to combat training she gains normal sex instead of combat.
When sent to train at the mage citadel, she gains refinement (which is plausible by itself) but doesn't gain magic. It's always been like that and could be intentional, but I find it counter intuitive since the text says "send her to the citadel for magic lessons".
I remember these options have always been bugged like that even in the base game and I even fixed them myself in older versions since it's very simple; I thought the scripts were low priority but I noticed you improved a lot of sections, so you might want to include these small fixes too.
Finally, girls gain magic after a blowjob/deepthroat/titjob asked via the "visit her room" option.
(Jump to last paragraph if for any reason you won't be doing it soon and want to use my fix when I make it.)
That script is rather out of date, there are newer ones somewhere on the forums but I can't remember exactly where.

The "big boobs"/"busty boobs" etc. series of traits don't show up properly in the fetish category, not sure if it's counted anyway during the process of a customer selecting a girl (like in the message "the customer likes this type of girl"). This used to work in the base game where only "big boobs" was present.
The trait "great arse" gives the category "nice arse", "tight butt" does not.

A lot of traits negate each other in the fetish category but don't overwrite each other in the traits list. It mostly has to do with "elegant", "nerd", "dangerous" and "freaky" disappearing after gaining other traits. Sometimes 2 traits even cancel out each other's specific fetish categories.
Examples: has elegant, gains slut -> elegant trait remains in list, disappears from fetish category.
Has aggressive and is considered "dangerous" in fetish section, gains other traits without losing aggressive -> no more dangerous.
I'm not sure this is a bug: it's probably intentional, most of the changes make sense and was like this even in the base game, but I find myself forced to save before giving a girl a trait-changing item if I want to be sure she won't lose a specific fetish category, especially the rarer ones like aggressive or freaky.
The real "bug" is that the interaction between traits is not always consistent, for example I have many girls that lost the elegant fetish category after gaining slut, but one didn't and even after comparing the traits combinations with other girls I still can't find the reason.
Fetishes are not always based off of specific traits but rather all of the girl's traits.
Each trait affects a fetish by a number, all the numbers are added together and if it passes 50, the girl meets that fetish.
If you want to see all the numbers look in the source code: cGirls.cpp > CalculateGirlType

When a girl gains the "open minded" and "fleet of foot" traits after brothel whoring jobs, in the turn summary it's reported as a dark blue warning instead of the usual green "good news!" message. On the other hand the "slut" trait is considered "good news" even though it lowers charisma by 10 (might give other positive stat increases that I don't know of, but open minded sounds much more positive than slut).
When a girl levels up to a level divisible by 5 she can gain one of these traits: "Agile", "Charismatic", "Charming", "Cool Person", "Fake Orgasm Expert", "Fleet of Foot", "Good Kisser", "Nimble Tongue", "Nymphomaniac", "Open Minded", "Sexy Air".
This was a rather old piece of code long before EVENT_GOODNEWS was added.
I have fixed it so these will be reported as good news.
I have also added a part to PossiblyGainNewTrait() to make the event type customizeable so that slut will be added as EVENT_WARNING instead of EVENT_GOODNEWS.

Sometimes the rebelliousness value changes when moving a girl from a building to another. This used to happen a lot in older versions, but happened once for sure with the latest version when moving her from the main brothel to the centre. The rebelliousness value went up, like from -15 to -8. Unfortunately I couldn't replicate it, but I suspect it involved a girl received as payment in that turn and just released from the dungeon; in the dungeon-to-brothel passage the rebel value stayed the same, but went up during brothel-to-centre. I might be wrong, but if you know that rebel goes up after freeing her from the dungeon (or maybe after the hate increase for branding her), the cause could be a missing "read rebel value" in that passage, that shows up only after a "read rebel" after the brothel-centre transfer.
Obviously if rebelliousness is supposed to be influenced by the building the girl is in, this is not a bug.
The only thing in a building that affects rebelliousness is the Matron.
If the new building does not have a matron and the old one did, you will get a change in rebel.

tried changing the "ItemSales" variable in the config.xml, but it doesnt seem to change the sell price of items... its still at 50%.
hmm cant seem to change the movie income either... doesnt matter if i use 500%, 100.0 or 0.2 the income of the movies always displays as similar numbers.
(slave buy and sell value changes do work though)
Not all of the config settings do anything.
I do plan on making them work but I have not had time lately to work on the game.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:20:44 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Teatime

« Reply #996 on: February 04, 2016, 06:17:28 AM »
Haha that's right, thanks a lot for the lightning fast bugfixes!

I didn't know about the happiness/fame thing, I kept thinking I was doing something wrong at first.
Same with the fetish categories, thanks for explaining. I'm not sure I'll be able to actually understand much of the source code because I have zero coding experience, but I'll take a look. I can barely script thanks to memories of Turbo Pascal back in high school, many many years ago :) but only because most of the scripts are really simple and I have examples of working ones.

Yes you explained the rehab well, I never used the feature extensively in older versions and I didn't know about the increased difficulty.

Nice, for now I've fixed the script but I'll take a look at the new ones. Really, sending your 100 beauty/charisma girl in armor for combat training, paying for it and seeing her come back in the evening all happy and satisfied, just to discover she's been doing H stuff all day was hilariously disarming. Made me want to have a little talk with that trainer regarding his professionalism ;)

About rebelliousness, I didn't have a matron so it shouldn't be that, but I'll keep testing to see if I can replicate it when I receive another girl for payment. I know it doesn't make sense since you just confirmed it shouldn't happen, but I'm curious to know if I was just seeing things or if there's some other factor unrelated to the building I didn't consider.

