devolution

Author Topic: saving doesnt works  (Read 6173 times)

Offline highx9

saving doesnt works
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »
i dont know WTF happens, but every time I try to load a game, my game frozens. I need help please. no message puts up, ive gotta close up the program

Offline sgb

Re: saving doesnt works
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:56:09 PM »
Saves still get corrupted on occasion in the current version.  Not a whole lot you can do beyond hope the autosave still works or start over when it happens.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:57:58 PM by sgb »

Offline highx9

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »
im afraid it has happened to me 4/4 times ive started a new game. isnt that too bad luck?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:21:08 PM »
That does seem high. Can you post the gamelog?

Offline highx9

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
whats that? im sorry i know close to nothing of game programming. i dont get anything, game just freezes

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »
OK what files did you download.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:55 PM »
You will find the game log in the root directory of Whore Master - it's called gamelog.txt.

To make sure you installed correctly, you needed to download the following:

Whore Master 1.23 beta

Patch to 1.29 beta

Patch to 1.29.4 beta

Patch to 1.29.4.6 beta

Unzip the 1.23 beta file to your desired destination directory for Whore Master, say c:\Program Files\Whore Master\ (herein referenced as the root directory).

Unzip the patch to 1.29 into the WM root directory, overwriting any duplicates.

Unzip the patch to 1.29.4 and copy the contents of the resulting folder into the WM root directory, overwriting any duplicates.

Unzip the patch to 1.29.4.6 into the WM root directory, overwriting any duplicates.

Now everything should work.  If it still doesn't, attach a copy of the gamelog.txt file and a saved game from the "Saves" directory (just the .gam file, not the .gam.mast file).  I'll try to duplicate the problem with the saved games.

[edit]

Alternatively, you can download and unzip the fully patched zip file I posted over in the downloads section (here)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:17:55 AM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline highx9

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »
I patched everything, but bad news, it doesnt works. here you have the gamelog with a saved game, and sorry for disturbing

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »
Well, I can confirm that your save doesn't load.  Is it a save file from an older version of the game?  Saved games from previous versions are not compatible with newer patched versions.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline highx9

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »
yeah, sorry for that thing. I only had the savings from 1.29. here I attach you one from the last patched version

Offline jarto

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »
I encountered the same problem in the past. What I do is delete the old save before I make a new save. Cumbersome, perhaps, but it works.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »
yeah, sorry for that thing. I only had the savings from 1.29. here I attach you one from the last patched version

This save works fine for me, do you still have the same problem?

I encountered the same problem in the past. What I do is delete the old save before I make a new save. Cumbersome, perhaps, but it works.

The game will write over old saves, you just can't load saves from previous versions.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:16:08 PM by zodiac44 »