Author Topic: Questions regarding things in the game  (Read 20379 times)

Offline Kalebon

Questions regarding things in the game
« on: December 18, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
I have a question and was wondering a couple of things since they give me difficulty.

the question:
1) how do you lower suspicion? I have had mine in the game raise and cannot figure out how to get it back down. (I currently am bribing the government officials but seeing no change in suspicion description)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:42:00 AM by Kalebon »

Offline sgb

Re: Questions regarding things in the game
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »
Bribes just lower your suspicion by a certain amount every turn, it does not have an immediate impact.  Also, try increasing the amount if you can afford it.  100 gold a turn will not have much impact.  1000 gold a turn will drop it quickly.

Offline letmein

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 12:04:26 PM »
The better plan is just to ignore it, since I'm almost certain that it has no effect whatsoever.  Except, possibly, for government raid events, which can be stopped entirely with a largish government influence from bribes.
Still lurking.

Offline kalador

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:13:40 PM »
Enslaving girls, torturing girls, and kidnapping girls for non-payment (let him go and have your men follow him home) will raise the suspicion level, so are to be avoided.
What I have found to work the best for non-payment is to either take his daughter (if that option is available) or to send him to my dungeon, then torture and release, all in the same turn.
Following those guidelines, I am bribing at 100 gold per week, have a "Benevolent" reputation, and a suspicion level of "Town Scum" with no raids. ;)

Offline dcb42

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 09:53:57 PM »
Suspicion is almost certainly the trigger for government raids; bribes do wonders to keep it down. By the endgame you can be torturing, enslaving, and kidnapping left and right and it doesn't matter because you're giving 25000 a week to the government, so your reputation still ends up at 'Town Hero.' :D

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 01:27:39 AM »
It used to be that letting deadbeats go would lower suspicion, now aside from bribes I think the only thing that lowers it is freeing slaves (though that might influence alignment, not suspicion).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 01:59:46 AM »
That sounds like a bug, in which case.

Offline Vorpal

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 10:20:59 PM »
Question: What exactly does the accommodation quality do? Is there any kind of bonus besides happiness/love (e.g., a tiredness decrease)?

Offline Alugere

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 01:03:59 AM »
I believe higher accommodation levels help lower rebellion over time.

Offline Vorpal

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 07:50:56 AM »
I think that might be through the PCLove stat rather than Obedience, though.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 01:43:02 PM »
Accommodations don't directly affect rebellion, though they may affect stats that then affect rebellion.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

exodia91

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 03:23:48 PM »
So giving a girl royalty level accommodations doesn't lower her rebellion? I call BS, unless she utterly hates you or has some crazy type trait, excellent living conditions SHOULD lower rebellion.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
...Unless she then believes that being, well, a whore... is below her. Then she may... I don't know... rebel more.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »
It would be nice if we know what room level accommodations do to stats. I tend to give all my places high class as I believe employees should be well taken care of but that is just me. :)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
Currently, it's purely a happiness thing. I tweaked the calculation to make it have a bit more effect, but I'm not sure that made it into the last release.

In any event, accommodation level affects happiness, and happiness affects  rebellion, but it's not a major thing. Higher level girls expect better digs ... but mainly, right now it's a roleplaying thing.

I will see about addressing this once we get over the 1.30 hump. For now though, feel free to keep 'em in kennels if that makes you happy :)