devolution

Author Topic: Just for testing  (Read 7951 times)

Offline Elcat21

Just for testing
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:24 AM »
  I am trying to test many things in the game before trying to work on learning to edit script. The problem I am running into is now that I have all these add-ons, I am trying to test them. The main thing I need to do is get all 870 named girls in the brothels. so I was wondering if there is a way to where i can upgrade the slave market's number of girls sold, and limit the number of random girls just for this testing.
  Once I am done there I will go through thread by thread reading posts until I have read them all. Then try to learn scripting and editing until I have a game based on the original idead, that will satisfy the most people in the least time. My plan is to put it on a torrent download so that people can have 1000 unique girls, and as many random girls as are out there with a few extra. All relivent jobs to the game, all relivent dungeon jobs, all relivent catacomb events, all relivent items, 2 extra places to get things from, each opened in different ways. One will be called Jeeks Altered Items, the other will be an Adventurers Guild to send Adventurers on High priority items and quests. Then I want to put in a main Protagonist and a neat ending.
  So help with testing is all I need at the moment. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.
  If anyone is open to teaching me to script and edit the game I will be willing to learn. As is, I have a single file for all my girls, with no doubles on names unless spelled differently (part of the testing.) I have played with charecter editing and item editing. Made many things that I think will be fun to add to the game.
I have been playing the game since the first beta. I just want to get one version out that is no longer a beta, but I only recently joined the actual comunity, and even longer before I added a post. I have not tried the ex version. Mainly because I liked the original too much. Never added an addon for at least 6 months of playing the game. Just figured I would see a non beta before now.

Thank you for any input or help I may receive. 8)

Offline crazy

Re: Just for testing
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:54:58 AM »
so I was wondering if there is a way to where i can upgrade the slave market's number of girls sold, and limit the number of random girls just for this testing.
Only way would be to edit the source code.  Another route you could go is make the girls normal and use the test game so you have unlimited walk around town would take awhile to get 800 girls but if you don't know how to edit the SC then that is the only way... My game patch upped the chance of getting uniques in the slave market to 50% instead of 20% you could try that.

Offline Elcat21

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:34 AM »
Link it for me, I will try that.
 Thankyou as well
 ;D
Also, how does one do the unlimited walk arround town. You up the chance to get a girl to 100% so it would not take long to get all the girls just to test them, and check for image name problems.
 8)

Offline crazy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:25:20 AM »
 Thankyou as well
 ;D
Also, how does one do the unlimited walk arround town. You up the chance to get a girl to 100% so it would not take long to get all the girls just to test them, and check for image name problems.
 8)
http://www.mediafire.com/?eft5aufqmygqd5u is the mod..  And when you start a new game name the brothel Test just like that for unlimited walk around town.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 02:29:09 AM »
 Thankyou as well
 ;D
 8)

Enter the name of your first brothel as 'Test' (without quotes). I am not 100% that it will give you unlimited around town walks but it should give you plenty of opportunities to test out the game/your mods.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Elcat21

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:40:33 AM »
Yep, you are both right. Test does work. But there is one problem, I figure it to take close to 12 hours to get all the girls, accept for the catacomb girls, and you cannot save the game. So that makes it impossible with me having a job. Darn it was good for just checking a few but not the 870. So I will take the long road and continue to play my game through. ???

Offline drake

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »
The Test brothel also re-randomizes the slave market each vist, so no need to set them on normal, just give yourself a lot of gold and keep visiting slave market too.

Why can't you save?

Offline crazy

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »
There may another way I think you can edit your save file and put all the girls in the dungeon or one of your brothels by using note pad.  Back up your save just incase it breaks but I think it can be done.

Offline Elcat21

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »
Ok Kewl. now that sounds like a way that I can go through check the pictures to see that they are working and that I do not need to rename anything. Cause I have already renamed about 20 girls, and 5 or 6 random girls. Once I get done with getting all the girls it will be much easier to check them one at a time to see that they are not just skipping some images by opening the game and the folder for the charecter at the same time. Then just rename any that need to be renamed, also I had missed some of the double downloads some how so it is helping me find this as well. Lastly, some packs do not have vary many pictures, so I plan to look for a few and add to them.  8)

Now the real question is how to edit that file to get all the girls. I will be experimenting with it while I wait for posts.
Mwahahaha, I am not crazy, but it is I who am mad!!!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 02:32:30 AM »
Now the real question is how to edit that file to get all the girls. I will be experimenting with it while I wait for posts.
Mwahahaha, I am not crazy, but it is I who am mad!!!

As long as you follow some basic rules, there should be no problems with packs. If you clean up all of your girls, game shouldn't mess them up. I doubt you can edit save file in such way...

Maybe a good practice is to remove .girlx files for girls you are already happy with and work with those you're wishing to improve.

Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 03:28:22 AM »
Just open it with note pad find where it has your dungeon girls and then cut and paste all the girls that aren't in a brothel into the dungeon... As I said back up your game save but doing that should put all the girls in the dungeon.