Author Topic: Questions regarding things in the game  (Read 20233 times)

Offline dcb42

Re: Questions regarding things in the game
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
So giving a girl royalty level accommodations doesn't lower her rebellion? I call BS, unless she utterly hates you or has some crazy type trait, excellent living conditions SHOULD lower rebellion.

Well, excellent living conditions make the girl happier, and a happier girl has lower rebellion naturally. Which makes sense, really, as a nice room can be reasonably assumed to make a girl more cheerful and comfortable, but the living conditions in and of themselves won't make her listen to you more or care about your opinion.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
the living conditions in and of themselves won't make her listen to you more or care about your opinion.
Which is a fair point, really. If her basic attitude is "you're not that boss of me" then giving her nice digs isn't necessarily going to help.

I think part of the problem is that there is no "rebellion" stat as such. It's entirely a derived value based on about two dozen calculations and special cases. So it's not just a case of adding something this to the weekly update function:
Code: [Select]
girl->rebellion -= girl->accLevel * 2;

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 11:39:58 PM »
How do you actually buy or get a new brothel or building? My current objective says "Purchase the next brothel" but I can't find anything that allows me to do so. Is this not implemented yet?

exodia91

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
How do you actually buy or get a new brothel or building? My current objective says "Purchase the next brothel" but I can't find anything that allows me to do so. Is this not implemented yet?

If you look on the town screen, there are two brothel icons at the start (the red lips).  One is for the brothel you start with, the other is for the first brothel you can expand to.  In order to expand, you need to be extorting money from a certain number of businesses (accomplished through gangs acquiring territory).  When you reach the requisite amount (IIRC, it's 30 for the first one, click on the icon to see what you need), you can click on the icon and opt to buy the property.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 01:07:55 AM »
Is my game bugged then? Because all I see is one pair of lips. And I believe I have around 36 businesses taken over. Edit: Yes, 36 is the number I have.

Here's a screenshot: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1026/part1s.png
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:44:10 AM by ElvisLives »

Offline windsongbard

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 01:54:53 AM »
Yup, it's bugged.  I am not sure what caused that to happen for you.  It should be almost straight south from the market just to the right of the gate.  Try starting a new game and see if it's there.  If so then try saving, quit, and reload your current game and hope it's there.  If it's still not there you may have to start over.  If neither game has it then you can try to download and reinstall the game and repeat and hope it fixes the issue.  If that doesn't work then I am really stumped.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 02:35:25 AM »
According to the screenshot, you are running v1.29, which is outdated.  The most current version is 1.29.4.6 (get the full install here or download the 1.29.4 and 1.29.4.6 patches here and here).  If you get the patches, patch to 1.29.4 and then to 1.29.4.6.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 07:34:39 AM »
Ok, now that I knew what I was looking for I ended up having to delete and reinstall everything plus the patches. Now it is showing up properly. Thanks.

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »
So their room quality does not do nothing or cost anything?
I always thought the better quality rooms cost more as well gave better rest. 

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 01:51:56 PM »
If I remember correctly accommodation do cost more but only give a happiness regen increase
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline SleepDeprivedPent

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »
I also have a few questions
1. why is suspicion and disposition inversely related? as i free most slaves my suspicion got worse but i was labeled as a nice guy
2. how is the number of customers determined? when i have 20 girls working the brothel usually the last bunch dont get any work at all
3. it is said that girls will buy things for them selves, does this have a set condition for it to happen?
4. when girls get attacked on the streets, even if they fought off the rival gang with out losing health, why are they taken to rest, and when they rest why dont they go back to work?

thanks in advance if any one can clarify these questions

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 12:29:43 AM »
Is my game bugged then? Because all I see is one pair of lips. And I believe I have around 36 businesses taken over. Edit: Yes, 36 is the number I have.

Here's a screenshot: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1026/part1s.png
I had the same thing happen with me. all I had to do was rename a file
to quote delta

OK, you need to go into the resources folder and change the images brotheloff0.png and brothelon0.png to brotheloff.png and brothelon.png that should fix this issue.
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=17.msg3523#msg3523

Offline Alugere

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 02:05:03 AM »
I also have a few questions
1. why is suspicion and disposition inversely related? as i free most slaves my suspicion got worse but i was labeled as a nice guy
2. how is the number of customers determined? when i have 20 girls working the brothel usually the last bunch dont get any work at all
3. it is said that girls will buy things for them selves, does this have a set condition for it to happen?
4. when girls get attacked on the streets, even if they fought off the rival gang with out losing health, why are they taken to rest, and when they rest why dont they go back to work?

thanks in advance if any one can clarify these questions

1. Suspicion is directly related to if you have your gangs do anything other than guard or do catacombs. If you have taken over any territory, your suspicion will constantly drop on its own.
2. There is a set number. You can increase this by having girls work at a bar or in the gambling room. Paying money for advertising helps as well.
3. They will by usable items if they have money (Your house percents can't be set at 100%) I haven't seen a girl buy a permanent item.
4. Matrons are as buggy as hell. Put up with it until 1.30, I believe that should be fixed then.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 02:56:55 AM »
Currently, there is no benefit to putting your girls on the streets anyway, as they draw customers from the same pool as the girls in the brothel.  There are considerable downsides, as you likely have encountered, so there really isn't any point in putting them on the streets.