devolution

Author Topic: Questions regarding things in the game  (Read 20377 times)

Offline fires_flair

Re: Questions regarding things in the game
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 03:31:06 AM »
I have girls that'll buy dresses and combs, but that's the most I've seen them buy (and ususally I've already given them one so I take the rest away. (yaya free items)

Offline The Alpacalypse

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 05:01:41 AM »
Currently, there is no benefit to putting your girls on the streets anyway, as they draw customers from the same pool as the girls in the brothel.  There are considerable downsides, as you likely have encountered, so there really isn't any point in putting them on the streets.

Really?  That's interesting.  Well, what about day and night shifts?  Do they both draw from the same pool?

Offline SleepDeprivedPent

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 06:36:22 AM »
so how many extra customers does the gambling hall and the strip bar bring?
how is it affected by the number of girls working there? if it has any affect at all.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »
Day and night shifts draw from different pools.  The number of customers the strip bar brings in increases with the number of girls you have working there.  I'm not sure about the gambling hall, as girls don't get paid for working there, so I never put them on duty there.

My understanding is that you get something like (random base number of customers * advertising bonus + bonus from strip bar + bonus from gambling hall), though advertising could be additive instead of multiplicative.  You have at least 3 random variables in the equation, though (as the customers you draw from the strip bar and gambling hall is based on the random number of customers drawn to those establishments in the first place [and the number of girls you have working in them, too]).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 02:59:28 AM »
so I was wondering would shortcuts work? (especially for the girl packs or items)
and what's the min. size for pictures?

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
I dont think there is a min size for pics if there is a min/max we have never heard/ encountered it
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
Shortcuts will not work, and there is no min or max size on pics but you want the pics to be on the large size since shrinking is a much cleaner process when dealing with images than enlarging since the games changes the size to fit the screen.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
Shortcuts won't work, but symbolic links will (what the technical difference is, I cannot say).  Delta gave instructions in another thread, which I repeat here:

1. Install as normal.
2. Delete the character folder in the fresh install.
3. In the resources folder open the command prompt by shift-right click.
4. Type mklink<space>Characters<space><path to the massive character directory>/D
the <space> is just hitting the space bar.  The path should be an absolute path so it should look something like c:\users\$username\games\whoremaster\resources\characters not ..\whoremaster\characters

I have my system set up with this and it works.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 08:54:52 PM »
The difference is that a symbolic link works its magic within the file system and when dealing with files in programming looks just like a folder when dealing with paths.  A shortcut is an actual file on the hard drive that has to be interpreted through windows it self.  Hopefully that clears it up.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 12:29:54 AM »
ok, cool.
what I ment for minimum size (and I should have said this...) was min. size so that the pics will not be stretched and blurry.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 01:32:54 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone really knows the answer to that. All I can say is the bigger the better. If you use the image archives in the mods section you shouldn't have too many problems as far as size goes.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go