devolution

Author Topic: .girlsx problem  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Lord

.girlsx problem
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »
Alright, I edited a .girlsx file to change a few traits, but every time I encounter the girl in the slave market, she still has the previous traits. I look back at the .girlsx file and it's showing what I changed it to, even cleared and reloaded the file several times to make sure, and have checked to make sure there are no other files using the same character. Is it doing this because the game save first encountered the character with the previous traits and is not updating? It's a barely a new game, so starting over won't be too much of a problem, but I'd rather not do that if I'm just going to encounter the same issue.
"He urged me to go away, and said that I shouldn't return until I was... "younger and female", were his words, I believe."

Offline Lord

Re: .girlsx problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »
I'm having the same problem with the several other girls(Damn Sailor Scouts), and taking them all and saving them in a new, single file has not worked to correct the problem.
"He urged me to go away, and said that I shouldn't return until I was... "younger and female", were his words, I believe."

Offline FluffyMongeese

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »
I edited a .girlsx while playing a game and I had the girl in my brothel and it didn't change her traits. Later that girl was captured from the catacombs again and she had the updated traits, which then led to me having two of the same girl one non-updated, and one updated.

you might be able to get the one with updated traits and the non-updated one as well.

Offline Lord

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 07:29:28 PM »
I wouldn't think the same girl would appear twice unless you had more than one .girlsx using her.

Anyway, a new game has the characters as I edited them, but starting a new game each time I edit a single girl seems like a major issue. I'm also encountering a girl who's .girlsx I deleted(since I did a merger, ex. Sailor Venus and Venus, since having the same character appear twice doesn't sit right with me.).

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »
as soon as you start a new game, unique girls get saved into the save game, so if you edit your girlsx file,
you can look for the name of the girl in your current save and make the same changes there too
(make a copy of your save before you change anything, just in case something goes wrong)

I'm not sure if rgirlsx templates are stored in the save as well or if the game takes the original rgirlsx
everytime it creates a random girl of that type.

Offline Lord

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:23:48 AM »
as soon as you start a new game, unique girls get saved into the save game, so if you edit your girlsx file,
you can look for the name of the girl in your current save and make the same changes there too
(make a copy of your save before you change anything, just in case something goes wrong)

I'm not sure if rgirlsx templates are stored in the save as well or if the game takes the original rgirlsx
everytime it creates a random girl of that type.

Do you mean use items to make the changes? Or do we have a save editor?

Offline Rafflesia

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:12:13 AM »
You can open the savefiles with notepad or something and edit them that way. Search for the old girl's section with the stats and traits and delete the whole thing.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »
.rgirlsx are not stored in the savegame file so you can change them anytime and new random girls will have the changes.
 - Existing random girls will not update with the changed file.

.girlsx are saved in 2 places in the savegame file:
The first is in <Loaded_Files><Girls_Files>
 - Remove the <File Filename="name.girlsx" /> for the changed file.
 - Removing her from this list will reload her when the game is loaded.
The second place is in a <Girls> section:
 - If she is not acquired yet, she will be in the first part just after the </Loaded_Files>
 - If she is in a building, find the <Girls> section for that building and remove or edit her there.

If you remove the <Loaded_Files> part but not the <Girls> part, you will get multiples of the same girl.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:34:57 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Lord

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:16:49 PM »
You can open the savefiles with notepad or something and edit them that way. Search for the old girl's section with the stats and traits and delete the whole thing.
.rgirlsx are not stored in the savegame file so you can change them anytime and new random girls will have the changes. - Existing random girls will not update with the changed file..girlsx are saved in 2 places in the savegame file:The first is in <Loaded_Files><Girls_Files> - Remove the <File Filename="name.girlsx" /> for the changed file. - Removing her from this list will reload her when the game is loaded.The second place is in a <Girls> section: - If she is not acquired yet, she will be in the first part just after the </Loaded_Files> - If she is in a building, find the <Girls> section for that building and remove or edit her there.If you remove the <Loaded_Files> part but not the <Girls> part, you will get multiples of the same girl.

Alright, now I know what to do next time. Thanks for the help.

Another thing, what's with this forum and randomly adding in BB Code for size and font in my text? Weird as hell to post and see part of my text has been shrunken down to tiny words and is in Verdana font when I go to fix it, like just now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:20:27 PM by Lord »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 12:54:47 AM »
Another thing, what's with this forum and randomly adding in BB Code for size and font in my text? Weird as hell to post and see part of my text has been shrunken down to tiny words and is in Verdana font when I go to fix it, like just now.
Generally that can sometimes happen when you copy text from a source which has advanced formatting, such as a webpage in your browser, a Word or PDF document, or similar, and pasting that text with advanced formatting information into the WYSIWYG post editor.