PyTFall > PyTFall: Bugs and Game balancing

Code review

<< < (4/8) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: rudistoned on June 26, 2013, 08:51:42 AM ---Do you remember the symptoms of the problem you observed?

--- End quote ---

There is no call to "remember", it becomes obvious the moment you change iterator name back to brothel and buy more than one brothel.

Try actually setting girls working in the brothels :)

rudistoned:
I checked out revision c4ba128 (- Updated Traits File)
I bough two extra buildings
I set girls to work in these buildings
I clicked trough all events on next day

Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Xela:

--- Quote from: rudistoned on June 26, 2013, 09:43:15 AM ---I checked out revision c4ba128 (- Updated Traits File)
I bough two extra buildings
I set girls to work in these buildings
I clicked trough all events on next day

Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

--- End quote ---

After you buy several brothels:

Note that if iterator name in the girls assign screen is 'brothel':

1) When you set girls to work, tooltip displays faulty data.
2) Jobs available for girls in the brothel of your choice is not being updated either (Stripper job should be available to Mei in that brothel).

Note that problem disappears if you iterate with brtl (or anything else on the screen) with rest of the code being exactly the same, job is available, tooltip is functioning correctly.

rudistoned:
Now I checked out the newest revision of master and changed "brtl" back to "brothel". Something should be wrong because the "brothel" variable of the label is used in the screen here:

--- Code: ---    if brothel_selected:
        frame background Frame("content/gfx/bg/pergament.jpg",10,10):
            align (0,0.65)
            side "c r":
                viewport id "girlaction_vp":

<...>

if brothel.free_rooms() > 0 or chr.location == brothel:

for entry in brothel.actions:
                                    if entry == 'Stripper':

--- End code ---

If "brothel" is used in the for loop in the screen code before my quoted code is executed, it would change which actual brothel the "brothel" variable in the quoted code refers to. I suppose that is the root of the problems you saw.

Xela:

--- Quote from: rudistoned on June 26, 2013, 10:00:30 AM ---If "brothel" is used in the for loop in the screen code before my quoted code is executed, it would change which actual brothel the "brothel" variable in the quoted code refers to. I suppose that is the root of the problems you saw.

--- End quote ---

Prolly is the case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version