Thanks again for the new version, I'll try it now. Meanwhile, I have a few more minor bugs.
When a girl is on cleaning duty, she is paid 1 gold for every point of cleanliness rating improved. A girl with 100 service cleans for 300 and gets paid a whopping 300 gold. I've seen this already reported but it's still unchanged so I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

Sometimes a girl will improve cleanliness rating by a non integer number, like 47.2. I have more than one girl that does this, it's always during the first times a girl is employed in cleaning and it disappears eventually as her service goes up.

Now this is hard to explain so I hope I can do it right. In the turn summary, when a girl on whoring job does a beast interaction and has a high enough beast skill value to get the variable description (the funny ones in which various parts are randomly put together to make always different descriptions), her name doesn't show up and there's just a single space instead. Specifically, the part with the missing name is the third, I'll make an example:
Customer chooses her because (var).
(name) brings customer to her room.
(here the name is missing) (description of the action).

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #997 on: February 04, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »
When a girl is on cleaning duty, she is paid 1 gold for every point of cleanliness rating improved. A girl with 100 service cleans for 300 and gets paid a whopping 300 gold. I've seen this already reported but it's still unchanged so I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.
300 is too high but how much should it pay?
I'll make it 30 + 1 per 10 cleanliness for now.
Anyone got a better pay scale for cleaners, let me know.

Sometimes a girl will improve cleanliness rating by a non integer number, like 47.2. I have more than one girl that does this, it's always during the first times a girl is employed in cleaning and it disappears eventually as her service goes up.
Just a simple double to string conversion problem.
I fixed it to convert the double to an int before passing it to the string.

Now this is hard to explain so I hope I can do it right. In the turn summary, when a girl on whoring job does a beast interaction and has a high enough beast skill value to get the variable description (the funny ones in which various parts are randomly put together to make always different descriptions), her name doesn't show up and there's just a single space instead. Specifically, the part with the missing name is the third, I'll make an example:
Customer chooses her because (var).
(name) brings customer to her room.
(here the name is missing) (description of the action).
Easily fixed.

Offline SOMEGUY789

« Reply #998 on: February 05, 2016, 02:47:29 AM »
Honestly that sounds kinda weird I'd assume like in real life a cleaner would just get a base pay rather than by how much they clean. If there was a way to make it so they had a base pay that's decreased depending on how much filth the place still has it would probably make more sense that way.

Offline Teatime

« Reply #999 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
Thanks again for the fixes! No more bugs for now :)

About cleaning pay:
If there was a way to make it so they had a base pay that's decreased depending on how much filth the place still has it would probably make more sense that way.
It's true that this solution seems more "real life", but I'm not a big fan of it because the amount of filthiness left is pretty much determined by the player, or more specifically by when you put the girl on cleaning. I'm sure nobody waits to have more than 300 filthiness before cleaning to capitalize on the discount when every single customer you lose can cost you 100 base gold + a 20 gold tip, so we'd end up always paying the full price anyway.

The "cool" solution would be "base pay + x more gold for y points of filthiness actually removed", but this would require a good amount of additional stuff and I don't consider it top priority, so I'm really liking the "30 + 1 per 10 cleanliness"; it's simple, it never goes above 60 and I consider that pay more in line with other non-whoring jobs like guarding and counseling.

---
Edit: well, I said there were no more bugs but I was wrong. The latest version only partially fixed "time off" becoming "free time": now it's still incorrectly set as "free time" after a load, but becomes "time off" as it should only after 1 turn or after transferring a girl to another building. Also, the blue warning saying "this girl is doing nothing!" instead of a proper resting message is still there, regardless of wether "time off" or "free time" is selected and even after various weeks. This happens in all non brothel buildings.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:28:26 PM by Teatime »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1000 on: February 05, 2016, 01:30:10 PM »
I did start making some of the girls working a few jobs have to take time from their normal work to clean if it gets too dirty.
Blacksmith, cobbler, farm research, intern, jeweler, make items and tailor all have some kind of reduction from filthiness.
More jobs will get this sooner or later.

Offline Teatime

« Reply #1001 on: February 05, 2016, 01:43:53 PM »
That's ok, all buildings should have some kind of penalty for filthiness after all. The only missing ones are centre and house now. This will also make me feel less silly for always wanting 0 filthiness when it wasn't even important.

Sorry to point this out, but to avoid double posting I edited my previous message with a bug, you might have missed it since I edited 2 minutes before you posted.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1002 on: February 05, 2016, 02:24:30 PM »
The latest version only partially fixed "time off" becoming "free time": now it's still incorrectly set as "free time" after a load, but becomes "time off" as it should only after 1 turn or after transferring a girl to another building. Also, the blue warning saying "this girl is doing nothing!" instead of a proper resting message is still there, regardless of wether "time off" or "free time" is selected and even after various weeks. This happens in all non brothel buildings.
I put the fix in the wrong place.
The load girl part doesn't take the building into account when loading, the add girl does.
I have moved it to the right place and cleaned up the code a bit so it will be easier to use in other parts.

Offline Tyrgalon

« Reply #1003 on: February 06, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »
Nice bugfixing guys :D

Offline Baal

« Reply #1004 on: February 08, 2016, 01:33:05 AM »
Having an issue with the video job promoter not promoting videos. I have released videos but it just keeps saying she's promoting the studio in general and not the videos. Not a bug but i'd love the movie interface to be easier to see here is a picture.