devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master Editor 0.8.32  (Read 122308 times)

Offline Jacko

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.17
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 01:16:29 AM »
Thanks Aevojoey.

So I tried to save and it gives the error message: Index was outside the bounds of the array. I don't know what this means.

Edit: Okay, so I decided I would just make a brand new random girls file (I've been modifying my old random girls file - sorry for not indicating that sooner.), and lo and behold, it seems to have saved properly. I guess that means I'm going to begin the arduous process of re-entering all of the rgirls data to make a new file, unless you can think of something that would prevent that... hopefully.

Edit#2: More possible bugs:

1. The morality stat doesn't save in random girls, haven't tried it in Girls.
2. The Dignity and Refinement stats seem to be linked together between the Random Girls. Choosing a certain refinement or dignity for one of them and pressing update girl affects all of them.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:54:39 AM by Jacko »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 09:00:58 PM »
So I tried to save and it gives the error message: Index was outside the bounds of the array. I don't know what this means.

Edit: Okay, so I decided I would just make a brand new random girls file (I've been modifying my old random girls file - sorry for not indicating that sooner.), and lo and behold, it seems to have saved properly. I guess that means I'm going to begin the arduous process of re-entering all of the rgirls data to make a new file, unless you can think of something that would prevent that... hopefully.
"Index was outside the bounds of the array" means that there is something in the girls's file that is not accounted for in the code.
Attach one of the files that does not load so I can test it and find out what that is.

Edit#2: More possible bugs:
1. The morality stat doesn't save in random girls, haven't tried it in Girls.
2. The Dignity and Refinement stats seem to be linked together between the Random Girls. Choosing a certain refinement or dignity for one of them and pressing update girl affects all of them.
Will look into it.

Update to both:
I found a few places where I missed adding the 3 new stats.
In one place I had copy/pasted the morality but didn't change the pasted stuff to the 3 new stats so it had morality 4 times.
This would probably be the cause of the Index out of bounds errors.
In another place I didn't add the output to the database for the 3new so it would not update properly.
I also found a place where footjob was missing and fixed that too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:39:54 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline aevojoey

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.18
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 10:16:14 PM »
WME.0.8.18 is up
It should load and save all (r)girlsx properly now.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2015, 11:24:21 PM »
"Index was outside the bounds of the array" means that there is something in the girls's file that is not accounted for in the code.
Attach one of the files that does not load so I can test it and find out what that is.

My girlsx file is 386kb, so I can't upload it through the site. Is there a site I can use to share it that is simple and easy and doesn't require me to sign up?

Edit: Whatever you did fixed the problem, everything seems to be working now. Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:16:26 AM by Jacko »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:18 PM »

My girlsx file is 386kb, so I can't upload it through the site. Is there a site I can use to share it that is simple and easy and doesn't require me to sign up?
Try it with WME.0.8.18 first to see if it works.

I like Mega.co.nz, you do need to create a free account but it is fairly easy to do.

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2015, 05:11:51 AM »
Added a new items pack last night (feel free to cherry pick again). I was just wondering: are there any drawbacks to combining several items into a single itemsx file? For example, I could make an itemsx file named "ShoHaFa Helmets 1", and put all my helmets in there, instead of placing each helmet into a seperate itemsx file. It might be harder to find back specific items for editing later, unless I properly keep track of what's in each file. But it would make editing files in the editor and loading files much more convenient. So, to me, my biggest worry would be how the game itself handles these, specifically thinking of the resources and the randomizer.

Offline sacredferro

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2015, 10:14:33 PM »
Trying to add the "is daughter" or "Your Daughter" status' to items causes one of those "unhandled exceptions has occurred" error messages to popup and that item's current list of traits gets removed. Trying to do anything else with that item (including selecting it) besides deleting it causes the same popup each time, rendering the item broken.

Also, sorry if I should know this, but what is "Horoscope Type"? I've been changing it from "Tropical (Western)" to "Sideral (Hindu)", but haven't really notice anything different in game.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2015, 10:52:08 PM »
i belive it is just a slight difference in the names
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 08:05:27 AM »
Added a new items pack last night (feel free to cherry pick again). I was just wondering: are there any drawbacks to combining several items into a single itemsx file? For example, I could make an itemsx file named "ShoHaFa Helmets 1", and put all my helmets in there, instead of placing each helmet into a seperate itemsx file. It might be harder to find back specific items for editing later, unless I properly keep track of what's in each file. But it would make editing files in the editor and loading files much more convenient. So, to me, my biggest worry would be how the game itself handles these, specifically thinking of the resources and the randomizer.
I just put them into individual files so I can find them easier.
If you want to make a single file with your items in it, I can chop it up myself when adding them to the game.
There really is no noticeable difference if they are in one file or 600 files, the game will check every .itemsx file it finds.

Trying to add the "is daughter" or "Your Daughter" status' to items causes one of those "unhandled exceptions has occurred" error messages to popup and that item's current list of traits gets removed. Trying to do anything else with that item (including selecting it) besides deleting it causes the same popup each time, rendering the item broken.
I'll check it out.
As usual it was just a line that didn't get updated.
Will be working in WME.0.8.19

Also, sorry if I should know this, but what is "Horoscope Type"? I've been changing it from "Tropical (Western)" to "Sideral (Hindu)", but haven't really notice anything different in game.
I added 2 options because they are the most common options.
The only real difference is the dates for the signs.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_and_tropical_astrology for the differences.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 08:30:01 AM by aevojoey »

Offline aevojoey

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.21
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 09:16:47 PM »
WME.8.21 is out.
More things added to config.xml.
.(r)girlsx now save stats/skills in the order that they are in the editor/game.

The scripts tab does not really do much yet.
See this - Script conversion to XML Progress for more info.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.23
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2015, 01:37:23 AM »
WME.8.23 is out.

Several additions to config.xml.
A few things updated dealing with accommodation.
Temporary traits given by items can now be set to last a custom amount of turns.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:43:18 AM by aevojoey »

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2015, 06:14:23 PM »
Can you detail what Weight does for an item.  You mentioned in an earlier discussion that have multiple instances of an item within the items file gave it greater weight so a better chance of appearing.  Is this just another way of implementing that?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »
Can you detail what Weight does for an item.  You mentioned in an earlier discussion that have multiple instances of an item within the items file gave it greater weight so a better chance of appearing.  Is this just another way of implementing that?
Weight is how much the item weighs in pounds.
Currently it is not used but in the future it will add up and slow girls down if they are carrying too much stuff.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.24
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2015, 10:24:31 PM »
WME.8.24 is up
Mostly config changes and some item cleanup.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.25
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2015, 05:06:13 AM »
WME.8.25 is up.

Just a few minor fixes