PyTFall > PyTFall: Bugs and Game balancing

Game Balancing - General

<< < (2/10) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on May 28, 2014, 12:39:50 PM ---You said you won't do anything in the near future, so I took my time  :)
I'll finish it tomorrow.

As for low sex prices, it's well explained in Otherworld. Either our MC builds the very first brothel in the city, they don't have sex slaves too (or at least they are very rare and expensive) and prices are high because there is no competition, or vice versa. I'm under impression that we have the second case so far.

--- End quote ---

I am not going to do anything major but I could use something to think about. You need to make sure number add up and game is balanced with them, not just the base values but their progression as well.

I fixed the saving thing and pushed it to SF yesterday and prototyped difficulties class today that would allow to pick difficulty at any point in game. I don't know if I get the chance to work on something tomorrow but if I will next would be taxes of profits instead of income, balance class or guides.

DarkTl:
I fixed base cost a bit and come up with approximate formulas for whoring. I'm not sure how the game calculates payment for non whoring jobs like waitress or guard, so I'm not sure about values either. For now I'm assuming that whores get their money per act, while others per day.

I tested it in excel, looks pretty good. You could try it too if you are not sure about my values.

Before I'll start to change items prices, we should reach agreement about girls payment.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on May 29, 2014, 05:05:51 AM ---I fixed base cost a bit and come up with approximate formulas for whoring. I'm not sure how the game calculates payment for non whoring jobs like waitress or guard, so I'm not sure about values either. For now I'm assuming that whores get their money per act, while others per day.

I tested it in excel, looks pretty good. You could try it too if you are not sure about my values.

Before I'll start to change items prices, we should reach agreement about girls payment.

--- End quote ---

That's what I am talking about :)

Ok, I'll slowly start updating the game with this as time permits and creating ways to modify this in the future that are less painful. Don't forget that there are dozens of other balancing values like ranks, different arena fights, training and etc.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on May 29, 2014, 05:05:51 AM ---I'm not sure how the game calculates payment for non whoring jobs like waitress or guard, so I'm not sure about values either. For now I'm assuming that whores get their money per act, while others per day.

--- End quote ---

Not really, it's a bit more complicated with this:

1) Guards:

+ Do not earn you any money unless an event where they apprehend an aggressor that would rather pay up than face the authorities. *Note here that girls that fight in the arena and get payed there also consider that money as part of their wages.
- They get payed on daily basis unless it's a rest day (we could easily make it once per week/month as in rl but it would be a bit confusing to the player). They expect payment even when sent training I believe.

2) Whores:

+ They make money per act, can receive tips as well. Player may choose if the girl keeps the tips in the Girl Control.
- They get payed on daily basis, actually everyone gets payed on daily basis so there are less calculations during the next day. If you wish to know the order, this is it for all girls:

Jobs/Job Events --> Logging all income in finances --> Settling finances per girl during their individual Next Day method.

3) Strippers:

+ They only earn tips (sometimes quite a bit actually), player gets to choose if they're allowed to keep those or not.
- Same as with the rest of the girls, daily wages.

4) Waitresses or Bartenders:

+ They earn money based on the amount of customers they serve. This gets trickier because strippers are the once who "keep" the costumers in your establishment and keep the cash flowing in. Right now costumers have a limited amount of money but game assumes that those are infinite for a number of reasons (no balance sheet being the main one :) ). So the same customer can buy multiple "discrete units" of service (assumes those units are liquor, beer, snacks and etc.). Updates increase the price of those "discrete units".
- Get payed like everyone else.

5) Cleaners:

+ I do not believe they make any money or we currently have any events like funding a coin purse unless I've coded something and forgot.
- They get paid like everyone else being the same ServiceGirls as Waitresses.

We also need to include costumers into your spread sheet, per social rank and balance out as well. There are a lot of smaller things but once the base prices are established I think we can just throw that balance doc in dropbox and add stuff to it as we go.

DarkTl:
I believe only whores will have ranks?

I need to know how many girls ranks and how many customers social ranks we have, and what exactly ranks should mean. More girls's rank = more customers social rank, or there is more?

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on May 29, 2014, 06:55:36 AM ---I believe only whores will have ranks?

I need to know how many girls ranks and how many customers social ranks we have, and what exactly ranks should mean. More girls's rank = more customers social rank, or there is more?

--- End quote ---

Yes, only whores.

wranks = {
                'r1': dict(id=1, name=('Rank 1: Kirimise', '(Almost beggar)'), price=0),
                'r2': dict(id=2, name=("Rank 2: Heya-Mochi", "(Low-class prostitute)"), price=1000, ref=45, exp=10000),
                'r3': dict(id=3, name=("Rank 3: Zashiki-Mochi", "(Middle-class Prostitute"), price=3000, ref=60, exp=25000),
                'r4': dict(id=4, name=("Rank 4: Tsuke-Mawashi", "(Courtesan)"), price=5000, ref=80, exp=50000),
                'r5': dict(id=5, name=("Rank 5: Chûsan", "(Famous)"), price=7500, ref=100, exp=100000),
                'r6': dict(id=6, name=("Rank 6: Yobidashi", "(High-Class Courtesan)"), price=10000, ref=120, exp=250000),
                'r7': dict(id=7, name=("Rank 7: Koshi", "(Nation famous)"), price=25000, ref=200, exp=400000),
                'r8': dict(id=8, name=("Rank 8: Tayu", "(Legendary)"), price=50000, ref=250, exp=800000)
            }

self.clientCastes = ['Beggar', 'Peasant', 'Merchant', 'Nomad', 'Wealthy Merchant', 'Clerk', 'Noble', 'Royal']

Basically it's a system of matching girls to customers, both might get livid if they are more than two ranks apart. We have 8 ranks for girls and 8 ranks for costumers BUT I would like to have more costumer types, that can be achieved in various ways obviously. There are consequences (sometimes severe) if you rank up girls too quickly, in fact you can loose your game because of it (run out of money).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version