devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 481481 times)

Offline pnakasone

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #270 on: November 04, 2011, 06:32:46 AM »
Noob question here. When I send Signum to explore catacombs, I keep getting messages that she is slaughtering girl monsters. I realise this is because she has the agressive and merciless traits, but what I'm wondering is if it's just flavor text or did she actually kill them? I'm inclined to think it's only flavor text as the text goes something like this:

Signum encountered 2 monsters!
She enjoys butchering a monster girl!
Signum getx xxx gold, captures 0 monster girls and 2 monsters!

2 captured + 1 killed, but she only encountered 2.

Monsters would be the non-humanoid beasts. 
Monster girls are the ones you can make slaves.

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #271 on: November 04, 2011, 06:38:33 AM »
Well I skimmed the messages I wrote and didn't see anything about killing. Which trait is the cold blooded trait? Assassin? Yandere? Twisted?

If it's something along the lines of "took them out", that doesn't necessarily mean killing.

Not cold blooded. My bad. It's probably Aggressive and Merciless.
I can't remember any messages that outright says she killed them, but some quite imply that she did. I remember there was one where the monster girl was begging signum but signum wasn't in the mood for such nonsense. Guess she wasn't begging for her life, but her gold. Or maybe the slave rags.
Anyway, I guess I can take your answer to mean that they are nothing more than flavor text.

*EDIT*: This gave me an idea. Make characters with the merciless trait slaughter all captures, but in exchange they plunder more gold and items due to increased ruthlessness.
*EDIT 2*: My Kagamin isn't a virgin? Lies! *goes to change the character data*
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 06:46:01 AM by Arcenciel »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2011, 06:49:29 AM »
lmao

Yeah, I'll change that in the default packs. Let me know if there are any inaccuracies with any girls like that.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #273 on: November 04, 2011, 07:11:59 AM »
*EDIT*: This gave me an idea. Make characters with the merciless trait slaughter all captures, but in exchange they plunder more gold and items due to increased ruthlessness.
Maybe if there're a lot of girls in the dungeon already. And without slaughtering unique ones.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #274 on: November 04, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »
Possible traits to think about incorporating:

Lame (-agility, girl cannot run away)
Wings (+agility, Increased chances of an attempt to run away succeeding. Negates Lame)
Rapist (+combat, +libido, girl has forced sex with defeated opponents)
Blind (-???, girl cannot see either due to disease or injury)
Inhuman Lower Body (Same as Not Human, essentially doubling up on the trait)
Cyclopean (For some reason, this girl was born with only one large eye in the middle of her face, cannot ever possess One Eye, Eye Patch, Different Colored Eyes)
Martial Artist LVX (Scaling combat trait)
Magician LVX (Scaling magic trait)

Change 'Different Colored Eyes' to 'Heterochromia'. Means the same thing.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #275 on: November 04, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »
As far as traits go...

I've seen people slap Incorporeal onto several girlpacks if the girl regenerated in her source material.  It works, but a bit overpowered.

Could do a 'Regeneration' trait, where she recovers like, 5-10 extra health each week, regardless of whether or not she rests.

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #276 on: November 04, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
I feel that addiction cures are way overpriced. Given how little girls are worth on the slave market in this version, it's never worth it to cure the addiction. I have a pretty high stat random dragon girl with fairy dust addiction. She's worth 1k gold. The cure costs 2k. Girls on the slave market average at 700. I could get 3 regular girls if I save on the cure and sell her, or just get 1 girl that's even better than she is and still have money left over.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #277 on: November 04, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »
I feel that addiction cures are way overpriced. Given how little girls are worth on the slave market in this version, it's never worth it to cure the addiction. I have a pretty high stat random dragon girl with fairy dust addiction. She's worth 1k gold. The cure costs 2k. Girls on the slave market average at 700. I could get 3 regular girls if I save on the cure and sell her, or just get 1 girl that's even better than she is and still have money left over.

The problem is there is nothing to really blow money on. I mean once your first brothel is up and running its pretty easy to make money. So IMO the item prices are fine.
I just want more stuff to sink money into. haha

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #278 on: November 04, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »

Personally, I went into the items list and made all three a flat 1000. I did the same for the disease cures other than AIDS, but since I've yet to see one of my girls get a disease, I don't know if there's any current need for those.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #279 on: November 04, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »
While we are on the subject of cures for addictions I was thinking about an alternate way to cure em. Stick the girl in the dungeon and let her dry out. :D Sooner or later an addiction like that will go away.
Say she stays in the dungeon for X number of weeks after to get cured, then when you let her out she has a chance to relapse into her addiction for another X number of weeks, assuming she has money.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #280 on: November 04, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
I was considering writing a tigger/script combo, where if a girl is an addict and hits x% happiness, she's hit 'rock bottom', and you have an event that gives you the option of sending her to rehab.  Gives like, 70% tiredness, so she can't do much else that week, and costs gold, but cures the addiction.

The new scripting options should support that :)

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #281 on: November 04, 2011, 09:58:36 AM »
I nearly deleted those cures from the item pack completely, fyi. They're too broken tbh, if anything with how easy addictions are to wipe out just by having a matron, it's just whatever.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #282 on: November 04, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »
I think the SVN source code includes prototypes for jobs to produce the various drugs, too.

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #283 on: November 04, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »
Kagamin working as a waitress:
A customer tried to attack her. She killed him. ROFL. Go Kagamin!
She's surprisingly tough given that her combat and magic is 0%. I guess 43% constitution and 46 Agility counts for something. Is there something that determines who gets attacked? I noticed that Kagamin is targeted 100% of the time whenever there's trouble. It's happened 6-7 times already, out of about 10 girls, so it's unlikely to be plain dumb luck.

*UPDATE*: Another girl also started getting harrassed. One of my older girls too. Looks like it has to do with fame?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:38:23 AM by Arcenciel »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #284 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »
There's a set chance a girl could be attacked for every single customer they service, so you'll want security girls to defend them. While I set it so any girl with 0% on everything but HP can kill a hoodlum, it's not very reliable and you could mess your girl up by getting her attacked too much. Scars/Clumsy/Sterile/etc.

Jobs that service a lot of customers are the ones that get attacked most. Same goes for girls nearer to the top of your girls list (before you hit a sort button). Once the gangs in the gang screen are all depleted, no more girls can be attacked because there are no more attackers there to do the attacking.